Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi Shesha, Boy! Fox Park really brings back some memories! We used to go up there for the day when my 2 older boys were little, it's been a really long time because they are now 23 and 25, I started really young ;)haha, lol. Did you tent it or do you have a camper? It sounds fun, I can't believe that I've been off of work all summer and I have'nt even gone for a walk! I need to get off my f_t a_s and do something, I know that I have to get moving to be able to get and stay near my goal.(someday) Anyhow I'm happy to hear that your band is working again:clap2:I finally am filled to 2.5cc's and have some restriction now. Every once in awhile I get stuck and slime but never throw up, I always tease that my body would never give up the food! Same thing with all my pregnancies, I would get nausiated but never get sick. Sorry I just ramble and have a hard time writing my thoughts, Take Care, Sunnysea

Well, I had my official weigh in and I am down another pound. I weigh 192 and can smell the 180's. Isn't that funny?

My weekend went well. Painting ladies up the ying yang, driving myself crazy over this show on Saturday in Breckenridge. If we do well, our company will be launched, otherwise everyone will have crazy ladies for presents.

I camped once on Lake Superior or Michigan when I was at Interlochen in Traverse City, Michigan. Some sand dunes and ice cold Water. it was heaven getting out of those practice huts.

Hugs all -

Michelle

My consultation with Dr. K was great - I got the green light for surgery on 9/5! I'm meeting with Paula on Thursday and I guess I better figure out when my 10 days of pre-op diet starts!

Hi Gals!

Dynamo~Way to go another pound gone forever!! Kiss it goodbye!!

Little~Congrats on your 9/5 date! Exciting!

Sunnysea~nice to hear that you are doing well and back on track!

I have this terrible summer head/chest cold, I just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone and to cheer on a healthy week!!

Hello all!

I had a bad day. Somehow, I lost some restriction and was able to eat more than I have been lately. I just logged my food on Fitday and WAY too many calories/carbs!! YIKES!!!

Back on the wagon tomorrow!!!

It looks like everyone is doing well.

DynamoMini - Congrats on that pound. Doesn't it feel good???

Mal - I am sorry you have a cold!! And in August. That's crazy. Drink some hot tea, take some nyquil and hit the sheets - for beddie by that is!

Sunnysea! - That is so funny you've been to Fox Park. You wouldn't believe how low the Water is. Have you been down M35 lately? I can remember the waves lapping at the road. Now, the shoreline is 100 yards away. Pretty sad. The water was SUPER warm though, which is unusual, so we did a lot of swimming. It's so nice there. Such clear water, a nice sandy bottom! It's like the ocean without the salt and the sharks!!

To the rest of you, congrats on starting your journey. You'll be in bandland in no time!:wacko:

Inez - what is happening? Why the loss of focus? You didn't explain much in your post so it is hard to know how to answer you plea for help. You know you deserve a healthy life. We all suffer from compulsive overeating. It is an addiction. When it is under control, we feel normal and good, when it is out of control, we feel really bad about ourselves. The band is only a tool, we have to do the headwork. Tell us more, maybe we can help.

Best wishes,

Michelle

:help:EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE I GET STUCK BUT 3 MONTHS:help:

:ranger: HI DYNAMOMINI WAS BANDED ON 8/26/06 . I LOST 55 POUNDSIN 8 MONTHS. BUT THE PAST 2 MOUTHS I LOSE 00000 :whoo::rant:I FEEL LIKE I DARN WALL :frusty: I SEEN TO GO UP . I DO CARDIO 30 MIN. TWICE A DAY BUT NOW TI'S SO SLOW 2 POUNDS IN 2 MOUNTHS I GO SEE DR. K NEXT WEEK:think

Hello, My People! :girl_hug: I saw the good doc. And as predicted, there's a leak. (like being empty last fill wasn't enough:biggrin1:) It's pretty slow though. Last tuesday he had 1.6 cc in there. Today there was only 1 cc in there. So he filled me back up to 1.6 and scheduled the surgery to fix it. So that's less than .2 cc leak per day. Guess that's why it's still working fairly well for me. Only empty for the week before I've been going in for a fill. So, Sept 10th at 9 am I'll be fixed. (not like that, silly!:dog: ruff! )

Shesha and Drewslou~ Thank you so much for all your info. I appreciate it more than you'll know. (I'm such a baby sometimes! :nervous)

Mal~ hope that head cold is clearing!

Dynamo~ paint, paint, paint! :D:)

Littleroo1~congrats on your date! You'll be on your way soon!

Sunnysea~Great to hear from ya!

Lap Dancer~ where are ya? Hope that all is well for you!

Have a great night!:notagree

I have just been reading all your posts. Woof, I hope it is easily fixed.

Tomorrow is my surgery. I can't believe it is here already. I am scared but excited. Thanks for being there and sharing your journeys.

Marilyn:notagree

Inez - I think going back to Dr. K is the right move. A fill, and a renewed commitment to yourself and your health. You deserve a healthy life. Remember that. Good for you doing that cardio. I think the caloric intake has to get reduced and/or exercise increased as you lose weight. It is lousy, but our bodies keep adjusting to our intake. Hope the Dr can help. Come to our support group September 4th or 11th at Red Robin. More to come later.

Woofay - so sorry about the complication. Let us know the details, I want to be there for you. Hugs!

Mal - where are you? Are you feeling better?

Hugs all, yes I'm painting, painting, painting.

Maare/Marilyn--- Happy Band-day! You're going to do great.:confused: I can't wait to hear about your experience. I said a prayer for you and will be thinking positive thoughts for you all day!

Woofay~So, your gonna be fixed?...LOL too funny! Sept 10th, will you be going back to the Crown Center for that? So where is the leak?...your port, the tubing or the band? Keep your positive mindset, things will work out fine!

Dynamo~I am still around, still sick, sick, sick!! I always get a summer cold/sinus thing and boy does it suck! I hope you are finished with your ladies, I'm sure they will sell like crazy, they are awesome! You are so very talented!! How's your fill treating you? I can't wait for mine on Friday, I have been soooo hungry and able to eat way more than I should!

Mare~We will all be there to hold your hand today! Chat at ya' on the other side! Havea great day!

Inez~55 pounds is a great accomplishment! Hopefully all you need is a fill and a few good words from the Doc. and maybe have a chat with Paula too. Keep us posted.

Lap~I hope you are treating yourself kindly...we miss hearing from you. I didn't make the OA meeting last Saturday, how are your meetings going? I am still thinking about it.

Marcy~how are ya? How's the crab and salmon??

:clap2:Mare5569~ Today is your day! We'll be thinking of you. Congratulations! Let us know how it goes and post when you feel well enough. :clap2:

Marilyn - Hope you are doing well and getting lots of rest!!!

General question.... is there wi-fi at Crown Pointe surgical center? DH wants to know... :rolleyes LOL