Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi friends!!

Shout out again to LA from the other thread. Great to meet you here.

Mal! Darlin! Howrya?? The walk went great. I took big Ed, my dog. He loves me. We walked for 12 minutes and the weather was just fine. I'm getting ready to go for another walk around the cul-de-sac just to MOVE today.

I am sooo psyched! I lost what I had gained during Christmas and then some. Getting ready to start my ticker again. Now it is becoming about the numbers.

My 25th anniversary is in May, I want to be in my 270's by then. It will be over one year and by then 100 pounds if I hit that goal. YEEEAH!

I'm in my twenties..as in 320's. Now for someone who weighed 379 you can imagine how good this is looking.

I'm tellin' ya'll I am at the sweet spot for sure. PERFECT restriction.

Happy days ahead. Here we all go down!

I find myself grazing all day because I just can't get enough of a meal in at a time. Then I resort to the bad things, like chocolates and Cookies, cuz they are easy and I know they stay down.:rolleyes: This probably doesn't make any sense, does it? I left it too tight on purpose all through the holidays because I know me and it's a big time for me to eat and gain weight. Now it's just time to eat better and that means being able to eat some meats! (I miss meats) WHERE'S THE BEEF! or chicken or any animal protein...

Anita - TOTALLY makes sense to me! I'm still having trouble with the protein...I drink my shakes and can eat fish with no problem, but I miss chicken, and steak! I'm worried that if I get a fill (which I need because my portions of easy to eat stuff are too large and I'm not losing weight) that I'll lose the fish! We just got that monstrous moose and I've been able to eat moose (ground anyway), but I'm afraid of losing that too! What to do?! What to do?!:)

Well....I officially started my own "pre, pre-opt" diet the first of the year. My goal is to loose at least 30 lbs before my surgery date. I figure the actual pre-opt diet will knock off about 10. So far, on my own, I have dropped 13 lbs as of today!! Woooohooo!! I feel as if I'm getting a kick start on my weight loss.

Hope everyone is well.

Ami - Things will go fine for you if you're able to stick to your pre-pre-op diet! :biggrin1: I, too, started a little early and was able to lose 14 lbs. before the surgery...sorry to say that the 35 lbs. I've lost INCLUDES that 14 lbs., but it's still a loss and I haven't gained any back. Fills are a major issue for me so I didn't expect to lose as quickly as everyone else. Sounds like you'll do fine though. Just remember that the time after the surgery (before your first fill) is for RECOVERY...take it easy on yourself and don't worry about the scale...it really starts to happen when you get filled! Perfect timing...looks like you'll have a FANTASTIC summer!:whoo:

I've got my magic card here that Natalie gave me last visit. I'm reposting it.

Give her a call and bounce your eating situation off her. Ask what she thinks. I found her to really be resourceful (and a tad bit more helpful than the nutritionist) I think because she has been there, walked our walk, she knows. Having her talk to me about the sweet spot and what good restriction SHOULD feel like really helped.

Here is the information again:

Get into the Lap-Band GREEN ZONE

:phanvanADD Fluid if you are:

Hungry (often)

Big Meals (can eat)

Looking for food ( always looking for food/noshing)

:rolleyes: Optimal Zone GREEN:whoo:

Early and prolonged satiety

Small meals satisfy

Satisfactory weight loss or maintenance

:cry REDUCE FLUID

Difficulty swallowing

Reflux-heartburn

Night cough

Regurgitation (PB)

Poor eating habits

Natalie has small cards that fit in your purse or wallet/planner. Ask for one.

Lap - You know, I'd never guess you were 48! Haha! I have this teacher for my workout class that's something like 26 and she looks like she's almost in her 40's (I believe there's a thing like "too fit")! What's wrong with people now that they have to over-do the excersize thing? I think it makes women look strange. Another reason why my goal weight is 180 and not 140! Not that I'm getting to 180 all that fast.....

I think you'll meet your goal, congrats on losing thc Christmas weight! I can't seem to get the scale moving - in EITHER direction! Strange! I'm happy it's not going up though...I started the workouts though and things are looking up...ok, not really, haven't done it enough, but I'm hopeful! Haha!

