Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Marcy~ LMAO over the low toilet comment. wink.gif I totally GET that. We remodeled our old bathroom in Milwaukee and got one of those chair height toilets. That thing was wonderful! silly.gif Never thought I would miss a toilet.

Viri~ My surgery is also on a Thursday at 1pm. I am leaving on a Sunday (but we are visiting family in town). If we weren't doing the family thing I would probably have scheduled Saturday. give yourself the extra time.

Bahot~ So glad you are feeling well! Congrats on making it to the other side and starting your new journey!

Brandy~ Awesome job on inching closer to ONEderland. That is such a far away dream of mine; I can't imagine your excitement! Way to go! happy.gif

Well I mailed off my check yesterday, so I guess I am done with the second guessing myself. I am more excited now than freaked, relieved my emotions seem to have settled a bit. Hopefully it will stay that way!

I also had the pleasure of meeting Miss Mona last night. She and her husband were both a delight and it was plain eerie how much in common we have. I am relieved to have found an ally fairly close to home! She looks great and you would never know she just spent 5 days in the hospital!

You are an incredible woman and beautiful too. You and your husband were great as well. It is strange how we had so much in common. I can't wait to get together again.

I hope you post the photo we took soon so we can have something to reference a year from now.

viridescence: You're welcome, if you stay there, I am sure you will be pleased. By the way, I would suggest asking for a room WITHOUT the sleep number bed. they are NOT fat friendly:D I had my room changed the first night and the regular bed was great.

Tied2BFit: I am feeling much better now, thanks so much for asking.

Sunshine08: Welcome! I had my sugery at Crown Point and everyone was great. The nurse that normally takes care of Dr. K's patients is excellent. As far as losing weight, I have already lost 40 pounds and I had my surgery on Dec 13, 2007, you WILL lose weight, unless you consider cheesecake and french fries full liquids. (I won't even go there, but when you are addicted to carbs, it is amazing what you can fit through a straw! LOL, JK.) The best to you on your surgery.

bahotmomma: I am so glad your surgery went well, every day the pain is better. Pretty soon you will be playing volleyball with your daughter.

Red Robin List (copy and past)

Going to be there:

Dynamo (Michelle)

Tied2BFit (Dee)

Mal

Marilyn (I HOPE)

Well I can't seem to beat this bug. between the chest cold and tummy upset, I am worn out and cranky. I have been staying home from work I feel so weak. I know it will get better, but I am ready. Water and food still taste funny. everything beside liquids pb's. So since I am such a mess and did I mention CRANKY, I haven't posted.

However, Dee, You can do IT!!!!!!! I thought the waiting would never end and now you have had to do it several times. I am really impressed with you girl. Hope I can come to RR and give you encouragement. You are so sweet, awesome, pretty and such a great all around person. So kick that depression right back where it belongs. "This too will pass"

You go girl!!!

Dyna - where did you put those good things to eat, I want them and you only live a couple of miles, i will eat them for you and save you from temptation. that is what good band buddies do for each other, RIGHT!!!!

So bring it on, nothing much stays down so I should be able to eat and return with no weight gain.

I think I am loopy, maybe aother Protein Shake, then bed.

Hi Sunshine~

WELCOME!!!! I am Brandy (obviously and a mom to 4). I had my surgery with Dr. K, on 12/12. I am down 23.4 pounds as of this morning! So I know I am doing something right, even not eating as much has been helping.

I had my surgery in Aurora, so no help there.

I will share my story in that it was a much harder recovery than I had anticipated. I was very sore for about 5-6 days, and I was taking my pain meds that whole time. It seemed about day 10 that I was feeling pretty good and by week 3, I feel 100% normal! I don't know if it was harder because of having my kids and back to my routine by that Monday, but it was a sore recovery!

Welcome! Everyone here is great!!

Brandy

Denise,

Thanks for the reply.

What does your soreness feel like -

You did sit ups? Burning, Throbbing pain? I am so incredibly nervous I can't believe it. I have barely eaten on my preop diet because I cannot think of ANYTHING else but wednesday.

If your kids are younger - are you able to pick them up yet?

