Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I don't have a pre-op diet other than nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery. My surgery is the 27th...

I had to do liquid preop prep 2 days before

Are any of you guys on this horrible lovenox shots? I have to have them twice daily for seven days to prevent blood clots..... They hurt soooo much :( Not the needle but the medicine.... Ugh!

I def know what you mean only two days in and I have enough oh those shots!

Glad to hear so many of you are doing great. I'm on the countdown' date=' scheduled for 2/21. Getting nervous, excited, scared, and kinda have this disbelief feeling that I'm really doing this.[/quote']

Def stay positive and keep a clear mind. I waited for 2/13 forever and was so excited until the morning of. Out of nowhere I became nervous and begin to question the decision I was making, my pressure shot up during surgery and after and I had to stay in the Hospital for 3 days instead of 2 BC of all my last minute anxiety.My doc and nurses would not releass me until my pressure was stable, bc I never had high blood pressure. You def dont want this to happen.

Feeling better each day. Sleeved on the 14th and down four pounds. Having a hard time getting all the liquid in. This was my first day home, so tomorrow will be more regimented with Protein and liquid.

Feeling better each day. Sleeved on the 14th and down four pounds. Having a hard time getting all the liquid in. This was my first day home' date=' so tomorrow will be more regimented with Protein and liquid.[/quote']

Glad ur home. I just discovered that if I use a medicine syringe to take in at least my protein I am getting more down. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's helping. Just thought I'd share.

I had my surgery on Tuesday as well' date=' and I feel like my stomach has finally started going down. Feeling really good today. I'm ready to get out of the house. Tired of laying around watching tv. Thinking about going to get a pedicure. :)[/quote']

I def suggest getting out, walking through the park, mall, GNC etc. and making sure to bring your liquids lol...I actually started walking around my neighborhood the afternoon I left the Hospital. It def prevents blood clots, helps the gas release, and keeps your mind off of just the surgery in general. I noticed laying around makes me feel everything from trapped gas, to stomach pains and swollen belly. Throw some comfortable sweats and sneakers on and just walk, it def helps.

Surgery date was the 14th. I am supposed to get down 48 oz of liquids and 40 grams of Protein. There is absolutely no way. It's 5pm and I have only managed 10 oz of Water and 3 oz of Isopure. I keep getting really sharp pains across my abdomen and up into my chest, last all but a few seconds. Other than that the belly pain is at a 4 inbetween lortab doses. @TStorm yes I have had diarrhea as well. So embarrassed, thought I was only passing gas and had to go change. My 18 yo daughter will never let me live that down. :o

I still haven't had a normal BM. It's a fine line and if I'm not careful I too will be in that situation. It's like everytime after I eat or when was on just liquids after I had a non fruit juice or something with more carbs I could almost time it.

Feeling better each day. Sleeved on the 14th and down four pounds. Having a hard time getting all the liquid in. This was my first day home' date=' so tomorrow will be more regimented with Protein and liquid.[/quote']

Congrats Phillynurse! I was sleeved the same day. I just woke up and realized it's been 5.5 hours since a pain pill! So it definitely is getting easier!

Question-has anyone not been given the 2 week pre op diet and only given 4 to 7 days that is a lower BMI? My surgery is Tuesday afternoon and I start on all liquids tomorrow. The nurse told me since I am at a lower weight that I didn't need to do the entire 2 weeks because it had to do with the size of my liver. I tried to start yesterday and I have no control. Has anyone HONESTLY not followed the pre-op diet?

I have a low BMI and my doctor didn't say that I needed to be on a 2 week liquid diet. He suggested I do a high Protein, low carb diet.

I've been trying to follow the 2 week liquid diet though and it's hard >.< So I've been doing Protein Shakes and whatever for dinner.< /p>

1 week before I'll be doing all liquids/ all Clear Liquids for sure though. I'm going to try to stay strong.

Anyone else with a low BMI and any more information on this?

Please let me know what your doctor says when you go in for your surgery? I still have 10 days to go... so excited!

10 days post op and I'm in...... ONE-derland!!!!!

Yay!!!! Haven't been here in 6 looooong years! 64 to go :)

HW 227 CW 199 GW 135

I am 5 days post op. I'm not going to lie, today is a tough one for me. I've woken up weak with very little energy and VERY Grouchy!! My post op diet instructions were to focus on my 64+ ounces of Fluid and take Protein only if feeling weak or hungry. I've had no hunger/weakness until today and it's really setting in. I drank some protein enriched hot cocoa today that has helped some and still plugging away at my liquids..... The plus side is I've lost 8lbs since surgery :) Thanks for letting me vent.....

I haven't been pushing myself or anything this last week, just taking it easy but yesterday seemed rough. I slept 10 hours during the day was up for maybe 3 then slept another 8. Yesterday, when I was awake I was jittery. Like I had too much caffeine or something. And still super cold even though it was warm in the house. I hate this not getting warm business. What's the deal with it the anesthesia or something?

10 days post op and I'm in...... ONE-derland!!!!!

Yay!!!! Haven't been here in 6 looooong years! 64 to go :)

HW 227 CW 199 GW 135

That's amazing! Congrats!!

I haven't been pushing myself or anything this last week' date=' just taking it easy but yesterday seemed rough. I slept 10 hours during the day was up for maybe 3 then slept another 8. Yesterday, when I was awake I was jittery. Like I had too much caffeine or something. And still super cold even though it was warm in the house. I hate this not getting warm business. What's the deal with it the anesthesia or something?[/quote']

I've been feeling the need to set the heat a few degrees higher. I'm 6 days out.

I've been feeling the need to set the heat a few degrees higher. I'm 6 days out.

My doctor said that I would probably always be cold which is awesome since I live in the desert!