Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Everything looks really dry and brown right now since it is January... but the view at the top was worth it! :D

Marcy! You're my inspiration....and I guess your right...I can do it. (exercise that is :D) That's so great that you did an actual class. My hubby is off Friday, so I guess I'll go over and see what new years specials they are running to sucker poor fatties like me in there....Doh! Did I say that? HAHAHAHA! I saw a sign the other day going by curves and it looks like they are running some good specials too. I wish curves was a little closer to my home.

Nicnaknut~ I think the 10th is our RR night...do you think you'd be able to make it????:hungry:

Have a great nite all!

Woofay.... I would love to come to the RR night on the 10th, however my plane isn't scheduled to land until 6:58 pm, so I won't be able to.... Next time I will have to plan a little better and maybe give an extra day so I can get there.... The RR nights are always fun and it's nice to be with friends...

Hi Everyone,

Well pride goeth before the fall, I did great, even at Olive Garden today and then came home and my son left 9 oreos out on the table. I ate them all and just got the calorie cound on Calorie King, they are 160 a piece. Blew it!!!!

I had a quick trip to the springs today to see my other sonnie boy. He is fine. We went to see Juno, a great flick.

Red Robin the 10th?? Is everyone in. Add your name and copy/paste to your text message.

Going to be there:

Dynamo (Michelle)

Red Robin List (copy and past)

Going to be there:

Dynamo (Michelle)

Tied2BFit (Dee)

Hey guys!!!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I've been struggling with some depression. I'm so afraid this banding is never going to happen. I'm trying hard to not think negatively about it, but it's so difficult with what happened previously.

So far I haven't gained any of the last pre-op weight loss back, but I haven't lost anymore either. I start my pre-op on the 15th of January. Maybe things will feel more real then.

Mona, I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I was worried about you when we didn't hear back from you once you got home. Don't worry about the bills. Just be honest with them and do what you can.

Munchkin, When are you going to get your first fill?

LA, I'm so envious! I wish I lived in AZ. I am so tired of being cold. BURRRR! Congrats on your hiking! You're so cute!

Marcy, You have the 'coolest' life! (pun intended!)

Anita, I hope your tummy is back to normal.

Nicnaknut, 60 degress sounds wonderful to me! Sorry you can't join us at Red Robin!

Viridescence. Dr. K is very personable. He is very sincere with his concern for his patients. I think it makes him very sweet.

Tina, I agree with you about the Slim-fast. The Low Carb has higher Protein, lower carbs and I think tastes better. I heard 1-2 lbs a week is optimal. Approximately 52-104 lbs a year.

Brandymom, How are you feeling?

I met a lady today who is looking for a place to be banded. I hope I've talked her into calling Dr. K's office. I think she'll love his approach!

Kidlings, I'll be off to bed now!

Hugs and Happy Snappy New Year to you all!

dee~

Dynamo,

I know what you mean about the Oreos. Isn't it odd how we can be so good and then something appears and we just lose control?

The other day that happened to me at work. I was so good ALL day long, Breakfast and lunch, healthy Protein, no carbs, and steamed veggies. Then I got home, I was starving and ended up eating some Famous Amos Choc Chip Cookies with Pecans. I didn't even look at the calorie count.

I hate when I do that!!!

dee~

Red Robin List (copy and past)

Going to be there:

Dynamo (Michelle)

Tied2BFit (Dee)

Mal

Ahoy! Well, I finally made it back to the gym and I LOVED it, I missed it sooooo. I did my 3 miles cardio and my weight circut...ahhhh I feel much better! But I did come home and eat like crazy???? I'm afraid to step on the scale, it has to catch up to me some time..Thanks Dynamo for the encouragement, you are AWESOME!:D

Your turn Woofay...the gym is our friend (lol)

bahot~what time is your surgery today? post and let us know how you are doing.

Anyone going to Susan's support group meeting?

LA~It looks like you had a nice time on your hike, the scenery is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Mare~how are you feeling? Is the flu gone?

tied2b~hang in there my friend, your day will come and your wait will be well worth it. Stay strong, we are here for ya':girl_hug:

Have a SUPER day!!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for asking about my banding (i am 20 hrs out). I feel pretty good not to much pain. It went great and Dr. K was awesome. I was a little nervous on the way to the hospital, but my husband was great and really settled me down. He also took really great care of me when we got home.

