Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cathy, my thoughts are with you, sending you a big Cooper Cwtch xx

Kim, I like lsereno and would have no objection to her joining - what do the others think?

I do think we need to consider adding a few new members! This group is really slowing down....

I had one good 5:2. Yesterday was a "normal" day but i hit the chocolate.. damn.

I am doing something emotionally charged for me. I am going through a backlog of paperwork and reducing the paper chaos. That means reliving many memories through paperwork, photos, old books and other remnants of my life. I know I will feel lighter when it is done! ... but no fun right now :(

I have no objections, we really need to up our act though concerning the 5:2. I put my hands up as I cannot remember when I last had a complete 5:2 week.

I do like the emotional support of this group and I thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. Emotional support in real time (ie UK time) is not always available to me and I always look forward to checking the site to check current replies and to see if anyone is online.

Yes, I guess the group has slowed way down. There are a few that only check in once in awhile.

My only thought is Queen of Crop asked to join awhile ago and we told her we weren't taking in new members. How do we handle that? or maybe she would not find out, since nobody is  supposed to be able  to read in here, other than us. She seems too chatty to me. I could see her posting big long posts every single day. 

I am okay with lsereno joining. She is very down to earth and I don't see her coming in and monopolizing our group the way I think Queen of Crop would.  

I will wait till a few others check in and if it looks like a go I will let her know... Im not sure how to jump someone new in... we will cross that bridge if we get there!

Given that so many don't post at all and some post rarely I make a motion we consider allowing up to 3 new members. I do not have strong opinions on who they should be except they are interested in 5:2 and a small support group.

If we don't disrupt this group with new energy it will fade away....

Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't been posting and keeping up very well. Things have just been absolutely crazy around here. Stress with the inlaws, my MIL has Alzheimer's. She is getting worse. My grandma also now has Alzheimer's and we are looking for an assisted living place for her and her boyfriend. A few other things are going on and it's been a lot of major stress.

I haven't been doing very well with 5:2 and really need to get back into it. I've been doing one fast day a week. This week I didn't have one. I feel a bit out of control and I do not want to gain weight. I haven't gained any yet so I'm thankful for that.

I'm exercising and feel pretty much normal with that since I had plastics. I have come to realize that I have to exercise to keep my anxiety in check.

So that's my update. I need to make time to get on here for support and to give support to all of you! Sorry I haven't been doing that.

Denise, recovery from a major surgery is really hard. It was very emotional for me, more than I expected. Thinking of you.

Sheryl, I'm glad things are going well with your new guy. It's always fun for me to read about your relationships. I don't know why. Maybe bc I've been married for so long it's fun to read about your adventures.

Kim, I know what you mean! So many things coming up in the next month or so. I don't want food to be the focus but it's so hard to not get excited about all the goodies. So very thankful for my sleeve that keeps me from eating like I used to. I try to keep that in mind even though I am fully aware that it's easy to gain even with the sleeve.

I know I wanted to respond to more but I can't remember everything bc I just got caught up!

Cathy, i forgot to say I'm sorry for your loss. I'm so happy you were able to spend time with her before she passed.

So sorry about your loss, Cathy. :-( <3

I am still in the midst of my going-on-a-year-long disaster of a lifestyle, let's leave it at that for now.

I have always been in favor of including Queen of Crop/Sharene in here, she's lovely and I have met her IRL as well. It could be a bit awkward to add people now cos if they read the entire thread, they will see us talking about them. I am super uncomfortable with that -- though I wish we didn't talk about them in the first place, even while I understand the reason and need for doing so.

That all said, I'm also fine with Lynda/lsreno, she's very good at keeping on her proper diet, unlike myself.

Read here still every new post, just not wanting to post much cos of The Disaster Called My Life. But thinking of you all on a daily basis. <3

Edited by swizzly

Aw Swiz, we have all posted some disaster moment here one time or another! Don't feel like you have to keep quiet if you want to share. 

Glad to see you sarsar as well. Sounds tough.... I have a list the length of my arm of stressful things in my life right now too, but I just try and find quality where I can... and I can still find that when I make the effort. Don't forget to make some time for yourself girl. Caregivers need that to stay healthy.

A few of us are starting the 5:2 again on monday... checking in at the 5:2 page here:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/289313-the-52-diet/page-23

Can I admit Isareno? Or does Daisy need to do it? I don't mind Queen at all... its up to you guys. I know even if you like someone, it can be hard to let them into such a long running inner sanctum!

So nice to hear from everyone.

Here is a proposal. Make sure everyone is ok with queen and/or Linda. .maybe give everyone a few days to"vote. We delete this mega thread and start a new one where we introduce ourselves.

In the future, any discussion about a new member should be in a separate thread (to be deleted) or by PM.

I vote yes on both if they want the small group. Be sure to tell them its often off topic. What I didn't care for was when Susan was a member for a week..clearly this was n not what she was seeking.

That ^^^ is a great idea! But I would hate to have this entire thread be deleted, so much in here! Any way to save it and then delete it? No clue, just thought I'd ask.

OD -- forgot to say earlier, I hope your back is feeling better now? Back pain seriously ruins me, so I am really feeling empathy for you.

I'm pretty sure we can just delete one or two entries if we want to... I would hate to delete them all too... Of course its a giant BOOK at this point.... If someone wanted to read it all they deserve to be here!

Sounds good, wait for some more check ins.... How you doing Florinda? its been a few days....

I would hate to delete them all too. It's like they are a part of us. I know that might sound funny but that's how I feel.

I read recently that Denise wasn't comfortable with Queen joining. Not sure how she felt about Lynda.

I'm fine with Lynda joining and I don't have an opinion on Queen bc i don't really know her or remember reading too many of her posts to get a feel. If it is decided that we add a few,it's probably a good idea to let them know we have a past in this group and its more than 5:2. I think someone else may have mentioned that. I would also hate for them to be reading about us "talking" about them. Not sure of what can be done about that.

I hope everyone who hasn't checked in for a while is doing ok.

I think my only 5:2 day I am getting in this week will be Wednesday. My SIL is in town visiting for a few days and then my daughter is coming for Thanksgiving. I can't wait! I miss having her close by.

Next week my husband and I are headed to Mexico (Cabo) for a few days without kids!!! It's a "work" trip but there is mostly just one meeting he has to attend for a couple hours and the rest of the things planned for us are all fun and relaxing. I'm looking forward to getting away from this crazy thing called life!

Once we get back from our trip I will get back into my regular 2 days of fasting.