Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today's food: Breakfast - coffee with coconut sugar and coconut milk

lunch - a paleo brownie - avocado, coconut flour, bitter chocolate powder, chia "egg"

dinner - a piece of paleo pizza - cauliflower crust, my alfredo "sauce", arugula

dessert - dollop of greek yogurt with grain-free granola

I have a date to watch game 2 of the world series (GO GIANTS!!!!) so I might have a hard cider, otherwise I think it's a decent menu...

Hey my other PNW gals, hooray for heavy rainy fog! I've got the blankies piled high, a steaming cup of coffee, and this means later today I will be able to wear my Hunters rainboots! :P

I am really looking forward to some rain too... supposed to be showing up on Friday. Fingers crossed... HUGE drought right now....

I effing hate the rainy season. We have the best summers EVER but it is starting to suck big time...

CherylJ, whaddyatalk it's AWESOME! :P I am loving this weather, cute coats, knee high boots, and I look SO cute in hats!

I'm excited, my new Protein powders arrived in the mail yesteerday, Chike coffee and Fit Frappe Spiced Chai!

I hate the rainy season too. It's so depressing.

I did try the Buspar and it gave me terrible headaches, the same thing Trazadone does. Lexapro made my anxiety 100 times worse. I felt like I stuck my finger in a light socket. I never tried a dose as low as yours though, Sheryl.

I still haven't tried the doxepin. There hasn't been a good day where I feel I can try it. Tomorrow an electrician is coming to do some stuff, and I don't want to take it tonight (even though it's past 1 am)  because I don't know if it will make me groggy in the morning.

I probably won't take it Sat. either because it's my birthday.

My social life is killing me these days. It is really cool that I have developed a network of people who want to get out and do stuff!!! Flip side, I can barely keep up with the monster I have created. :) Its a good problem to have.

Yesterday had dinner with a lady who was a dear friend years ago, but we have drifted apart. It was so fun to see her again and we have plans to do it again, but all this eating out, going out.. not the best for my skinny jeans!

Good thing I am going to dance the night away tonight. 3 bands identified to hop from place to place to see! I have a date with Kevin, but i have also somehow invited other friends (I don't think I actually did that, more like i have been trying to get them to join me for weeks and NOW they finally decide to crash my party!) Anyway, it will be a good test of if Kevin has a chance of fitting my lifestyle how he adapts to my posse - my band of merry ladies (and a few guys).

I have been fretting over booking a vacation to somewhere sunny and warm to use up my vacation days (we cant carry them over to next year). It hit me this morning that i need to follow my mantra for 2014 which is "stabilize". That is the theme for this year, so I will do a staycation instead and finish cleaning my office, dejunking my life even further. I have made progress on clearing the clutter of my EX of making my house more a home. I have corralled his crap enough that i can park in my garage again - that sort of thing. I will use my staycation to continue that theme of self improvement - of making my life match my desires.

I have loved having a theme this year to make decisions by. I am thinking about possible themes for 2015...

went to my first kizomba class last night, fun! But even more physically intimate than tango so, potential for awkwardness! then I went on a date with a very cute lawyer from Detroit who just moved here, I think he was less in to me by the end of the date than at the beginning though, so ...

After that date I went to tango where I had a few delicious sets, makes me impatient to lose all this $h!tty excess weight so that I can wear the pretty shoes!

BTW - drop what you are doing and immediately go purchase Fit Frappe spiced chai Protein Powder and Chike coffee Protein powder!!!! I am 4 years post op and have always been a protein powder girl and NEVER have I EVER had protein powders as delicious as these!!!! I decided to make a "dirty chai" from them so wizzed up the Chike with Water and then added in a 1/3 serving of the Fit Frappe, then poured over ice. If I didn't know better, I would have SWORN I was drinking some 600 calorie concoction from Starbucks!! SERIOUSLY!!!! It was effing amazing.

