Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I was sleeved on the 12th as well. I broke down and weighed today. Down 10lbs :)

Whoo-hoo!

Great idea. I've been toying around with going the last few days. Glad to hear you are feeling well.

My tummy is pretty swollen. I had surgery Tuesday.

I looked like the I was filled with helium! I was told to expect to gain 10lbs after surgery. It's finally going away lil by little.

Hi! I was sleeved a few days ago (2/12/13) and I'm so glad this forum exists! I haven't weighed myself yet because I was planning on doing it weekly. Is that a good idea?

I put my scale away. Weekly is better, I don't want to become obsessed with that darn scale.

I had my surgery on Tuesday as well' date=' and I feel like my stomach has finally started going down. Feeling really good today. I'm ready to get out of the house. Tired of laying around watching tv. Thinking about going to get a pedicure. :)[/quote']

I'm dying to get my hair done...mani...pedi...the works! I think I'll start small and actually put some makeup on and do my hair today. ;)

I looked like the I was filled with helium! I was told to expect to gain 10lbs after surgery. It's finally going away lil by little.

I gained 8lbs after surgery. Was 254 when I checked in. That evening I was 262. I weighed this morning and am down to 252.

I was sleeved 2-12 (band removed also). I dry heaved for the first 48 hours. Anesthesia and I are not friends. I was so terrified I would rip something, but my leak test was negative. It was very painful Tho. Stayed an extra day in the hospital because of the nausea. I haven't had any narcotic pain meds since Wednesday. After the vomiting the remaining surgical pain was nothing. I'm tolerating liquids just fine. Sipping all day long, getting in about 60 oz per day which is on track with what my doc wants. I feel pretty good today. My tummy is still sore but I slept pretty well last night. My incisions are starting to itch and they are bothersome. I'm down 12 pounds since starting my pre-op diet which is pretty good since I know I'm still retaining Fluid in my gut. It's hard as a rock, but its getting better. I'm walking short distances several times a day. Went to WM yesterday for a little while to get out of the house and that wore me out. Came home and slept for 2 hours. I had dreams last night about food. What a nightmare! Lol! I really don't feel "hungry", but I want to chew something. And of course I want something yummy. :). But I'm doing okay and I'm not going crazy yet. Hope everyone continues to do well.

My tummy is pretty swollen. I had surgery Tuesday.

I was super swollen yesterday but today is much better! It's day two post op.

I was sleeved 2-12 (band removed also). I dry heaved for the first 48 hours. Anesthesia and I are not friends. I was so terrified I would rip something, but my leak test was negative. It was very painful Tho. Stayed an extra day in the hospital because of the nausea. I haven't had any narcotic pain meds since Wednesday. After the vomiting the remaining surgical pain was nothing. I'm tolerating liquids just fine. Sipping all day long, getting in about 60 oz per day which is on track with what my doc wants. I feel pretty good today. My tummy is still sore but I slept pretty well last night. My incisions are starting to itch and they are bothersome. I'm down 12 pounds since starting my pre-op diet which is pretty good since I know I'm still retaining Fluid in my gut. It's hard as a rock, but its getting better. I'm walking short distances several times a day. Went to WM yesterday for a little while to get out of the house and that wore me out. Came home and slept for 2 hours. I had dreams last night about food. What a nightmare! Lol! I really don't feel "hungry", but I want to chew something. And of course I want something yummy. :). But I'm doing okay and I'm not going crazy yet. Hope everyone continues to do well.

I had a band to VSG also. I missed the chewing as well. I was sucking on sugar free hard candies and would chew on them and it worked for me. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop since I was a post surgery dry heaver as well. I kept telling the nurse to get me something and she would say I'd be fine and I'd be like NO I NEED SOMETHING! I'M GONNA RIP SOMETHING! Finally, she called doctor and got me something to help. I was off pain meds end of day 2 post op, only took one on my way home due to sleeping in a bed my last night rather than hospital bed. Did you have a lot of scar tissue from your band? I had a whole crap ton! And what I would call food nightmares to boot of eating and blowing something out!

I had a band to VSG also. I missed the chewing as well. I was sucking on sugar free hard candies and would chew on them and it worked for me. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop since I was a post surgery dry heaver as well. I kept telling the nurse to get me something and she would say I'd be fine and I'd be like NO I NEED SOMETHING! I'M GONNA RIP SOMETHING! Finally, she called doctor and got me something to help. I was off pain meds end of day 2 post op, only took one on my way home due to sleeping in a bed my last night rather than hospital bed. Did you have a lot of scar tissue from your band? I had a whole crap ton! And what I would call food nightmares to boot of eating and blowing something out!