Lap - You know, I'd never guess you were 48! Haha! I have this teacher for my workout class that's something like 26 and she looks like she's almost in her 40's (I believe there's a thing like "too fit")! What's wrong with people now that they have to over-do the excersize thing? I think it makes women look strange. Another reason why my goal weight is 180 and not 140! Not that I'm getting to 180 all that fast.....

I think you'll meet your goal, congrats on losing thc Christmas weight! I can't seem to get the scale moving - in EITHER direction! Strange! I'm happy it's not going up though...I started the workouts though and things are looking up...ok, not really, haven't done it enough, but I'm hopeful! Haha!

Oh Marcy muah.gif

Thanks for that compliment!!!!!! I feel better than I did at 38 and most people think I'm about 35 (around there). Age has never been an issue with me, I'm like ..:rolleyes:whatever

I went through this slump the first few weeks of December. People at work, people who are customers of our family business...sending loads of candy and Cookies. chocolate melts! Yeah. But the good thing is my tastebuds have changed. I could care less if I had chocolate..any old chocolate because the cheap stuff tastes like wax but LINDT..oh my my. That stuff makes my toes curl. So I had a bit more of sweets than I should have. The scale stuck. Wouldn't move. Then by Christmas eve. it edged up one pound and by New Year's Day I was up four pounds.

*something about facing that scale that has accountability*

And I kept my promise to myself I would excercise. I know from Michelle and others on here who have said that excercise is a must to the weight loss. I agree. And I hate to excercise.

Anywho...

Anyone checked out Dr. K's new page in the tab bar on his website? They've added some stuff there. Check it out ( I started a thread on it)

Patty

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!! Sorry I missed it, I haven't been online in a bit. Hope you had a great birthday!

LA- great pic of you and Miss Mona!!

Lap-isn't it great when people think you're younger than you are? I hated it when I was younger, and back then my mom said I would appreciate it, and I didn't believe her. Now when people tell me they think I am only 23 or 24 I love it! Once a patient asked me "Are you even old enough to be a nurse?" I think I was 30 when they said that!

Woofay-what's up with you? How's life treating you?

Hope everyone is healthy and happy!

Lap!!! You're doing great with that band! I haven't seen the 2's on my scale for a long time! I can't wait!!!

Michelle - I'll be at RR - I invited John, but he's oncall for work so he might not make it.

Mal, Anita, Marilyn - Ladies, I'm going to need big time encouragement! I'm starting to get stressed AND having my fears that this thing isn't going to happen for me! I need to make some calls and see where everything stands! My schedule at work has been altered and if I need to go back on it again, they are going to kill me! :omg:Esp. this one nurse who has changed her life to pic up some of my hours! I'm afraid of her! She could easily kick my butt! If I have to change my hours again, I'm going to have to hide!:help:

Aren't you all glad the holidays are over? I am! I really hate Christmas music! Nowadays it starts the day after halloween! ARGH!

See you at Red Robins!:hungry:

Love,

dee~

Howdy!

Well, I got an appointment for the 18th...yay. Its a ways off, but I guess he's rather booked and I've gone this long its not truly "emergent". I'm counting the days though! I tried the chicken from a chicken burito last night, (I make the best!) and, well, it was a mistake. I swear, I am so close to chewing and spitting out....eeeeeeeeeeeew! Nasty! (seems like the faster step though!) :)

Man, it has really started snowing right now! I just shoveled all the snow yesterday...rats. And its a sticken! Guess I'll be shoveling again tomorrow! (yes...its aerobic....good for me, right? Blah!:speechles)

I have some other news, girls, that I would love to share! I usually order my clothes through "Woman Within" (or the old Lane Bryant catalog) I have been soooo looking forward to my order coming, cuz, well, nothing fits me and I wanted to wear something Thursday night that actually fit. So, the order came yesterday! Yay! I used to order a 3X for shirts and a 26-28 for my britches. So, I ordered a XL for my shirts this time and an 18 for my britches. The britches fit fine. But...the shirts are all too big! I had to send them back today to exchange them for a regular L!!!!! OMG! I realize they run large with that company...but OMG! I haven't worn that since right after high school. So, needless to say, I still have no shirts that fit for Thursday night. I also bought the most beautiful coat...but I had to send that back too. Oh well...you'll see me in appropriate clothing in Feb!

