Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I was instructed 2 weeks full liquid' date=' 2 weeks of pureed/blended, 2 weeks soft, then try foods and eat as tolerated.[/quote']

I have the same instructions.

It amuses me how many different post op diets there are. I was on 2 weeks of very limited liquids - Protein, Water, clear broth, crystal light and Tomato juice - followed by three months of "soft", followed by the lifting of all restrictions.

Just like the differences in the pre liquid diet every surgeon is going to tell patients something different. I think as long as we follow what they tell each of us we are good (:

I am doing well tolerating pureed foods 1 day out. I was sleeved on the 14th. So I guess it all works out in the end. Best of luck on out journey.

It amuses me how many different post op diets there are. I was on 2 weeks of very limited liquids - Protein, Water, clear broth, crystal light and Tomato juice - followed by three months of "soft", followed by the lifting of all restrictions.

It seems that every doctor has patients on a different diet whether pre or post op. My friend had her surgery and had post op of 4 weeks clear liquid. I had no where near that. Another one of my friends is pre op and is on a month long pre op diet of liquids but I was on low carb for two weeks then given a free day the night before surgery. It's all over the board. I don't understand why there isn't a more across the board standard.

It seems that every doctor has patients on a different diet whether pre or post op. My friend had her surgery and had post op of 4 weeks clear liquid. I had no where near that. Another one of my friends is pre op and is on a month long pre op diet of liquids but I was on low carb for two weeks then given a free day the night before surgery. It's all over the board. I don't understand why there isn't a more across the board standard.

You would think it would be more consistent that is for sure!

Morning my favorite month of sleevers. Back to work this morning. 2 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. I woke up a little worse today, I am guess it's a combo of not enough fluids and going back to work.

Starting today I plan to only track my weight weekly.

5'6 ( on a good day)

Starting weight: 315 (316 highest)

Surgery- 294

2 weeks-279

I've slowed the last 3-4 days but I've increased my fluids a lot. I have no doubts I was/am dehydrated.

I think the pre-op should be varied as everyone will need different things come surgery day..such as a less fatty liver. It is the post op that I would think should be more consistent.

Morning my favorite month of sleevers. Back to work this morning. 2 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. I woke up a little worse today' date=' I am guess it's a combo of not enough fluids and going back to work.

5'6 ( on a good day)

Surgery- 294

2 weeks-279

I've slowed the last 3-4 days but I've increased my fluids a lot. I have no doubts I was/am dehydrated.[/quote']

You are doing awesome!!! I too 5'6 /319

Lowest was day after surgery 294 then I got home and weighed 315? Then on Sat 310 and today 301. So I'm not sure what happened but as long as it keeps going down (:

Good luck back at work!

You are doing awesome!!! I too 5'6 /319

Lowest was day after surgery 294 then I got home and weighed 315? Then on Sat 310 and today 301. So I'm not sure what happened but as long as it keeps going down (:

Good luck back at work!

Not sure if you saw one of my previous posts but I gained 6 lbs while in the hospital. That really threw me for a loop! But 5 days later it is all back to normal. No where to go but down from here!! Fluids while in the hospital? Gas?

Morning my favorite month of sleevers. Back to work this morning. 2 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. I woke up a little worse today' date=' I am guess it's a combo of not enough fluids and going back to work.

5'6 ( on a good day)

Surgery- 294

2 weeks-279

I've slowed the last 3-4 days but I've increased my fluids a lot. I have no doubts I was/am dehydrated.[/quote']

Great stats!! Good luck today. Take it easy!

Not sure if you saw one of my previous posts but I gained 6 lbs while in the hospital. That really threw me for a loop! But 5 days later it is all back to normal. No where to go but down from here!! Fluids while in the hospital? Gas?

Yeah I have seen people say they have gained. It definitely is frustrating but like you said no where to go but down! (: I will do weigh ins on Thursdays. I just needed a piece of mind since coming home lol

I was sleeved on Feb. 5 and gained 18 pounds in Fluid in the hospital. I lost most of that within a week or so. Since then, I have lost another 10 pounds. scale hasn't moved in a few days, but I'll take it since previously, it took me at least 2 months to lose 10 pounds. I am on a similar regimen as others--2 weeks of full liquids (no yogurt/refried beans), a few days of thin purees, 2.5 weeks of puree, a week or so of transitional/soft foods, and then full diet. So full diet about a month from now. I'm really looking forward to my 2-week post op appointment so that I can try some thinned out cream of wheat or oatmeal. I'm not physically hungry but went back to work within a few days (desk job) and sometimes that low blood sugar/weak feeling makes it a bit difficult to concentrate on complex tasks (less complex ones aren't an issue).

Day 3 post op. All I do is sip, burp & sleep. I'm having a hard time getting fluids in because I fall sleep so much. When I'm awake I can do a sip every 15 min. Still working on my 42g Protein bullet from this morning. Any suggestions as far as what I should be doing ? I have an app on the phone I could use. But when does the fatigue wear off ?

Tricia, I would just listen to your body and sip as much as you can. Are you taking something like Propel or G2? Are you stil on pain meds?

Question-has anyone not been given the 2 week pre op diet and only given 4 to 7 days that is a lower BMI? My surgery is Tuesday afternoon and I start on all liquids tomorrow. The nurse told me since I am at a lower weight that I didn't need to do the entire 2 weeks because it had to do with the size of my liver. I tried to start yesterday and I have no control. Has anyone HONESTLY not followed the pre-op diet?

I followed the diet pretty closely, but I only had to do it for 1 week. The first part of the week was replacing 1 meal with Protein Shake and staying under 1200 calories. Then three days before surgery liquid only, that included Protein Shakes. Problem is, surgery got delayed by 4 days after I started the liquid only part...made the liquids a little lengthy, but it work out in the end.