I had a band to VSG also. I missed the chewing as well. I was sucking on sugar free hard candies and would chew on them and it worked for me. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop since I was a post surgery dry heaver as well. I kept telling the nurse to get me something and she would say I'd be fine and I'd be like NO I NEED SOMETHING! I'M GONNA RIP SOMETHING! Finally' date=' she called doctor and got me something to help. I was off pain meds end of day 2 post op, only took one on my way home due to sleeping in a bed my last night rather than hospital bed. Did you have a lot of scar tissue from your band? I had a whole crap ton! And what I would call food nightmares to boot of eating and blowing something out![/quote']

They were giving me IV Zofran, but it didn't help. I just had to wait for it to pass. It was awful. And yes I had a lot of scar tissue as well. I feel like I've been donkey kicked on my left side, but its not as bad as I thought it would be, pain wise. However I over did activity today and just had to take some pain meds. I felt great this morning. Have to remind myself that I just had surgery and to slow down. I'm a terrible patient in that way. Just wanna go go! :). I hope you continue to feel better. Stay in touch. :)

I am ten days post surgery today. I have lost 15 teen pounds since my surgery day- 20 over all . I am still in ketosis right now and my body is very lethargic as it does not like this starvation mode. I was advised by my doctor to up my carbs to 70 per day! yes 70 per day this next week... which I find almost impossible to do. I am having a bit of challenge getting in the required nutrition but I am doing my best to stay on par and forcing in the liquid ( 1 ounce every 15 minutes becomes a full time job ... ugh! ) . I will say I am getting REAL sick of the same old stuff and am trying to mix it up a bit more. My doc wants me to drink the G2 for liquid instead of Water for the carbs but I just cant stand the taste. He wants me to get in 64 oz which I told him is absolutley impossible. Im lucky to get in 32 oz . I just cant get it down. Ive added in ice pops for more carbs. Getting it all in is the hardest part of this journey thus far. I am a athlete by nature and work out regularly but have been unable to do so yet as frankly I just dont have the energy. I know it will come slowly but surely. I guess I should sit back and enjoy the weigh loss for now, but I miss my workouts! I have gone down from a 16 to a solid 12 already which is fantastic. ... This has been hard but it is the best thing I ever did for my furture and health. I believe in preventative maintence as my weight was starting to climb as my elderly family memebers did at this age. This tool will help me stay in control of my eating habits and avoid the probablitly of morbid obesity down the road. I am so glad to hear all of you sleevers are doing great and I wish you the best of luck in acheiving your goals! If you have any liquid ideas let me know ... Like I said I am so over this phase of liquids already....it is so redundant!

bodyweight.png?ts=1361045096

I had my surgery on Tuesday as well' date=' and I feel like my stomach has finally started going down. Feeling really good today. I'm ready to get out of the house. Tired of laying around watching tv. Thinking about going to get a pedicure. :)[/quote']

I second that!!

I am ten days post surgery today. I have lost 15 teen pounds since my surgery day- 20 over all . I am still in ketosis right now and my body is very lethargic as it does not like this starvation mode. I was advised by my doctor to up my carbs to 70 per day! yes 70 per day this next week... which I find almost impossible to do. I am having a bit of challenge getting in the required nutrition but I am doing my best to stay on par and forcing in the liquid ( 1 ounce every 15 minutes becomes a full time job ... ugh! ) . I will say I am getting REAL sick of the same old stuff and am trying to mix it up a bit more. My doc wants me to drink the G2 for liquid instead of Water for the carbs but I just cant stand the taste. He wants me to get in 64 oz which I told him is absolutley impossible. Im lucky to get in 32 oz . I just cant get it down. Ive added in ice pops for more carbs. Getting it all in is the hardest part of this journey thus far. I am a athlete by nature and work out regularly but have been unable to do so yet as frankly I just dont have the energy. I know it will come slowly but surely. I guess I should sit back and enjoy the weigh loss for now' date=' but I miss my workouts! I have gone down from a 16 to a solid 12 already which is fantastic. ... This has been hard but it is the best thing I ever did for my furture and health. I believe in preventative maintence as my weight was starting to climb as my elderly family memebers did at this age. This tool will help me stay in control of my eating habits and avoid the probablitly of morbid obesity down the road. I am so glad to hear all of you sleevers are doing great and I wish you the best of luck in acheiving your goals! If you have any liquid ideas let me know ... Like I said I am so over this phase of liquids already....it is so redundant!

How did u get your ticker to show

Any suggestions on how to get relief from this awful gas pain? It's killing my shoulders. I'm walking every few hours. It helps some but oh my gosh!

Walk walk walk

Mine was in the shoulder too and it was horrible. Took me awhile to figure outthe taking of my blood pressure was pushing it that way! Walking helped