Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

When do you get to start solids? My doc recommended a 21 day liquid diet....thankfully, I'm halfway there (surgery on Feb. 4). Do you think some "real food" will help being so tired?

Oh - and am tracking my blood pressure, believe they will lower my BP meds next week!!!!! I have lost 21 lbs with surgery and pre-op diet!!! :)

this is what really makes me smile -- get off those meds! That's the best part of the journey! Getting healthier! So proud of you!!

When do you get to start solids? My doc recommended a 21 day liquid diet....thankfully' date=' I'm halfway there (surgery on Feb. 4). Do you think some "real food" will help being so tired?

Oh - and am tracking my blood pressure, believe they will lower my BP meds next week!!!!! I have lost 21 lbs with surgery and pre-op diet!!! :)[/quote']

21 days of liquid post op? I couldn't do anything but wet my whistle yesterday. Today all Clear Liquids and tomorrow I start puree for 4-6 weeks

im setting my mind that it wont be as bad as i think - yeah' date=' stomach soreness of course, but i really do have a high tolerance for pain and i do recouperate pretty quickly. I'll be sure to post when i get to that point. Mind set is everything!![/quote']

The way I went in to it was roll with it. Didn't expect this or that I just took it as it came and it seemed to of worked really well .

I wish everyone else the best of luck and a speedy recovery

21 days of liquid post op? I couldn't do anything but wet my whistle yesterday. Today all clear liquids and tomorrow I start puree for 4-6 weeks

I know! A close friend was sleeved on 1/24, she was almost immediately on soft foods. I don't want to do anything to hurt my sleeve, so I am following the doctor's recommendations. Just really excited to have some cottage cheese or refried Beans next Sunday! The full liquid diet is not very exciting....but I am losing a bunch of weight!

Hi! I was sleeved a few days ago (2/12/13) and I'm so glad this forum exists! I haven't weighed myself yet because I was planning on doing it weekly. Is that a good idea?

Hi! I was sleeved a few days ago (2/12/13) and I'm so glad this forum exists! I haven't weighed myself yet because I was planning on doing it weekly. Is that a good idea?

I had my hubby hide the scale...I plan to do the same!

Boy my first day at home was exhausting lol! My only goal was getting in liquids and Protein. My doctor told me my goal for the first few days is 48 ounces of liquids and 30gram protein. Next week is again full liquid with 64 ounces liquids and 60 to 80 grams protein.

It takes me about 10 minutes to drink an ounce so this is all day job. Anyone have issues with diarrhea? Sorry I know kind of gross...

Boy my first day at home was exhausting lol! My only goal was getting in liquids and Protein. My doctor told me my goal for the first few days is 48 ounces of liquids and 30gram protein. Next week is again full liquid with 64 ounces liquids and 60 to 80 grams protein.

It takes me about 10 minutes to drink an ounce so this is all day job. Anyone have issues with diarrhea? Sorry I know kind of gross...

Raises hand! Me! Blech!

Raises hand! Me! Blech!

I noticed it when I started drinking the Protein. I think my mom is a bit freaked out lol..but at least the gas is getting out of there!!!

As to the scale..there is NO way I would weigh myself now. I can tell my belly is still a bit bloated. I am not going to weigh myself until my two week follow up with my doctor.

I was sleeved on 2/14. Home yesterday. I'm a bit sore and a lot tired but nowhere near as bad as I expected. Anyone else freezing? Stairs have not been a problem for me.... AND 4oz is now SO MUCH MORE than I thought before surgery! :) Before surgery I thought "how am I going ton ONLY drink 8oz?" Now I'm thinking "How am I going to drink 4 oz?!" Lol!

YES! Very COLD

I'm never cold so it's weird!

I hope it goes away!

Yeah I GAINED a few lbs from day of surgery to day I got home. I didn't panic though because I KNOW the weight will come off. Just a matter of time. :)

When do you get to start solids? My doc recommended a 21 day liquid diet....thankfully' date=' I'm halfway there (surgery on Feb. 4). Do you think some "real food" will help being so tired?

Oh - and am tracking my blood pressure, believe they will lower my BP meds next week!!!!! I have lost 21 lbs with surgery and pre-op diet!!! :)[/quote']

I had surgery the same day. My doctor has already told me I can go back to a regular diet and to chew really well. I have a friend who uses the same doctor and she is 7 weeks out and on a very strict diet from him.

I am not sure exactly why the difference. I know I am way ahead of what they were expecting so I that might be the reason.

Good for you Tstorm!!! I'm glad it went well. Mine did too! I'm already 11 days post op and not an ounce of problems. I'm still on my phase 2 diet which is still just clear liquids and Protein Shakes. Cannot wait till Monday to start full liquids!! Tomato Soup will taste so good! I have absolutely no regrets!! My incisions are healed nicely. And I dropped 2 pant sizes already from size 22 to size 18. Thrilled!!!!

Oh and big news!! For the first time in 15 years my doctor took me off Lipitor!! Hooray!!! It's so nasty tasting when crushed too!!!

Hi, all. I was sleeved 2/4/13. I had an uneventful surgery and so far an uneventful recovery. I have lost 15 lbs since surgery date and 31 total counting pre-op diet. I advance to soft on Monday. I am totally bored with Protein Shakes. I go back to work Tuesday and I am looking forward to that too. I just noticed today that my stomach spasms have stopped. First day without them and I am happy about that, too.