Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mal - I hope that means a trip to the gym today or tomorrow. Hugs cutie!

Happy New Year!

Did well last night and brunching today. I don't know but the food isn't calling me like it was. It really seems to be a carb thing that triggers it.

Happiest Year Ever!

Michelle

I'm so excited! Andrew just got home from hunting today....he got his first moose! He was only out less than 2 hrs with his friend and they spotted a smaller one and while catching up to it they saw this one...we measured the antlers and they were 66 1/2 inches! (That's BIG for those of you who don't understand the lingo.) We figure we'll get about 600 lbs. of meat from him! WAHOO!

:whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2:

post-219385-1381313617291_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813136173102_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813136173281_thumb.jpg

Hey, Marcy! Yay! That sounds like that much meat will feed you all fine! When you get it all portioned and frozen, send me a couple pounds of that ground moose...I'd love to see what it's like! (I'm sure it doesn't taste like chicken!) Make it fill in your Iron stores....can you make a shake out of it? (heehee! just kidden!)

Nicnaknut~Happy New Year to you too! I bet Arizona is warmer than here! (but I wouldn't go back for anything!:))

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone on this thread and thank you all for the well wishes. I feel really good today, almost as good as before surgery.

I sure wish someone would have warned me about all the gassy explosions! :heh: My stomach sounds like a washing machine about an hour after I eat and then all of a sudden............. KAPOW.....KAPOW.....KAPOW.....KAPOWPOWPOW! If I could filter all this gas into my gas tank, we would never have to buy gas again, LOL.:) I think I may try it tomorrow, I will just back right up to the tank and fill-er-up.

Does anyone else experience this musical phenomenon?

Dynamo~The gym is deffinatly back in my life, starting today, I will return!!

Woof~Did you join your gym yet?

bahot~tomorrow is your big day, what a great way to start the new year!

Mona~Happy to hear that you are feeling better (except for the gas). My gas tends to come out in burbs, and I burb A LOT!

Woofay... ewww Moose shakes. Blech! lol... think I lost my appetite. :)

Well gang I get to update my weight! I am now done 16lbs from my all time high! Woo hoo. I am confident the majority of it is from this pre-surgery diet. So glad I started it early.

I have been eating between 900-1100 calories a day with NO bread, Pasta, rice or potatoes. i am sure I would have cracked by now if it wasn't for worrying about shrinking my liver enough! :)

Happy New Year!!!!

I am so excited that we will all be meeting our goals this year!!! :clap2::clap2:

Mona~ HOW SCARY for you, I am glad to hear that your doing much better...my dd almost died last year, it is worth every penny that I am paying to have her fine and ok.

Good luck to bahot, hope everything goes ok and without a hitch!

Brandy

LA~Congrats on the loss, you are doing great! Keep it up! Shrink that liver.

Mona~ HOW SCARY for you, I am glad to hear that your doing much better...my dd almost died last year, it is worth every penny that I am paying to have her fine and ok.

Brandy,

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, but glad to know she is ok now. What happened? Was it a similar issue as to what happened to me?

Hi all,

It's been awhile, but the holidays were crazy... especially when trying to integrate a new baby into the family while your older kiddo is in the throes of the terrible two's (can you say multiple daily tantrums)...

Well, I guess technically x-mas ends the 6th, but for me, its over! Thank goodness...my scale barely moved from Thanksgiving to New Year's... but now that I am done being evil and eating what I want (and I loved it I might add and was willing to pay the price of a slow scale), I am back to working my band again... this morning it finally dropped 3 more pounds... about time! :)

I am currently trying to decide if I need a third fill or not. I still cannot eat Breakfast without PBing most mornings (I do slimfast low carb shakes -- more Protein and less fat than the high Protein Shakes they make), lunch is usually okay and dinner is good... I am thinking that maybe now that the holiday food fest is over, I'll see how the scale moves along and use that to gauge whether I need a fill or not...

My question for the more experienced bandsters out there: What is a good weight loss weekly with the band? Does 1-3 pounds a week seem right? I mean I am now almost 4 months post-surgery so I do expect a slow down (and I think I may need to consider exercising soon --yuck -- which so far I have avoided... besides I lug a 2.5 year old and 10 month old around daily that should count)....

Tina (waiting for the TERRIBLE TWO's to end)

L.A., congratulations on your weight loss! I know going without those carbs is difficult, but you just have to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think I'm going to start the pre-op diet early too, you have inspired me. I'm supposed to start it on 2/4 but I think I'll start it at the end of January. Must shrink that liver!

Marcy, hurray for all of that Protein but I can't help feeling sad about the moose. I used to be a vegetarian, I guess I still have that bit of bleedin' heart.

Mona, I hope that you're doing better!

I just had my phone consult with Dr. K about an hour ago. He was so great to talk to -- answered all of my questions, listened to my concerns -- more than other doctors that I have dealt with. It was probably obvious that I'm just about as informed as I can be about this thing, now I'm ready to DO it!

I did ask him about Fill Centers USA since there is one an hour from my house. He said his patients had "spotty" experiences with them. And he will take care of complications such as if he punctured the tubing during a fill, whereas a fill center would not. The set-up and fill fees at the Fill Centers aren't really less expensive than flying back to see Dr. K, since he charges so little for fills.

I am not sure yet if I'll fly back for every fill but I do think I will do it for at least the first fill. I would still like to find a local doc or a place I can go that I feel comfortable with if I do have a complication. For you other out-of-towners, what has been your experience? I see some people who have local fill docs.

OK, so I FINALLY excersized today...an actual class...it was something like "strength and tone" or some silly title...well, I feel weak and wobbly! I can barely make it up stairs and I almost fell getting into my friend's house! 'Bout dropped my daughter! Too funny, guess I'll just have to go back and do it again!C'mon, Anita, if I can do it, so can you!

Hey Marcy.... Congratulations on the moose... My DH used to hunt for elk and we always had some good meat in the freezer, so I understand your excitement... It is great protein....:hungry:

Woofay..... Yes, it is a little warmer here in Arizona, but not as warm as I had hoped... It only gets into the 60's here during the day and the wind has been blowing and keeping it cool... I haven't been able to wear my shorts yet.... :angry

I am flying back for my very much needed second fill on the 10th and have an appointment with Dr K on Friday the 11th at 11:45 am... I would love to meet anyone that may be in Dr K's office around that time....

The 12th is my granddaughter's birthday and will spend the weekend with my daughter and then I will fly back out on Monday the 14th.

Hope everyone had happy holidays....

Yeah Marcy on the exercise! That rocks! Feels good doesn't it.

I decided to walk to my mailbox today! ha ha. Pathetic really since it is at the end of the block. silly.gif So I upped the anty and went on a 1 mile hike with my mom and my sister at a local National Park. Kicked my butt!! boxing.gifBut I did it! happy.gif

I was feeling so motivated I decided to buy a year pass for the parks so hubby and I can go hiking a few times a week.