Thats one thing I am worried about -

I will not have to lift my 2 year old son who is about 35 pounds for a week - but when I go to back to work after that, I will have to get him ready in the morning and such.

thanks!

Sunshine,

I'm sore like I did situps or worked out a little to hard. It hasn't been to bad and I noticed once I started walking around it got better. I'm even going to do a little on the treadmill today. My kids are 15 and 8 so no picking them up. I will keep you updated my progress. Where do you live, are you traveling far?

I started the full liquid diet this am and it seems to be going well. I did have a little nausea yesterday, but Dr.K called in a new prescription for me for a melt away tablet that worked great. I talked to him in the afternoon abt it and he said he might switch to using that instead of the yuckie suppositories. I hate those and the tablet seemed to work better for me away.

Got on the scale and so far have lost 12 lbs since starting the pre-op diet. I can't believe that if I lose 1 more pound I'll be under 200. God what a great feeling.

My husband went back to work this morning for the first time since my banding and has already called 2x's to check on me. He has been so great getting my Jello, popsicles and Soups everyday and just plain taking care of me. He even did the laundry.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend...

I just read this and thought you'd find it interesting!

January 6, 2008

FRom "The AGE" - Fairfax, Australia

Jason Dowling

OBESE people as young as 14 would get free weight-reduction surgery under a radical Australian Medical Association proposal to tackle the obesity crisis.

The Opposition and health groups have backed the scheme for publicly funded weight loss surgery, which was proposed by the association in a submission to the State Government.

The most common weight-reduction operation is lap-band surgery, in which a band is placed around the stomach to constrict it and reduce hunger.

Entire article:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/free-surgery-plan-to- fight-obesity/2008/01/05/1198950131112.html?s_cid=rss_news

Bahot: glad you are doing well! :eek: Your husband sounds like a doll. :) Mine already does the laundry so I guess it will be same ole same ole at our house once I get banded. hee hee.

Bahot: glad you are doing well! :) Your husband sounds like a doll. :Banane20: Mine already does the laundry so I guess it will be same ole same ole at our house once I get banded. hee hee.

L.A.: Sounds like you are pretty lucky as well. Are you getting excited? I still am, even though I can't believe I actually did it. :eek:

Denise,

I live in Littleton, CO - So, I am not traveling far at all, thanks goodness. My husband is off for a week, and then i go back to my office job after that - So, I am really hoping that I will be o.k. I also am NOT telling coworkers - So, I hope to not be in such obvious pain that people ask whats wrong :/

thanks again for your input

Red Robin List (copy and past)

Going to be there:

Dynamo (Michelle)

Tied2BFit (Dee)

Mal

Marilyn (I HOPE)

Hi Everyone,

It was my birthday today. Yeah! I haven't felt this good for the last 10 years. So I know that this year will be wonderful. My family got together for dinner at Thai Basil, nice restaurant. Nice to see my boys growing up. My mom is still kicking at almost 83, so there are some good genes there.

So, happy Saturday evening. Hope to see many people at Red Robin on Thursday night.

Michelle

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!!

:eek::(

Thai Basil,my Chris' friends family owns that restaraunt. I have'nt eaten there, but my Chris has and he loves it! Did you shop after dinner?

HERE I AM!!!

How did everyone do during the holidaze? Ask me if I pigged out...go ahead..ask. NOOOO!

Because??? I CAN'T!! hahahahha. LOVE IT.

Sounds like you have found your sweetspot! Good for you!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

I now begin the phase I hate. Excercise. Yeah. It starts Monday. It pains me to excercise but I will lose twice as fast if I do. I can almost put money on it.

Shout out to my girls!!! Heyyyyy.

It won't be long before you are posting how much you love to excercise! I wish I had more time to excercise. I have been contemplating waking up earlier to hit the gym (boobookitty's inspiration), I just can't get myself to do it...yet!

Nice to hear from you.

Sunshine, As of this morning (4 days post-op) I am not in too much pain. If anything you could pass it off as craps. But I think if you take a week off you will be fine.

I have moved on to the mushie phase of my post op diet does anyone have any good suggestions on what to eat? I hit the treadmill yesterday for a whole 5 minutes, hopefully I can up it to 10 today (we'll see).:)