Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Howdy!

Dynamo~ Yes, I was much better yesterday, but of course, my oldest son got it yesterday morning. :) Oh my. Started 5am! My littlest goes to bed, wants to left alone until it over (like me). My oldest needs to be coddled, loved and catered too (like my hubby!). It was a long day yesterday, but he's much better today. Yay! Ya, I had my flu shot....on my three day stint at my "job".(healthcare job! haha!)

Mare~hope your doing better!

Mona! Oh my! :( I'm so sorry to hear about your complication. I really hope you are feeling better. Don't worry about your bills...they must accept payments. Even if its $50 at a time. All you have to do is call the billers, as they come in, and tell them that's all you can do. That's the least of your worries...just get better!

Mal~ :pound::rofl:Man how I loved to TP a cute guys house when I was in school!

bahot~just a few more days!!!!! Woo hoo!

Viri~don't be sad. There is no "last" anything. Thats how I was thinking before my surgery. And, just think about the gift you are giving yourself...you're going to change your future and your health! Not many can say they are giving themselves that for Christmas!!:( Just pat yourself on the back during all their unthoughtfulness and keep in your mind..."If you only knew!" :clap2:

Tied2bfit~ Woo hoo! Is it 30 more days? Its okay to be excited! I've spent my whole life "trying to not get my hopes up". Its a waste and being excited is fun! Do a little happy dance!:whoo:

Have a really Happy New Year, all my friends! I'll be quietly spending it at home, with my little guys and hubby (we can be a little boring that way) finishing off all the uncomfortable endings of this virus! Be safe and good to each other!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Mona: I am so sorry to hear about your complications! :) :cry I was wondering why you haven't posted and was hoping it was just because of the holidays.

Hopefully insurance will cover your complications because it was an emergency. *crossing fingers* for you.

Viri: I am very fortunate she is offering to loan me the funds. I wish she were paying for it outright... but I would probably die of shock if that happened!

:faint:

LA The problem was that it wasn't able to get out. I would have loved to vomit, yes that is good. However, the band blocked the vomit from getting to my mouth. Incredible pain and retching, but it was no able to get out.

That's what I meant. If the band blocks it... then we are stuck taking anti nausea meds to prevent it. So how does that harm us in the long run?

I hope you didn't take my post as being negative towards you, that wasn't my intent. I am just thinking out loud and trying to figure out any and all complications that I may have after the surgery. I go back and forth between freaking out and being 100% on board. :)

Mona: What a way to spend the holidays! I'm glad you're on the mend.

LA: It's totally awesome that your mom's helping with the surgery! My parents (who are loaded), cry poor all the time and that they just can't help! I know mom's not too supportive over the whole surgery thing because she's had complications with a hernia surgery and thought that I would too...she also this that I'll fail at this too...since she wasn't able to keep off the Adkins lbs. she lost...we're clones you see.

OK - TMI coming up, but need help. Got my tubes tied with my last kid and since then I have two added problems: I crave chocolate a week before my period (I don't normally like the stuff) and my blood flow is more than it's ever been. So, after sleeping through this past week I realized last night that I'm low on iron! No wonder since I can't eat meat and usually I just have a steak or two during "that week" and that keeps me going. Any suggestions on getting my Iron up? I'd like to start working out, but can't get out of bed! Ahhhh!

It's getting cold here...almost zero today...thank heavens we have a Rec Center!

Happy New Year everyone!:whoo::clap2:

May we all be blessed with:

-small numbers on our scale and big numbers in our wallets:D

-small sizes in our waists/butt/thighs;)

-big smiles from old friends:biggrin1:

-big outlook on our new lives:rolleyes:

Dynamo~

OMG...I LOVED your message! Thank you sooo much. I tried to call you back during "nap time" (that is my only free time to use the phone), but I didn't get a chance. Ya see, I can be on the computer and I have no problem with the kiddos, but once I try to get on the phone, they go crazy!! Anyway...I love you for the phone call and I am blessed to have a friend like you!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Oh, yeah, no gym today for me...working till 5:00, taking son to work at 5:30, other son to girlfriends house to Celebrate New Years and then off to a New Years Celebration (not looking forward to that one...would rather go to the gym), then picking up son from work at 10, back to the party, then picking other son up and probably driving half of the people home from the other party...YIPEEEE!

anywhooo~you are GREAT and I thank you again for the pick me up call...I LOVE IT!!!!

Mal! You're a wonderful person to help people get home safely...everyone should have a friend like you! You be safe too! Watch out for the other one's not as smart/safe/loving/considerate/etc!!!!!! as you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Marcy~ How about a nice, frothy, brown, LIVER shake? ??!!!! :mad::omg::biggrin1::):hungry::scared:

(disclaimer: don't read the above message after a full New Years Eve of cocktails!)

Marcy: ZERO? Oye! So glad I am no longer up north. I couldn't stand the cold. Loving this 60-70 degree weather in AZ :mad:

Do they make Iron supplements? Something chewable that isn't nasty, or powder that can be mixed into a shake? good luck with getting your iron up. :scared:

Just popping in to say:

Happy New Year!!!

May the new year, 2008 bring you many blessings, peace, good health and a great weight loss....

Marcy: ZERO? Oye! So glad I am no longer up north. I couldn't stand the cold. Loving this 60-70 degree weather in AZ :)

Do they make Iron supplements? Something chewable that isn't nasty, or powder that can be mixed into a shake? good luck with getting your iron up. :mad:

LA,

It is just not fair to boast of your balmy weather to those of us who are suffering through the freezing cold and inches upon inches of snow....Sigh...I want to move!!:scared:

Happy New Years everyone!!

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

LA,

It is just not fair to boast of your balmy weather to those of us who are suffering through the freezing cold and inches upon inches of snow....Sigh...I want to move!!:party:

I lived in WI for 30 years... minus the 4 years I lived in MN for college. :party: I have been in AZ for a little over a year. BEST move I ever made. Soon to second best after lapband though... :party:

So yeah, I am gonna boast ALL I want!! Tee hee! *muah*

QUESTION: Does everyone here sick to the Protein Drink between meals the Dr.K and Paula suggest/require? I have seen a lot of debate over tis issue.

Happy NEW YEAR Everyone! :)

I lived in WI for 30 years... minus the 4 years I lived in MN for college. :party: I have been in AZ for a little over a year. BEST move I ever made. Soon to second best after lapband though... :party:

So yeah, I am gonna boast ALL I want!! Tee hee! *muah*

QUESTION: Does everyone here sick to the Protein drink between meals the Dr.K and Paula suggest/require? I have seen a lot of debate over tis issue.

Happy NEW YEAR Everyone! :party:

Ok, I'll grant that you have gloating rights if you lived in WI and MN both! I live in IL and I hate MN-I have a friend that always wants me to move up there...nope, not going to happen!! Although I am told I already have the MN accent...people ask me all the time if I am from there. As for your question, I do not drink the Protein Drinks I am supposed to drink, because I basically cannot tolerate any of them except for the clear Isopure. And I am getting so I cannot tolerate that either. I don't know what my problem is, they just do not agree with me. So I try to eat my protein instead.

I LOVE the Atkins Advantge shakes, chocolate yummm!!

Woof~Thanks for the kind words, I had a great evening and got my friends and family home safely.

Here we go...a new year, a new life!!!