Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Kenn is continuous Liquid Protein nutrition, delivered 24/7 through a nasal gastric tube, I am going to keep going until I get down to my actual original surgeon's goal weight, which I never actually achieved. It is really really expensive but I am going to use my signing bonus and I feel it is imperative - I was losing too much ground and I needed help.

but you walk around in day to day life, going to work, going on dates etc wearing a nasal tube? That is the part I can't quite wrap my head around. My friends would FREAK out.

Florinda, I believe I saw something like this on Dateline or a show like that. Can you eat anything or are you only allowed the Protein through the tube?

Sheryl, sorry to hear about your friends horse. You can always fast tomorrow.

Can you explain more about your back pain? Is it your lower back? Do you feel like it may be a disc? I'm curious bc I have had a lot of back pain that I've had to work through since losing weight and I've done a lot of research on it so it's very interesting to me. I think I've talked on the board in the past how our bodies are so used to walking around with the excess weight that once it's gone we have to retrain our bodies how to move again. Anyway, your pain may not have anything to do with that, I'm just curious.

I have had so much body pain post weight loss... it really surprises me. I thought that would be relieved, but like you say, it is a big adjustment.

This back pain is very odd. It is located slightly below the waist and crosses much of the pelvis area. It is different than other low back pain I have ever had. I didn't tweak or do anything to it. It doesn't feel like a disk, doesn't feel like the muscles. It scares me that it is something related to internal organs. I try to not get wrapped around the axle, and imagining the worst but I know someone who found out she had terminal cancer due to a similiar backpain. What she was feeling was the cancer in her liver, pancreas and the like.

Oh and Florinda I would consider doing it especially since i have 2 weeks off from work at the end of the year, but no way would I want to explain that to aquaintances, New Years eve revelers, my date etc.... which is why i am asking about the logistics of the whole deal.

New Years eve we are going to a dinner show in downtown seattle, staying the night at the Westin and making quite an event of it all.

Florinda, I am glad you finally checked in. I really have been wondering what's going on with you. I hope you get down to the weight that you want. The real work is keeping it off. Did you meet your new man online? Bill and I met online.

Sheryl, I am sorry to hear you're having  back pain too. I have decided I will probably always have back pain. I have a lot of degenerated discs. When I had surgery, he ended up taking my last disc out because it was falling apart. I hate it. I hate not being able to do what I want. I hope things improve as I heal more.

Bill has changed a lot. He knows if he wants me in his life, it's on my terms. He's going away for a few days. In the past, he would have been upset that I didn't want to go. I'm happy to have someone to go and do things with. I don't worry if it will last or whatever.

Cathy, I hope you get your house back to the way you want soon. This must be so upsetting and stressful.

Edited by Oregondaisy

CherylJane, if you end up doing it or contacting them, let them know I sent you :). I have lost 20 lbs, it has been almost two weeks and I have another 2 weeks to go. I can only drink plain Water and it was an adjustment similar to post-op. when suddenly you aren't doing all this eating and you suddenly wake up to how much eating had dominated your life! I fill the time with knitting. As for being seen in public, I don't give a good damn! I've lost 20 flippin pounds and am on track to not just lose all my regain but get to my actual goal. My boyfriend is a scientist and he is fine with it, he is all about focusing on end results.

Well, I am interested but I am definately asking myself if I am a bit nuts. I weigh 155. My goal is 158. I am not depressed, but I am annoyed that while all my clothes fit, some of my "hotter" dancing clothes feel a tad snug. I guess I just LIKED being more like 140-145 range. a secret part of me wants to weigh 135. Not for any reason except in "my head" 135 is a normal weight for someone who is 5'5" - do you know what I mean? I look just fine as I am so I need to really examine this further.

At any rate, I would not do ANYTHING until after the holidays since I have way too many social plans in the coming weeks.

Kevin and I spent basically 3 days together last weekend. Not what I had planned, but it went really great. It hit me today - hey, I think he is trying to "woo" me. Ha - that is quite a change from past relationships. Anyway, I am enjoying it, being honest about my feelings so no guilt or feeling of being out of sync. We did the whole mutual STI testing before becoming intimate.... which is an adult and responsible thing to do but frankly stressed me out. I was for some reason worried that I might have HEP C (read about it, alot of baby boomers have it !) but i didn't so all good. Good news is that he is both capable. skilled and highly interested in intimacy - jackpot! ha! I have learned to not take those things for granted...

Sheryl, That is the greatest news that Kevin is skilled in the love department. There is nothing worse than really liking and enjoying someone but the sex is bad. You two seem to be getting along well, without much effort. Maybe I am wrong cause you can't report every conversation, but it seems like  you two have similar interests and personalities.

I hope things work out for you two, as well as for Florinda and her new man. Florinda, you're being kinda cautious about giving us too many details about your new man. What is his name?

