Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I made it to the loosers bench 2/14/13!!!!! Yee haw and I have lost 9# in less than 24 hrs so plus pre op I lost 16# for a total of 25#. Up and walking every couple hours for 10-15 min at a time. I'm feeling pretty good.

Great progress.b

4 days post op! Finally came home from the hospital yay! First day home. Feeling pretty good though. Never though getting up and walking and drinking four ounces would exhaust me. Lots of naps!

Its like the fast track in babylife. Those naps get u goin! Glad u r doin well!

you are all so inspirational! I love reading your responses - im hoping to set a march 6th surgery date (will know on Monday when i go for my 2nd consultation) - so of course im a little nervous about how i will feel after the surgery - someone said that "stairs" are out of the question - well my bedroom is downstairs and feeling nauseous is a concern. After reading these responses, i think i will be just fine!!!

you are all so inspirational! I love reading your responses - im hoping to set a march 6th surgery date (will know on Monday when i go for my 2nd consultation) - so of course im a little nervous about how i will feel after the surgery - someone said that "stairs" are out of the question - well my bedroom is downstairs and feeling nauseous is a concern. After reading these responses' date=' i think i will be just fine!!![/quote']

We live in a 2 story home, I had no issues going up or down the stairs. I would go a little slower than normal but not a big deal. You are going to do fantastic.

thank you

We live in a 2 story home' date=' I had no issues going up or down the stairs. I would go a little slower than normal but not a big deal. You are going to do fantastic.[/quote']

Those stairs will get your heart rate up so count it as one of your brisk walks! It helps u feel better. Tiny exertion on ab muscles will keep the repair moving. I actually prefer yhem now over the escalator or elevator. I just put my " slow moving vwhicle" sign on and get to moving lol! You will be fine hun.

I was sleeved on 2/14. Home yesterday. I'm a bit sore and a lot tired but nowhere near as bad as I expected. Anyone else freezing? Stairs have not been a problem for me.... AND 4oz is now SO MUCH MORE than I thought before surgery! :) Before surgery I thought "how am I going ton ONLY drink 8oz?" Now I'm thinking "How am I going to drink 4 oz?!" Lol!

im setting my mind that it wont be as bad as i think - yeah, stomach soreness of course, but i really do have a high tolerance for pain and i do recouperate pretty quickly. I'll be sure to post when i get to that point. Mind set is everything!!

Hi all I had my surgery Feb 7. Just over a week post op. Not really have any problems, no pain, other than its super itchy where my drain was but it's not gooing anymore.

Ardis - thats great! Congrats! I hope to be saying the same soon!!

First post op visit! 25lbs since I started all my paperwork in August! 7lbs since surgery :)

I certainly get hungry but Doc says its in my head. When I think about that I think musy be crazy cause I believe I know when my stomach hurts from hunger. Oh well, got a Prilosec rx, we'll see if that helps.

Well not to brag but everyone is calling me a rock star! 30 hours after surgery and I am ready to go. Just waiting on a ride. I have had no issues with nausea or tolerating liquids or meds. I get to start puree tomorrow.

I thought I would share

When do you get to start solids? My doc recommended a 21 day liquid diet....thankfully, I'm halfway there (surgery on Feb. 4). Do you think some "real food" will help being so tired?

Oh - and am tracking my blood pressure, believe they will lower my BP meds next week!!!!! I have lost 21 lbs with surgery and pre-op diet!!! :)

Well not to brag but everyone is calling me a rock star! 30 hours after surgery and I am ready to go. Just waiting on a ride. I have had no issues with nausea or tolerating liquids or meds. I get to start puree tomorrow.

I thought I would share

Show off.......lol Glad you came thru with flying colors, hope minds goes just as well on tuesday

I thought I would share

yeah!!!!!! amazing - i could only hope for the same for all of us!!! That's great!