Thanks for listening...my hubby doesn't get as excited about something like this as I think he should! hahahaha!

Have a great day all...hope I can get up there tomorrow night! Its supposed to be fine tomorrow...but you know how accurate they are in forecasting!

Dee~ I guess I won't tell you that I am still listening to my Christmas CD from Josh Groban....heehee! (Ya, it came out the 9th of Oct...oh my I need to put it away!)

Munchkin~ I'm doing pretty good! Thanks for asking! How are you? Gonna hafta keep us updated more often! ;-)

Marcy~ here's to hoping you can still eat your meat after your fill. Doesn't that sound funny?? Hopefully I can again after I get about .2cc out..I remember Taynah saying it really helped her. (fingers crossed)

Lap Dancer~ You look maaaahvalous Daahling!

Red Robin List (copy and paste) Anyone Else????

Going to be there: Thursday January 10th 7 pm

Dynamo (Michelle)

Tied2BFit (Dee)

Mal

Marilyn (I HOPE)

Woofay (weather ???)

Woofay - congrats on the clothes gratification! Perhaps regular stores are soon in your future!!!! The snow started and stopped here too. I am already tired of the white stuff.

Munchkin - thanks for the BD wish, I feel better than I have in the last 10 years so it was great to Celebrate.< /span>

Lap - you are doing really well sweetie. Good for you. I am so glad that you feel in charge of your life now. If we aren't then who is steering?

Hugs to all and hope to see lots of you tomorrow night.

Michelle

Well work is again stressful. My manager thinks he is so funny with his putdowns etc. Anyway another day, another dollar.

However, I have been very tight since my last fill. I loved being tight and lost weight etc. But it took time to do everything very slowly including drinking. Well I have tightened even more with stress from going back to work. I called and I am having an unfill tomorrow am. I had to take off work but I took the appointment. I am sitting here having trouble getting down Protein Shakes. I know it is too tight, but I am so afraid that it will then be too loose. I know I can always add, but do some of you get tired of constantly being concerned about your band and whether you are going to BP.

Marilyn

Anita~ that is so awesome!!! Way to go on the NSV!!!! :D:)

Well ladies I started the Couch to 5K program today. I am siked! I did 1.2 miles today. Half walking, half jogging. I was pooped when I came home. lol

:cheer2:To help really motivate myself, I registered for the Run Down Crime 5K they are holding in Tucson for the Tucson Police Association. :thumb:

The run is in September so I have LOTS of time to get ready! This is my main exercise goal for the year. I MUST do this! No failing allowed. :biggrin1:

Marilyn~ I am so with you! I thought I was aggravated by getting full sooner than I wanted to...nothing is more annoying than taking just ONE bite of something and realizing right then and there its coming back. That's why I'm getting some out too. How did you get in so soon??? I took my little guy to Wendy's today. I'm usually okay with their chili...ooo sooo good! But today was another story. Right there in Wendy's. Crap. That's how I know I need to change this. Its my fault for going this long...I know that. I was sooo scared of the holidays and how I usually eat during that time. All the good food and stress to boot just make me pig out for about 6 weeks straight. Today is a new day! heheehe! You know, I am a Water sipper during the night, and right now I can't do it. I have to sit up for a while for it to go through. Its time to loosen it. I wonder too if there will be a time that we don't constantly think about the band or what we eat. Hmmmmmm. Try and have a good night...will we see you tomorrow?

Thanks to everyone for the "Smaller Clothes Cheers!" Yay! :D

LA~ I'm really cheering you on with that 5k. Mal does stuff like that too...she has huge stamina. Maybe someday I will? Congrats on your walk/run today! :clap2: