Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Want2bmeagain~ I'm local here in the Springs, so I'll be coming home.

Lap Dancer~ the only symptoms I've had is the fill going away. Like after surgery when we started getting hungrier and hungrier. Two days ago my fill was perfect. Wonder how much was in there? hee hee.

I really hope nothing major is wrong. What did Dr. K want to do? Run some tests or see the placement of your band? I'll be praying for you!

I haven't seen Dr. K but spoke to him on the phone. He needs to see me. For now we are treating symptoms. I'm changing up my diet. I have less restriction but it's also been six weeks since my fill.

I am here!! Sorry... been up to my ears in roller derby stuff this month. We have a big bout on Friday and I am "head bitch" as they call me to make sure it all runs smoothly.

Yes! I WILL be there on Sept 11... I have it on my calendar and everything. Thanks for changing it for me!

Mare~ thanks for the thoughts. I had to grin imagining you asking to go home. Boy, that makes me feel less of a spaz! I will probably walk in and ask them to give the the "good stuff" right away so I don't care what they do and when they do it!

Woof

I read some posts before your surgery! Again, I was grinning...sounds so familiar!

So that I don't have to dig through old posts, could you all give me your recommendations if I am having my surgery at the Crown Point in Parker? Was is the Select? the Holiday inn, the Hampton? I have them all written down, and have no idea why I wrote ALL of them down. Tell me how you liked where you stayed, and how much with the med. discount

thanks all!

Drews! YES!! I am looking forward to meeting you Sept 11 at RR, bring all your advice...

Woofay~my son is still asking me about the car...my hubby has been preoccupied with the Rockies/Pirates games. I would like to get it for him, but don't hold it for him...my son still has to get his act together, he is sooooo hard to get motivated, he wants what he wants and he wants it now, he will have to show us that he is ready...like get with the drving school, switch to FT at work, etc, etc...I'll keep in touch with you, keep me posted and I'll let you know if we are any closer to a descision.

Dynamo~how's the rash, I hope it has started to clear up.

Lap~any relief??...thinking about ya'

Marcy~how are things in Alaska??

Again,

Hi -

Mal - isn't the tuff love a pain in the a--? You know after cleaning the kitchen for a half hour this morning I have had it too. Max is working full time, but by living with me he pays "rent" only when he has a few dimes to rub together. I don't think I am doing him a good thing by continuing to allow this, however, he is younger than his years emotionally, so it is such a dilemma. The car thing was hard too. I thought by giving him a car he would grow into the responsibility, yes, it has worked pretty well five cars later. He paid for all of them. As well as having very high priced insurance. But, he is so sweet, just very messy. He is turning 20 in Sept. One more year for him with me. He is playing with the idea of the Navy. I think it would help him learn internal responsibility, but am afraid it might put him over the top, as he can't just "quit". I hate being single during these moments, because a male influence would be a good thing.

Drews - we changed it for you. Don't sleep through it, people are anxious to meet you. You are an example of how this band can work!

Woofay - hope all is well with you and your kiddos. How do the paintings look in your coffee nook?

Lap Dancer - any way you could be here for the Sept 12th meeting? If not, perhaps when you get here we can arrange a special meeting with you as our honored guest.

Anyone else out there willing to leave your homes and meet us at Red Robin on September 11th at 7 pm? It is a fun supportive time together.

My weight is stuck, I am losing in ounces not pounds. So I'm still headed the right way but probably am consuming too many calories.

Oh well,

Michelle

Hi, all!

Mal~Okay...let me know whenever. I understand about getting your son going. I have a brother just like that.

Sept. 11. Well, okay. I hope to be there. (medicated or otherwise!) Let's see how big of a table we will need...6 top or better, come on gals!

Dynamo~ My weight is stuck too. Floating between the same two pounds. Rats! I hope it goes down just a little bit tomorrow. My fill is loosening...more is going down than should. I'll have to exibit a little self restraint. (easier said than done for me) How's that rash? Hopefully getting better. Thank goodness for these cooler days! Goodness it was hot in this house! And my pictures look great. I have quite the coffee station now. I truly love coffee.