I am really glad that Bill is going away for a few days. I really like my time and space to see my other friends and just hang  out in my house by myself. We are going to go away together next week. We aren't spending Christmas together because his sister and bil are going to his niece's house for Christmas in Portland. My son and family are coming here from Portland. I would never give up having Christmas with my grand kids.

I'm also glad he won't be around for a few days so I can get my eating under control. I know what you mean Sheryl wanting to be a certain weight. I can hold 139 if I eat my 3 small meals and a couple small Snacks, but I want to weigh135. In order to do that, I have to be so much more careful about portions sizes and really watch closely what I am snacking on. But that's what I want to weigh, but I can't maintain it. Even with 5:2 I go down on fasting days, and back up again if I eat more than 1,000 calories. It's not practical since I am not always eating at home.

We get along really well, I like him alot but have only known him since late September. We have a fair amount in common, he is very interested in horses but not enough to own one. He has invited me to keep my horses in his barn while I stay up for long weekends because it does stress me a bit to be away from my critters. He keeps inviting me to bring my little dog Suzy along too which I think is very generous for someone who lives in a pet free and very clean home.

It always strikes me as odd when people talk about "love" very early on - I am a long way from that emotion and I am not sure i ever will be. I think that is hard to predict.

the downside is we are both getting older and with more physical infirmaties. He has serious shoulder problems which prevent him from doing alot of activities that he loves. right now I am suffereing big time with an elbow injury and back pain so we are quite a pair. I am hoping mine is temporary, but his is permanent - he has had multiple injuries and surgeries. I admit i am thinking hard about whether I want to be in a permanent relationship with someone 9 years my senior who already has pretty severe physical limitations. having said that - he is funny, outgoing and engaging, welcomes my friends and lifestyle, tall, energetic, alive, full head of hair, great kisser and snuggler and strong libido - all good!

Sheryl, is there such a thing as a perfect man? That's the question. Lol

If anything ever happens to my husband, I would be very picky, too, if I decided to find love again.

I understand you being concerned about your back pain especially with all of the loved ones that have had cancer in the past. Hopefully the back pain isn't something serious.

Georgia, I feel so bad for your daughter! One point!!!! What a blow. There's got to be a reason it turned out this way, though. In the future hopefully that will be made clear for all of you. Congrats on another grand. My "little" sister, 8 years younger than me, is having her first baby in February. I cannot wait. The last baby born in the family was my youngest who is 11. I love baby snuggles. She's having a boy. We were hoping for a girl but a boy is just fine.

Denise, enjoy your time away from Bill.

Oh Sheryl, I forgot to ask do you still have any sensitivity around the incision across the top of your butt? That area is very sensitive to me especially while lying down doing different ab work or floor work. It feels like nerve endings. I know it can take a couple years for those to grow back but I was just wondering if you had that issue.

Yes, Florinda, tell us more about the man! Maybe even a picture of him? How about a picture from you Sheryl?

My fast day yesterday went fine. I like the day after fast days bc my sleeve feels tight.

I think getting in some real Vitamin D on vacation really helped. I do take Vitamin d daily. 5000 whatever's of it but I think the real stuff has lifted my mood a little.

Tomorrow I'm spending the day with my mom shopping. Hopefully I will get my shopping done. Christmas is such a chore the last couple years with different family stuff that has happened. I would rather it just be another day but bc of the kids I will continue on. Hopefully we will get the tree up this weekend.

Just laying here reading about all your lives, nice to see some of the long lost gals.... not much to say, but taking a few days off, friends visiting which has been nice, but lots of eating out a favorite restaurants... Hello to all, and welcome back to those who are back!  

Sarah, I don't have any sensitivity around incisions. I am 14 months out from plastics... and what I still have is some numbness in the belly. It doesn't bother me much... but tends to make me feel "swollen" and huge at times. I have been working on the mental trip around this - numb does not mean I am huge and swollen!

I do have permanently erect nipples - ha! And they are sensitive.

So... TODAY is my 3 years since VSG. Wow, I can hardly believe it. December 11, 2011 I started down a path that has been truly, genuinely life changing.

Congratulations Sheryl! 3 years is a long time! It's long enough  to know you enjoy this weight and  you will fight hard to stay at a weight you're happy with.

People tend to think that once they have made goal, they can stop being so careful.

I love that I have someone else  in here who knows that the real work starts after you reach your goal.

I hope you enjoy the coming year, and let love into your life and heart!

Sheryl! Congrats! You are a super star in this domain. I will have my 4th year Jan 19th. The time has flown by.... and yes Denise, the work really only starts at maintenance. Its just a lovely fantasy to think you reach goal and are  **""Bling""** normal...forever.... no more work. (boo hoo :blush:  pity party over for now)

Edited by feedyoureye