Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is wet and miserable in the UK at the moment and the forecasters say it will be this way for another month! Hawaii sounds wonderful, when will you go? Think of the beach and your bikini and your appetite for bread will disappear.

Cath took the words right out of my mouth, buy a ridiculously expensive designer drop dead sexeh bikini and hang it off the fridge!

I will be doing my part to assist us all, with my gluten free paleo "bread" treats, I am currently in love with my dinner rolls that I adapt into muffins, crumpets, sandwich thins, etc. I eat them without guilt, remorse, OR sneezes! :P

1 cup tapioca flour

1/3 cup coconut flour (plus a little more later if the batter is too thin)

1 chia egg

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 cup warm Water

mix it all until it is smooth and thick, freeze for 10 minutes, then coat your hands in leftover tapioca flour and scoop out palm sized wads, roll into balls, place on parchment, bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Makes a baker's dozen dinner roll-sized rolls that are crusty on the outside, chewy on the inside and a perfectly portioned, shameless starch!!

Cath took the words right out of my mouth, buy a ridiculously expensive designer drop dead sexeh bikini and hang it off the fridge!

I will be doing my part to assist us all, with my gluten free paleo "bread" treats, I am currently in love with my dinner rolls that I adapt into muffins, crumpets, sandwich thins, etc.  I eat them without guilt, remorse, OR sneezes! :P

1 cup tapioca flour

1/3 cup coconut flour (plus a little more later if the batter is too thin)

1 chia egg

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup olive oil

1/2 cup warm Water

mix it all until it is smooth and thick, freeze for 10 minutes, then coat your hands in leftover tapioca flour and scoop out palm sized wads, roll into balls, place on parchment, bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Makes a baker's dozen dinner roll-sized rolls that are crusty on the outside, chewy on the inside and a perfectly portioned, shameless starch!!

Do you need some kind of levening with that?

What the heck is a chia egg? My god those chia pets lay eggs? ? :)

So what would the carbs be like in that dish?

I too wondered what a chia egg is, thought it was some USA delicacy that I have been missing out on.

Dear Ruby (MIL) took a tumble down some stairs last night, cracked her head and has a bleed on the brain. Unfortunately they cannot operate and the prognosis is not good so we have called the family and they will descend on us this afternoon. I want to stuff my face with food as I feel so sad.

I am sorry Cathy. Life has so many sad things. I try to remind myself that overeating never fixed any of them and just made me feel worse.

That's a good thing to remember Sheryl. This back surgery has really kicked my butt. I worry about a gain because it hurts so much to walk, but right now it's all I can think of to make it through the day. I'm trying to drink the shakes not not each much cause I don't feel like fixing anything anyway. It would be really  nice to drown my sorrows in a pan of brownies.

Blew my fast today. Started out ok, then down the drain. I went to the dentist and had a tooth ground down and fitted for a cap.... the stress of that was all I needed to go out and eat mexican... on the left side only. I am such a weiner sometimes. I didn't eat much, thank god for the sleeve.... but managed to graze here and there the rest of the night. 

So sorry Cathy, life is rich and hard, thats for sure. Tomorrow is another day ladies. 

Quiet for 5 days!

I had a great weekend, things are going awesome with Kevin. We are having cold clear weather so I am riding again.

I need to do 5:2 - who is in?!?

Me, I've been eating badly all weekend. I really want to get back to my exercise too.

Well the lovely Ruby has done a Lazarus on us, after the last rites and family gathering around and saying goodbye she only opened her eyes yesterday! She is still poorly and they are still unable to operate but she is one tough cookie. She knows who me and my husband are though she is finding it hard to say our names. I keep telling my husband not to get his hopes up as she is 88 and we want her to have some quality to her life if she survives. It has been one roller coaster weekend though.

Really quiet on here at the moment, where is everyone?

Denise how is your recovery going?

Cathy that's incredible, a last opportunity to express love with her..

Chia eggs are 1 tsp cracked chia seed, 3 tsp Water. Mixed together it replaces an egg in any recipe, and contains more of the good things in eggs, like omegas.

The tapioca rolls do not require leavening and I have no idea what the carbs are, I only make this recipe every couple of weeks and it's full of such excellent nutrition and Fiber and I only eat one or two so I never bothered to break down the carbs/cals.

I am having trouble recovering from back surgery. I don't know why I didn't expect that it would be this painful. Plus they sent me home from the hospital with pain medication that made me so nauseous, I wasn't taking it. I went in and saw the dr today and he removed my dressing. He said my incision looks perfect and changed my pain medication. I am doing much better today.

I want to do 5:2 but I have so much trouble resisting food these days. Gaining weight freaks me out,  but I guess not enough to make me stop eating. I did better today and I hope now that I am not in so much pain, I won't think I need sweets to make me feel better. 

Sheryl, I am glad to hear things are still going well with Kevin.

Denise, sorry to hear that the recovery is painful, I hope the change in medication brings you some relief.

Hope none of you guys are affected by the huge snowfall we are reading about. Stay safe.

Ruby passed away this morning, it was wonderful to have the few extra days with her. We are up to our eyes in paperwork now - so many people and organisations have to be told.

Not eating too much but drinking far too much coffee, I feel wired.

So sorry for your loss Cathy. Ruby sounds like a lovely, resilent woman. God bless.

Denise, hang in there. Recovery sucks. You will get through it.

I had sorta a fast day yesterday - or something close to it. Lost a pound...woo hoo! i need to keep it up as i really wanna get back to 145!

How is everyone? Where is everyone?

So Sorry for your loss Cathy, My mom had a couple of days of "coming back" before he passed. The nurse said it is not uncommon. I was so happy to have the chance to make contact with her one last time.  

Hi all, my very imperfect 5:2 is just keeping me from gaining more at this time. The fool events are pilling up.. and my carb brain is so excited about it! (yikes!!!) A couple of really clean 5:2 days a week would help so much Im sure. My exercise has been partly interrupted as well. and I am only doing about half of what I used to... that needs to change.

ALSO lsereno (you all know who she is...) http://www.bariatricpal.com/user/112048-lsereno/%C2'> interested in joining the 5:2 group to really do the 5:2. She is such a trooper and if anyone else were to join the group, I would think she would fit right in. We seem to have lost about half of our group... what do you think? I wouldn't mind adding back a little more 5:2 to our awesome friendly and open little group? What do you think? I could use the support. OR we could start another group that is more down to business 5:2 if our talk here is just too personal for a select new person?  

Everyone feeling like they are ready for Thanksgiving? Its almost upon us! 

I have already told Lynda (lsereno) that we have said no to many... but I would run it past the group... let me know what you think about her.