Drewslou~ Are you going to make it??????? Woo hoo! You'll be able to help me get back on track after getting fixed! (Not like that!) :):D:D

Want2bmeagain~ Are you hanging in there? :whoo:

Dynamo~I ccan TOTALLY relate...my son is too younger than his years, it has been tough. He also has been thinking about the Navy, I don't think it would be a good choice for him, he can't handle the "no stress" of doing nothing living at home, I doubt the military life would be good for him (emotionally, he is not ready for much). Here we are hours away from the deadline for college payment...HOURS, and he still hasen't called to set things up...grrrrrrrr....it is 1:00 and he has until 5:00...we'll see what happens. I'd rather keep the money anyway...LOL!!! I get the messy thing too, just this morning I said to him "look around the house and see which room just doesn't belong", (Sesame St. song...).My boys are totally opposite (thank goodness, I KNOW that I could not handle two the same)...LIFE, ya gotta love it!!

I wish I had a coffee nook! Those paintings are PERFECT for a coffee nook. Dynamo, you should check into some coffee houses and sell your paintings there...PERFECT!!! I could see them now!!! BRILLIANT!!!...even Wine Bistros???

I love you all !!

October 11 at 11 AM is my next appointment. I tried to get in a few weeks sooner but he is booked. I have to have a Thursday or Friday.

Let's make the plans friends. I'll be there!

Hi everyone!!

Nuts.... I won't still be in Colorado by the 11th. I fly back home on the 8th. Maybe some day I can make a dinner! I haven't decided where I'm going to do my fills yet, kind of seeing how easy it is to get to Denver and Dr. K's office and back before I make a real decision. DH wouldn't go with me so it would just be myself and it's so much nicer traveling with someone else! Maybe I have a short attention span while trying to occupy myself! LOL

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow.... it's a few days early but I figure I have nothing to loose but weight! I'm having a bit of "last meal syndrome". Not tooo bad, but I think DH and I are going to do dinner out tonight. I won't overdo it, just order my normal meal. Well it's about to be un-normal and I'm looking forward to that change!

Hi Woof

I am doing better the last day or so! I ordered a couple of books about banding, and got the South Beach diet. I figured if Dr. K told you all about it, that I might be next in line. And...I got it off biblio.com. Wonder where I heard about that?? :cry

I have so keenly observed (bright, aint I?) that you all are having a Denver RR meeting the day of my surgery. Please...get together and do the happy thoughts for me!

Do you ever meet at a RR in the Springs?

want2bmeagain - I was going to tell you that I'm staying at the Holiday Inn right across from Crown Point. The Hampton Inn was our first choice but they would not give me a medical discount. They also would not give me a refrigerator and I believe our liquid medications have to be stored there. DH wanted to stay there because he thought the pool looked nicer and he is training for a triathlon now.

At the Holiday Inn, the king room I have is $90 a night. But now I feel dumb because I can't remember if that is the medical rate or the AAA rate.

It is official...I have a college student!!! BIZARRE (I'm not old enough to have a college student!!!)...LOL!!! He did it with a little over an hour to spare, gosh that drives me insane, I can't stand last minute rushes. So I am also officially broke (I guess I was officially broke when I paid for my surgery, then my furnace, then my dog....you know how that goes...)!!!

Lap~that's great, I can't wait to see ya'!!! So strange for the last few days, I have been seeing the number 11:11, 1:11...lots of ones everytime I look at the clocks!!!

Little & want2~ hopefully some day we will be able to meet! We will be thinking about ya'!

have a great evening all!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you know that my friend Ann's dad passed on to the next life this morning. You guys were so right -- I absolutely needed to be here. My sister-in-law's mom passed on as well on Monday night. Things/plans have a way of righting themselves so that people are where they should be, when they should be, ya know? Thanks again for the prayers that you said and the positive thoughts that you shared -- I have passed them on to Ann.

Did anyone ever hear from Justplainme/Tiffany? I sent her a PM that my surgery had be postponed, but never heard back from her. I hope she is doing ok; she should be one day post op today.

I'm sending rash healing vibes to Dynamo and healing vibes to Lap Dancer. I hope you guys find the source of these issues soon and get them resolved.

I have an $89/night medical discount rate at that Holiday Inn Select. Surgery on 9/19 now. The hotel and the airline were both very flexible/kind about re-scheduling. The rental car company wasn't. So let me just annouce -ahem- BUDGET RENTAL CAR SUCKS. They wanted a note from my friend's father's MD??? Do they honestly think I would bother my friend with that BS? I was about to show my grits eatin', NASCAR luvin' red neck to that poor phone rep, but I just decided to let it go. I'm tired, so I just wimped out instead. There are more important things in the world.

I am thinking of you all and wishing you well. I can't wait to see the pictures of the new-and-improved gals from your 9/11 meet up!!!