Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I'm a "Valentiner". Was sleeved 2/14. Just got home yesterday. I *had to* weigh. Just to see. I've lost 9.8 since surgery. I hardly expect that weight loss speed to be normal, but I was so surprised to see 200 something again on the scale! I lost 10 on the preop diet, so almost 20lbs in 2 weeks! I'd say it's a good start :) my husband found me these awesome 1 ounce measuring cups, honestly they look like shot glasses with measurements painted on them, but anyways, it makes it sooooo easy to sip from something small like that. So I use those for my Water, or propel, or whatever else. I am noticing a bit of heart burn I guess is what it is? Idk, I've never really had heart burn but it feels like a burp kinda stuck, with a bit of pain. Hubby says sounds just like heart burn, which we were told could increase post sleeve since it's kind of a straight shot back up to the esophagus now.

Anyways. Hope all sleevers are doing well, and soon to be sleevers have a good recovery!

I'm a "Valentiner". Was sleeved 2/14. Just got home yesterday. I *had to* weigh. Just to see. I've lost 9.8 since surgery. I hardly expect that weight loss speed to be normal' date=' but I was so surprised to see 200 something again on the scale! I lost 10 on the preop diet, so almost 20lbs in 2 weeks! I'd say it's a good start :) my husband found me these awesome 1 ounce measuring cups, honestly they look like shot glasses with measurements painted on them, but anyways, it makes it sooooo easy to sip from something small like that. So I use those for my Water, or propel, or whatever else. I am noticing a bit of heart burn I guess is what it is? Idk, I've never really had heart burn but it feels like a burp kinda stuck, with a bit of pain. Hubby says sounds just like heart burn, which we were told could increase post sleeve since it's kind of a straight shot back up to the esophagus now.

Anyways. Hope all sleevers are doing well, and soon to be sleevers have a good recovery![/quote']

I'm a Valentiner too Steph! I have found that if I hold a water bottle in my hand, I sip more. My doctor also has me on Zantac. I had gerd before surgery. If you picture a funnel...you pour liquid in it and it doesn't all go in immediately. It sits on top and swirls through the opening. That's our stomach. The funnel is our esophagus. So what you're feeling is that Fluid still waiting to go down. This is the analogy my doc gave me. Makes sense! Good luck to you!

I was sleeved on Feb. 5 and gained 18 pounds in Fluid in the hospital. I lost most of that within a week or so. Since then' date=' I have lost another 10 pounds. scale hasn't moved in a few days, but I'll take it since previously, it took me at least 2 months to lose 10 pounds. I am on a similar regimen as others--2 weeks of full liquids (no yogurt/refried beans), a few days of thin purees, 2.5 weeks of puree, a week or so of transitional/soft foods, and then full diet. So full diet about a month from now. I'm really looking forward to my 2-week post op appointment so that I can try some thinned out cream of wheat or oatmeal. I'm not physically hungry but went back to work within a few days (desk job) and sometimes that low blood sugar/weak feeling makes it a bit difficult to concentrate on complex tasks (less complex ones aren't an issue).[/quote']

I was sleeved on the 14th and I'm going back to work on Tuesday. I teach high school English and will have a student teacher helping me out for the week.

I was sleeved on the 7th. Still having a hard time getting all my Protein in. As someone mentioned I feel full after a few sips. I hardly have any stomach pain where my incisions are. My gas is almost gone thanks to Gas X. I've lost 15 pounds since my surgery. I am soo over the liquid diet phase, ready to finally eat something. I see my surgeon 2/21 for my post-op appointment.

Tricia' date=' I would just listen to your body and sip as much as you can. Are you taking something like Propel or G2? Are you stil on pain meds?[/quote']

No pain Meds. Barely used them in the hospital too. I am just taking my sips as I can get them in and right now I'm just worried abt being dehydrated.

I was sleeved Feb 4 and I have been advanced to softs! I have never been so happy to see a tablespoon of cottage cheese in my life. Mr. Scrambled Egg, you are my bi$ch today! Sorry for my outburst by those Protein Drinks have drained the will to live out of me. I go back to work tomorrow and I did not know if I was going to have the stamina - or the mental power to handle it on the Protein drinks alone. And I have lost 18 pounds since surgery day, 34 pounds total. I am able to wear clothes that did not fit two weeks ago so I am a happy girl today.

I too am vd! I get a feeling when I'm drinking of it bubbling down and then I need to burp everytime? Anyone else? Doesn't bother me to eat just when I drink. Still taking gas x a couple times a day. I cant tell if I am hungry/full etc it all feels the same.... grumbly, bubbly, and a growling sensation all the time

I too am vd! I get a feeling when I'm drinking of it bubbling down and then I need to burp everytime? Anyone else? Doesn't bother me to eat just when I drink. Still taking gas x a couple times a day. I cant tell if I am hungry/full etc it all feels the same.... grumbly, bubbly, and a growling sensation all the time

Sleeved on Valentines Day. Came home from hospital on day 4. Stepped on scale to monitor progress...I was up 14 pounds after being down by 27 on day of surgery! What the heck...? Today I was down 5 of the 14. I had IV's while in the hospital and could understand a little Water weight gain, but 14 pounds? Anyone have a similar experience or any answers?

I was sleeved on the 14th and I'm going back to work on Tuesday. I teach high school English and will have a student teacher helping me out for the week.

Sleeved on Valentines Day. Came home from hospital on day 4. Stepped on scale to monitor progress...I was up 14 pounds after being down by 27 on day of surgery! What the heck...? Today I was down 5 of the 14. I had IV's while in the hospital and could understand a little Water weight gain' date=' but 14 pounds? Anyone have a similar experience or any answers?[/quote']

That is how its been going. It will drop off fast. And I was vd too and only in fpr 30 hrs! I was in and out partly because I did so well and partly cuz I didnt want to be there

Wow! I'm impressed your going back to teach so soon! I too, was sleeved on the 14th & teach HS science but I'm staying out until 3/4. However, prepping for 2+ weeks of lessons was was way worse than anything I've had to go through with this process so far! Good luck!

That is how its been going. It will drop off fast. And I was vd too and only in fpr 30 hrs! I was in and out partly because I did so well and partly cuz I didnt want to be there

Thanks for the info. Originally I was shocked, but after posting & going back over some previous comments, I'm feeling more encouraged!

I made it to the loosers bench 2/14/13!!!!! Yee haw and I have lost 9# in less than 24 hrs so plus pre op I lost 16# for a total of 25#. Up and walking every couple hours for 10-15 min at a time. I'm feeling pretty good.

I'm a Valentines Day sleever too. I feel great! Started my two week preop diet on 1/31 at 397. I weighed 365 this morning.

I too am vd! I get a feeling when I'm drinking of it bubbling down and then I need to burp everytime? Anyone else? Doesn't bother me to eat just when I drink. Still taking gas x a couple times a day. I cant tell if I am hungry/full etc it all feels the same.... grumbly' date=' bubbly, and a growling sensation all the time[/quote']

I'm a sip, burp and repeat gal. I am also getting the rumbling in my tummy. Feels like gas but farts elude me. When I do we all cheer but I'm careful to ensure it is truly a fart. Don't want any repeats of most embarrassing moment. :)