Also, here is a super shock - I am a longtime believer in greek yogurt as a protein source, par excellence. However, at the store yesterday I happened to compare Fage to Siggis (an icelandic strained yogurt) and Siggis scored better in everything! Lower calorie, higher protein, lower carb, lower SUGAR... now that I know that 4 grams is a teaspoon, it has helped trememdously in turning away from sugar. I mean, picture it - picture whatever it is you are eating or drinking and teaspoons full of white crystals dumping into it, one after another, after another ...

Florinda, I'd love to spend a day or two with you so you could teach me all about the wonderful foods you have - they sound delish...

Sat in a cafe in Split (Croatia) drinking coffee in the autumn sunshine. We are in Diocletian's Palace- he was a Roman geezer and he knew how to build. The place is amazing and it is wonderful to be sat amongst so much history.

Oh, I never made it to Split when I was meandering through eastern europe, lucky you!

Sounds like some adventures going on out there! Good for you all! I have been a bit of the slug this weekend... Did go out for Indian with the dad. Working on my family history WAY too much. (I have another life that is going down the drain right now!) Anyway, I spent all day yesterday looking up all the menfolk that lived during the American Revolution to see how many of them were in the records as "Patriots". Found some very interesting stories...14 possible patriots... but the one I was most excited about was actually part of the Lexington Alarm in 1775... the one were Paul Revere took the ride! I also have a Quaker grandpa (they didn't fight) but he is on record as feeding the troops. Some guys guys with fancy plaques on their graves and such turned out to have just signed oaths of allegiance... others that had nothing fancy actually fought... Anyway, now I want to go through the women folks next to see if there are any stories there. The down side of this work is its done on the couch and the Snacks go down EASY. Getting my labs done tomorrow and not so sure they will come out well this time.....

Kim, sounds very interesting to hear of your ancestors. My family has little known history pre about turn of the century... At least one branch migrated from Ireland and England about that time...

Had amazing date(s) with Kevin this weekend. He is seriously looking for a relationship which has sorta taken me aback. I am in truth open to that too, but I guess have learned to keep expectations low. He asks me questions that are definately probing if we might retire together... like at the same time as he is pursuing me pretty hard he is also "pre-qualifiying me". He is into my looks and personality which is a great start. Physically, totally my type, tall thin, full head of hair. He is really tall actually... over 6'4". He is outgoing, Passionate and affectionate... thank goodness... haven't met someone like that since Steven. I so much want a warm friendly, loving man. so many of them are cold fish... I hear many are needy, but I get the cold fish...

My gut (and my counselor!) has told me that you need to let a man pursue and I surely have done that... but now he is wanting to be sure I am open to being "all in". I have known him less than a month so for me this is a balancing act a bit. I am not all in, but dream of being there someday. :)

Fun shopping trip with my friend Mary yesterday. Dang wind storm spread branches and tree crap all around my beautifully clean (exterior) house. :(

I am at times sick of the maintenance owning a home takes. It is good for me though, i suspect all that hard work is helping me maintain my weight.

Cheryl, from my own personal experience, it is a bit of a red flag when a man starts nudging you toward being "all in" after only a brief acquaintance. In my experience, this means he is trying to lock you in for his own needs/interests, like a car salesman.

Well, I may not have expressed it right. Anyway, he is looking for a real relationship... with a real future. No guarantees of course as it is early days... but he wants to be sure that the possibility is there is all. It doesn't hurt that we have alot of chemistry and attraction already, but we are old enough to know that the "love and lust" stage doesn't make for a life together forever.

It has been a 360 from guys like Theo who are so focused on finding the "right woman" but are afraid to even try to get to know a person. I think Kevin is actually just being open and honest about his motivations. He is a warm loving man who wants a woman in his life. How refreshing.

It's half term here, so that means a week off - yey! Had a good weekend; Sat night out with the girls. cinema with the hubby Sunday!  Too much good food but hey ho. Spent yesterday painting the bathroom - we are putting the house on the market and it needed a bit of TLC.  My son is home today from his adventures in NY -so all good here.

Having a break from the 5:2 at the moment... can't face being disappointed right now, so I need some 'time out' from weight and food. I'll beb ack on it soon though ''cos I don't wanna gain!