Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Lap~BRAVO for you! I can imagine that it might be difficult, but you can do it! We are here for ya'!

Marcy~WOW!!! you look GREAT!!! Are you sure it is 21 pounds??? You look like you have lost a lot more than that. I am sooo proud of you. Your clothes are hanging on you. Way to go!!!

Woofay~We miss you!!!...still!!!

Dynamo~YES!!! That's the ticket...get those Ladies out there for all to see...and I think the coffee houses are PERFECT!!! Don't forget Wine Bistros...Maybe that new extra large Rec Center in Parker (somewhere near the Crown Center????),they have a Bistro...and there is a cool wine Bistro place on Parker and Orchard, by the pizza place...can't remember the name if the Pizza place??? AWESOME!!!

Thanks Mal...yep, only 21 lbs....I look in the mirror and think it SHOULD be more, but alas it isn't. I don't really care, it's just one indicator out of a zillion...it's obvious that I'm smaller...I just have to stay away from the mirror when I'm putting my socks on...that's what got me into this surgery mess in the first place! Haha!

I'll be scheduling my second fill for the first week in October. A friend needs some help and has offered to help with the cost of airfare (which is a B$G deal). So maybe I'll reach goal in no time!

Marcy - thanks for the chicken massacre pics. you look fabulous. It is amazing how a few pounds can make those clothes baggy. Good going!!!! You look worlds thinner than when you were here. Hugs and good eatin'.

Mal - thanks for all the marketing ideas. I think we are going to do a fall craft show and then a spring one and one in summer. They aren't my faves, because of the amount of work, but it gives us a deadline to produce lots of pieces. How are you doing? You are so encouraging to others, and you don't reveal yourself much. Hugs to you!

Lap - how was your day. I expect you feel like you are on a roller coaster, and maybe in the front car. OMG, lots of changes for you. Extra hugs, be very good to yourself, keep the ones who are supportive close to you. Best wishes. You are being very brave!

My day was fantastic. I can't figure out what makes one day crappy and the next so great. I worked out, I did work for my religious school class, and I am going out on a date (should I mention?) tonight. Oh, maybe that is what is happening for me. You think? I raced through Kohl's looking for a new top, just to feel pretty in. He's a nice guy. I met him Monday for coffee, we're going to dinner tonight. I hope I don't PB. Well, I'll eat really slowly. We'll just see how things go, but it is nice to feel like a woman now and then.

Smiles,

Michelle

Lap Dancer.... So sorry that you are going through such emotional times.... Abuse is one of those things that is very hard to escape from, but you will do it and be a much better person than your Mom and Sister ever could be... Leaving their bonds behind you and going on with a fulfilling life is your ticket to freedom from bondage.... You go Girl!!

Wow Marcy.... You look great even in your chicken clothes.. :( I agree with Mal, it looks like more than 21 lbs lost...

Dynamo.... A downtown coffee shop sounds like it could be a good venue to sell your art work. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will get lot's of sales.... :clap2:

So... I'm just beginning my "journey" to bandland! :) I live in CO springs and I have a consultation with Dr. Kirshenbaum (Denver) in Sept. I also have another consultation with Dr. Snyder next month. Did anyone have any pros or cons for either doctor? Also does anyone know of any great doctors in the Springs? I'd appreciate any advice as I start investigating. I can't wait to start this! Both my parents were banded last Spring and I am amazed at the results! It's my turn! :(

Colorado Crazy... Gosh, I'm afraid I couldn't answer your question, since I am a Dr K patient. I am totally biased for Dr K... No offense to Dr Snyder but I don't know anything about him... Hopefully someone else can help you.... You may want to do a search of this site for some of Dr Snyders patients and get their opinions.....

Good Luck to you on your journey..

Lap dancer

The road away from abuse is difficult. Your saddness is because you are losing something, it is like a death. You are losing the way you related to your mom and sis. The strangest thing I found out about abuse is it's addictive nature. Reading books about emotional abuse may be very helpful.

Thanks so much. I will go look on Amazon now.

Welcome Colorado. I only know Dr. K and have nothing but good to say about this methodical, precise and caring man. I've never had a doctor call me back so quickly. He has an interest in your recovery overall.

Dynamo before I squeel with delight even more, I must see the coffee shop, the installation of your work and all that goes with it. I must get more details from you so I can see it and photograph it when I am in Denver. My kinda gal. How was that date?

Friends I remain determined to hold on to my recovery with all my might. When I realized that some of the pain at the heart of my eating was maladjusted thinking and that I witnessed the WHY of it with what happened by my sister and mother, it was like a GONG bell went off in my head. It most definately was a mirror held in front of my face and enlightening is the least of what I am feeling with epiphany being at the top of my emotions list.

I am slowing coming around to the realization that my life must change. Caller ID is on my list of things to purchase. Right now I am still not answering my phone at all. I am not taking any calls. I will on my cell phone but basically I am "cocooning" and have been doing so since Sunday. I am also loving myself by going to that new Greek restaurant each day, after work, and enjoying one of the many amazing salads they have. I take the leftovers home to my very happy husband who comes in from work and enjoys munching on a little something. I can tell I have lost weight and will find out how much this afternoon when I see my M.D. In essence, I hit the door at home about 3 PM and don't leave until the next day. This is incredibly healing.

