Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Oh my goodness the first day after surgery I was regretting my decision to have the gastric. Thank God I did I feel a lot better now just a lot of discomfort still

I'm regretting getting sleeve and today is my 2 day.

I have 7 incision how many you have

I am always cold too! And I was always the one who was hot before so this is a change!

And I am 3 days out? 14th... and every time I eat pureed I feel like I'm putting more gas bubbles in? Anyone else feeling this?

I am not regretting this just know its all in the process of healing.

I haven't weighed myself yet since ive been home, I will do that on Thursdays.

All I know is this freaking gas is killing me!!!

I am always cold too! And I was always the one who was hot before so this is a change!

And I am 3 days out? 14th... and every time I eat pureed I feel like I'm putting more gas bubbles in? Anyone else feeling this?

I haven't weighed myself yet since ive been home, I will do that on Thursdays.

All I know is this freaking gas is killing me!!!

I have 7 incision how many you have

I have 5. Main one is on the front of my belly

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. Try and give it a little time. Is it the pain or missing food? Im wondering exactly what you hate about it. I am almost 2 weeks out and I am just now sleeping well. My pain is mostly gone. I must admit I am missing eating some but I am still on full liquids. I am not hungry I just miss eating with my family. Overall I am loving my sleeve as the weight is already coming off. I hope your journey improves and you too can enjoy your new life!

Today is 5 days put and physically I feel great..emotionally omg. Big crying fit and argument with my mom this morning. And I am not one to ever show emotions. I have also been colder too.

I just went outside and walked around the block sloooowly. The sun feels great and I'm feeling better every day! Don't get frustrated and don't have any regrets. Remember the big picture!

I haven't weighed myself yet since ive been home' date=' I will do that on Thursdays.

All I know is this freaking gas is killing me!!![/quote']

Wow, you can eat pureed food. Dr told me the third week. My first thought was I did not know if I could wait that long but I'm lucky to get down Clear Liquids right now. My family went to Subway yesterday which they ate in front of me. I was not the least bit tempted because of how horrible the pain is just trying to get Water down. I am getting closer to my min liquid total Dr instructed me to drink by drinking warm liquids. I am taking Pepsid and GasX religiously to keep the gas at bay.

Good luck with the gas

Wow' date=' you can eat pureed food. Dr told me the third week. My first thought was I did not know if I could wait that long but I'm lucky to get down clear liquids right now. My family went to Subway yesterday which they ate in front of me. I was not the least bit tempted because of how horrible the pain is just trying to get Water down. I am getting closer to my min liquid total Dr instructed me to drink by drinking warm liquids. I am taking Pepsid and GasX religiously to keep the gas at bay.

Good luck with the gas[/quote']

Yeah I know everyone is surprised I can eat pureed. I have no trouble getting anything down and I am super close to my 64oz of water a day. I keep forgetting about my pepcid lol but I am doing gas x and heating pad.

My family eating food doesnt bother me at all. I can pretty much eat anything but it has to be the consistency of baby food. I had a tbsp of scrambled pureed eggs with a drop of ketchup and a tbsp of 3rd baby food fruit and I kept that di wn just fine (:

I'm waiting on surgeon to call tomorrow and make sure everything is"normal"

Wow' date=' you can eat pureed food. Dr told me the third week. My first thought was I did not know if I could wait that long but I'm lucky to get down clear liquids right now. My family went to Subway yesterday which they ate in front of me. I was not the least bit tempted because of how horrible the pain is just trying to get Water down. I am getting closer to my min liquid total Dr instructed me to drink by drinking warm liquids. I am taking Pepsid and GasX religiously to keep the gas at bay.

Good luck with the gas[/quote']

It really depends on the surgeon. I was taken off all restrictions at 10days post op

Edit: not all, I still follow the rules but I can eat normal foods with a lot of chewing.

So, a month ago I was wearing size 52 pants. Today, 11 days after surgery, tried on some jeans and I am in a size 44. They were a little tight, but down 4 pants sizes! I am not sure who is more excited me or my wife. I have had to add 3 new loop holes in my belt. I am struggling with my mental hunger and doing what I should do, but fitting into jeans size that I haven't had since I was in high school! Wow!!! So happy!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I haven't weighed myself yet since ive been home' date=' I will do that on Thursdays.

All I know is this freaking gas is killing me!!![/quote']

I got sleeve on the 15 but I'm back to clear liquid for 3 days and full liquid for one week then puree for the next 6 week's

Yeah I know everyone is surprised I can eat pureed. I have no trouble getting anything down and I am super close to my 64oz of Water a day. I keep forgetting about my pepcid lol but I am doing gas x and heating pad.

My family eating food doesnt bother me at all. I can pretty much eat anything but it has to be the consistency of baby food. I had a tbsp of scrambled pureed eggs with a drop of ketchup and a tbsp of 3rd baby food fruit and I kept that di wn just fine (:

I'm waiting on surgeon to call tomorrow and make sure everything is"normal"

I'm jealous. :) I can't wait till my tummy will allow more than liquids. I know my time will come but patience has never been a strong suit of mine. Lol

It really depends on the surgeon. I was taken off all restrictions at 10days post op

Edit: not all' date=' I still follow the rules but I can eat normal foods with a lot of chewing.[/quote']

Yes, I have found out mine is very conservative. He's a great surgeon though and has many great success. I'm amazed when I hear someone can add food a few days out when I can't even get down liquids but I know we all heal at different rates.

I'm grateful to be on this side and can't wait to start hearing and seeing all the sucess stories from everyone. Good luck all Feb Sleevers. You all have helped me through so much.