Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You did the right thing, Sheryl. You have to express your feelings.

I really feel for all of you taking care of your parents. I went through that for such a long time, trying to do it with me here in Oregon and them in Arizona. Now they are gone, and I miss them of course, but everything seemed to have happened the way it was supposed to . Neither of them had any long drawn out illnesses. I was always afraid I would get the call "get here as fast as you can"

I definitely need this surgery. I looked at my MRI and I can see how my spinal canal is closed up cutting off the nerves. I hope it goes well. I have such a low pain tolerance. It freaks me out.

I'll let everyone know how I'm doing as soon as I can. I have to check into the hospital at 5:45 am and surgery is 7:30 am .

My daughter is being a royal witch to me and that is another story I will save. She is a nurse and wanted me to sign papers so she has access to my medical records. She is worried I am going to get strung out on pain pills. I don't even take pain pills.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Denise...let me know if I can help or lend moral support in any way. I know you will be fine, no... great post op, but still scary. Thinking of you.... My thoughts are with you!

Thinking of you Denise... sending happy healing. and pain free thoughts to you.

Thinking of you Denise and hope that everything goes well.

I knew he was going to react that way Cheryl, I saw similarities to my ex-bf, in his wanting to lock you down. As soon as I read your post I knew that a guy with some trauma, some insecurities, would not react well to any kind of remarks upon his behavior - they interpret it as a level 10 shaming and immediately flip on the hostilities.

Good luck Denise - you're a trooper so I know you'll be ok... plenty of rest post op! Keep us updated on your progress... hugs to you x

HI  all!

Thank you so much for all your kind words of encouragement. :)

I am using the copmputer in the hospital  visitors waiting area. I haven't been on a computer so slow in years! My daughter didn't want to go and get my lap top and I didn't want to bring it with me because I didn't know where it would go while they were doing the surgery. I wish I had it. I am so bored.

Anyway, surgery went well. He removed a big giant cyst on my spine that he said was due to arthirtis and inflamation. It was pressing on my nerves. He also did what is called a laminectomy. They said I could go home in the morning if I did a lot of walking so that's what I am doing. It really only hurts a lot getting into and out of bed. Lucklly, at home, I only  have to do that once per day. I won't have those rails to help pull myself up.

Bill is going to come and help take  care of me.  We are still in touch but I have completely changed my boundaries so we don't see much of each other. It's not like he has to stay around 24/7.. I know there are certain things I will need help with for awhile, and I know I can count on him. My daughter works, so she can't help me all the time.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Sounds like you are doing really well, hope the surgery makes things easier after healing.

Sheryl, Have you and Kevin talked and found a way to understand each other better regarding whatever it was that upset you?

I hope so. It's good for things to come out early. It seems when you first meet someone, things are so perfect for awhile. Eventually, something is bound to come up. It's how it's worked out that makes the difference.

Hi Denise how are you feeling? Recovery going well? I know plastics was a much bigger healing thing, but Protein is good for healing!

I am seeing Kevin tonight. We haven't had the"exclusive" talk and I think it's about time I take my counselors advice and just"date" rather than getting so deep with one guy. I repeatedly make that mistake because I want a boyfriend and it is easy for me to sorta try to make things work. He is a pretty good guy and I am drawn to him in a way that I like feeling, but I don't think we are soulmates. That's ok we can still date. I am fairly smitten by him (and it is mutual) but he can be sarcastic and negative plus at 9 years my senior has alot of physical issues. I don't want those things for a "new" committed relationship. He is in some ways generous hearted and easy going but deep down he is a"my way or the highway" type. I am too old for that carp, but keeping things light doesn't cause a problem. He is funny, trim, athletic, full head of hair, smart, outgoing,6'4" , likes live music and dancing, affectionate - many assets for some one to date and have fun with.

I have been stress eating. Bounced back up to 150# and I'd rather weigh 140#. My stress is work related and about keeping up with work around my place. Kevin would love to help me but I am NOT going down that path. I need to solve this myself.

In spite of da pudge, I feel good, look good, anxiety in good control without meds... I am trying to tell myself it's time to do 5:2again. I feel emotionally strong but I want food alot. I think it's the carb cycle...

Sounds like all of are fighting regain again. I've done nothing to day but watch tv and eat. Tomorrow has to be better. I have too many of those 100 calorie little packs of junk. I have to try to get the carbs back out of my life so I'll stop craving sugar all the time.

We all need to start over again with 5:2, Let's see if I can manage a fast day. Last time I did 5:2, I had to pretty much stop eating out. I go out to lunch or out to dinner way to often.

Sheryl, I hope you two work things out so you're getting what you need out of this relationship. It sounds like he does have a bunch of great assets that would want you to  keep him around in your life.

I wish I weren't stuck in this isolated little isolated little town. There's so little chance that I'll ever meet anyone decent around here. I may start looking in Portland again.

My back hurts a lot and the pain pills just make me want to rip off my skin because they make me itch so bad. I'd rather have the pain. I hope I start to not need pain pills soon. It's really hard when I'm not supposed to bend, twist,  or lean forward. I'm not supposed to sit for more than 30 min in the same position. It's hard to find a comfortable position.

Sorry you are in pain Denise. I am doing good with Kevin he made a real effort to address my concern after the initial drama over it. He is a good guy so I am still seeing him.

I had a big weekend. Tired but good!

I need to stop the carb train. It's not junk food it's whole grain bread, humus, etc but I just can't eat this way!.

I'm really glad to hear he made a real effort to address your concerns. If guys aren't willing to bend a little, there is just plain NO HOPE.

I don't know what the heck I am going to do with Jim. I keep telling him over and over that I only like him as a friend, and he will say something like "I can't wait until you're my sweetheart" It's like if he he says it enough, it will come true.

Once you broke it off with Theo and the one before him, did they say they wanted to stay friends, and still do things together?  I can't really avoid Jim because he goes to all the things that the ballroom dance club holds.

I did better today with not eating one thing after another. I can't gain anymore weight. I have to start going down , not keep going up. I will have no clothes to wear!

Ladies, no lie, the holidays are going to be tough. I have been fasting twice a week for a few weeks, but still am hovering above the high end of my acceptable goal range by 5 pounds. I fasted yesterday but did not lose anything. In all truthfulness, I am not eating the same way I did when 5:2 was so successful. I eat out more (Denise, you are so right) and the sugar ratio is up from holiday treats. I eat a little more on "feast" days, some days too. Its adding up. I know I'm pretty close to where I want to be, but just trying not to panic, and make the adjustments I need to make... harder than ever over the holidays. I really don't want to gain any more... and seem to be maintaining in this new higher range doing what Im doing.... boo hoo! I am starting to cook at home more, went and bought a refrigerator worth of local veggies and have bought sauces, oils and stocked up on veggie Proteins. Good luck to you all... the danger zone is here!

Hey, where is Ms. Brown? Some of you ladies are due for a check in.... say hi! Thinking of you all....

Ok... A dose of motivation. ..looks like I WILL be going to Hawaii! First time ever for me! I would love to be more like 145 rather than 150. That is good reason to give up bread etc again!