I would like to do a ticker but not sure how, can anyone help (I'm sorta computer stupid).

Thanks for all the support and keep it coming.

Denise

When to leave...?

I am looking at flights to Denver & trying to figure out when I should leave after my surgery. I am probably going to fly in on a Tuesday evening. My pre-op is Wednesday and my surgery is Thursday at 1 pm. I can't decide if I should leave on Friday or Saturday. Dr. K said that I can come back and see him on Friday if I'd like, but most of his patients don't feel that it's necessary. Will I feel like flying on Friday?

In addition to that, I have to think about the extra night at the hotel and the fact that I still have to find a petsitter or someone like that to take care of my kitties. Thoughts? Thanks! :help:

Hi all!

I am feeling wonderful! Bought a new scale yesterday and I am 4 pounds from ONEderland! Which is very exciting!!! So I am officially down 23 pounds!!! YAY!!!

I do feel like I am hungry (ALOT) and I am eating more, so at this point if I maintain I will be happy!

I have my first fill on the 8th and am a little anxious...does Dr. K numb you before all the proding? How many "sticks" does it usually take? I have to take my daughter (4) is she going to flip when she the needle?

Thanks all!!!

I wont be able to come to RR this month as it is my DH b-day! Unless....I can talk him into it, which is always a possibility. :heh:

Bahot, glad to hear your doing well!

Hey Bahotmomma,

Congratulations!

You can make a ticker here: TickerFactory.com. Follow the steps to make your ticker, then copy the "BBcode". Go to UserCP at the top of the screen here at LBT and click on "Edit Signature" under "Control Panel." Paste in the code from Ticker Factory and you have your ticker. B)

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for asking about my banding (i am 20 hrs out). I feel pretty good not to much pain. It went great and Dr. K was awesome. I was a little nervous on the way to the hospital, but my husband was great and really settled me down. He also took really great care of me when we got home.

I would like to do a ticker but not sure how, can anyone help (I'm sorta computer stupid).

Thanks for all the support and keep it coming.

Denise

Dee,

It WILL happen... here, you can borrow my mantra from when I was adopting my two kids from Guatemala and the stress of the wait and the unknown was making me depressed... "It's not a matter of 'if', it's just a matter of 'when'..." Repeat to yourself over and over as needed...

Tina

viridescence,

Thanks for the help (let's see if I did it right).

As for when to fly out, if it were me I would wait a day and fly on Saturday. I just got banded yesterday and am still groggy, sore and moving slow. I know that everyone heals differently so you might do better than I am. Best of luck to you and thanks again.

denise:p

Red Robin List (copy and paste)

Going to be there:

Dynamo (Michelle)

Tied2BFit (Dee)

Mal

Hi Everyone,

I did what I hope will be the biggest blooper of 2008, I was very diligent doing my laundry and dumped the basket into the machine (I wash all cold) anyway, my book from the library was in there and it wasn't discovered until I went to put all in the dryer. Oy Vey! If you think books are plastic - think again. It completely disintegrated into lint all over hell and back. I just have been scooping and delinting, somethings are ruined, as I can't get the lint out. Oh well bye bye to some undies, but what a fool I feel.

Hugs and today is going great, what with a little laundry disaster. Perhaps it is time for new undies. Shopping!

Dee - just remember to get back, be honest, forgive yourself, and remember how it feels to be healthy. those few seconds of healthy thinking can sometimes help me wash bad chocolate cake down the disposal and marshmellow Cookies (that my son left out again) into the garbage.

Mal - Yeah! It is amazing what cardio does for the psyche and this way I won't be able to raze you at Red Robin. Hee,,,,heee....

Woofay - Mal and I are after you to get your butt into the gym. You'll feel great about yourself. And remember you don't need to hurt to get benefit.

Viri - I agree with bahot, wait, give yourself a day to lounge. You'll be back at 'em soon enough.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Yeah Marcy on the exercise! That rocks! Feels good doesn't it.

Acutally, I'm in PAIN today! I never realized my toilet was so low to the floor! B) Squatting to light a fire in our wood stove was KILLER this morning! Didn't help that I had to go out at -20 and get the garbage ready and fish out lugguage for my husband! Now, THAT was fun!:angry

It's all a "good" pain, but I am NOT looking forward to tomorrow's class! At least my arms are working!

Let it be known that I'm TOTALLY embarrassed:o that I'm so out of shape!