I can't say NEVER but unless my sister gets in recovery, I don't see us having any type of relationship. She is my only sister and the only sibling I have. But frankly, it is not worth it. Maintaining any type of contact with her extracts far too much energy, leaves me feeling more sad than glad, and I end up trying to recover from her visits for several weeks. As for my mother, she is a master at manipulation. She lies and attempts to cover it up by portraying herself as being the innocent and naive one. This is a game, a manipulation technique that she uses. She has raised me from a child using a shame based guilt method of influence. There is a time and a place for such things but her means have had a harmful impact on me. Enough.

So as I continue on this journey, I am left with a lovely meditation sent to me by my OA recovery person. I will share it with you.

Continued successes and wonderous baby steps!

Patty

~ STAYING PRESENT ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

"First you need only look."

Anne Hillman

My disease of compulsive overeating is fueled by my regrets of the past and my fears of the future. The more I try to rewrite the past, (which of course I cannot do); the more I try to devise a future plan, (which usually does not come to pass), the less I am present for my life.

I learn much from my three-year-old son. Sometimes when running to get a ball, he suddenly stops to look at an unusual insect he sees on the

ground. His life flows and he abides by this pattern. He follows his heart and is "there" for life.

When I consciously stay present for life -- when I savor each moment and stay with my feelings -- I am alive and

living. In the present there is no worry, no fear, no regrets.

ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I ask my Higher Power to help me to stay

present for my life, to stay with

whatever is happening at any given

moment. I feel feelings. I am

spontaneous and life is exciting and

inspired.

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

"God, grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference."

Recovery Meditations ~ One Day at a Time

is mailed out each day by subscription as a

service to those working a Twelve Step recovery

program. Please feel free to pass on to others

§«*´`´`*:»§«*´`´`*:»§«*´`´`*:»§«*´`´`*:»§«*´`´`*:»§«*´`´`*:»§

Lap Dancer

The very best book I've read on the abuse issue is called 'The Verbally Abusive Relationship; how to recognize it and how to respond' By Patricia Evans.

This book will change your life. My copy is so ragged from years of use and reading it over and over again. It is great in that it helps you recognize when abuse is happening, how to counter it, and what your rights are. Also it writes about why some people are abusive to others.

Hi Everyone,

Had Mt. Vesuvius in my son's bathroom, that flooded the dining room, and all the way to the basement. Thank God I was home to scream and turn off the Water main. So after the plumber for 560 dollars and the clean up crew, Oh we have raw sewage in the basement. Lovely! All fixable. Thanks God for homeowner's insurance. They will pay everything over $500, also it was really good that I was home. Otherwise the damage would have been much greater.

Hope all of you are looking forward to the weekend. We are celebrating my son's birthday on Saturday with a movie and sushi.

Smiles,

Michelle

Oh Dynamo! Thank goodness you were home or you could have come home to TONS o' fun!!

We're all dying to know how your date went!!!

Hi Everyone,

Had Mt. Vesuvius in my son's bathroom, that flooded the dining room, and all the way to the basement. Thank God I was home to scream and turn off the Water main. So after the plumber for 560 dollars and the clean up crew, Oh we have raw sewage in the basement. Lovely! All fixable. Thanks God for homeowner's insurance. They will pay everything over $500, also it was really good that I was home. Otherwise the damage would have been much greater.

Hope all of you are looking forward to the weekend. We are celebrating my son's birthday on Saturday with a movie and sushi.

Smiles,

Michelle

Michelle here's to thinking of you...

0o89uij.jpg

and to your son...wishing him...

happybday5.gif

Happy Saturday everyone.

Posting these great thoughts on friendship:

FRIENDSHIP ~

The ideal friendship is between good people,

and people who share the same virtues.

Leading a good life for the sake of friends,

is the utmost of friendship itself.

Aristotle

When I first came into recovery I had no

idea how to be a friend. I had thought

that people liked me because of what I

"did" for them, what I gave them, how

nice I was to them. It never ever

occurred to me that being a friend could

mean taking care of myself ... holding

fast to my program regardless ... being

gently honest to others in all things

... being loyal to my group ... being

true to my program and to myself. But

the part that escaped me the most was

that there were those who counted me as

a friend just because I am.

ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I will be a friend by being loyal to

myself, my program and my ideals.

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~

~ SELF-KNOWLEDGE ~

"The world we have created is a product

of our thinking. It cannot be changed

without changing our thinking."

Albert Einstein

The world I created before finding the

Twelve Steps of recovery was a world in

which I had no

responsibility. Everything bad in my

life was someone else’s fault: my

parents’, my husband’s, society’s, and,

when there was no one else to blame, it

was God’s fault.

As I worked Step 4, I learned that I had

been a part of all of these things for

which I blamed others. I learned that I

had defects of character that kept me

from taking part in my life. As I

recognized these defects, I asked my

Higher Power to remove them, and that

gradually happened.

One of the things I had tried to do for

many years was bury my feelings of grief

and pain. I seemed to have managed that

fairly well, but in doing so, I had also

buried all the other emotion. I no

longer took enjoyment in anything. My

child’s smile evoked no feeling and I

felt no pride in anything I did. I felt

none of the love that others gave to

me. As I started dealing with the

painful feelings, the positive emotions

emerged as well.

The promise the Big Book speaks of

became true for me: I no longer

regretted the past nor wished to shut

the door on it. I was able to feel my

hurt and grief. Now I am also able to

feel love and happiness. I have learned

how to change my thinking through the

process of working these wonderful

Steps.

.......................................................................................