Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one in utah want to talk

I changed my name from LB012907 to trishd. I am being banded on Monday 1/29 and trying to absorb all of this great info. from you the experts.

It is good to know that others have been successfully banded from Dr. Hansen or Alldredge. Did any of you have a pre-op diet? I never heard of it before this website. I did give up Diet Coke for good this week. :think I was more addicted than I thought. I have been craving Diet Coke, but not food. I have been very irritable and tired.:mad:

I have been eating normal and wondering if you prepped your system before hand. What's my hurry right, I have 4 more days!

Hi again Trish! I didn't have a pre-op diet and I'm glad. :mad: I kind of had last supper syndrome and pretty much ate whatever I wanted, but I didn't overdo it. I've been surprised that I can still pretty much eat anything, I thought I would have to give up a lot of things like sushi, steak, toast. But I've been ok with everything so far.

Funny you should mention the Diet Coke. I had a dream the other night that I drank some coke and I felt so bad in my dream. I was relieved to wake up and realize that I didn't really drink it. It's on my mind, obviously.

I'm excited for you...4 more days! I bet you can't wait. Keep us updated!

Sandy I found out the dates for the general support group for February. Wed, Feb 7 at 7 pm and Sat, Feb 17 at 10 am. I will going to the Wenesday meeting because I'll be out of town on the 17th. I hope you can come...I would love to meet you!

hey Trish welcome! Good luck on the 29th. I did have a pre-op diet for a week, and it was hard...and then liquids for the next week after...it was super hard....and talk about cranky!!! Forget about it!!!! My poor kids! Anyway luckily that is behind me! The only food I have had problems with has been hamburger, and cold cereal....(a little tight in the mornings)

How did the fill go Sandy....I am sure that the eating is mostly the fill problem....When I first got my first fill....I was so full all the time...couldn't eat more than half a cup...and never thought about cake, or ice cream or candy....now the fill is a little loser, and I think about all those yummy things....you will do great as soon as you reach your sweet spot....don't be so hard on yourself...this is a difficult process, and I definitely have done my share of eating the wrong foods....and at least I am not eating them in the quantities that I was before the band! Take care everybody.....how is the cookie dough situation JD???

Bad week for me last week. I think the cookie dough was a bad idea. Ha ha! Now I'm back up to 195-196 and I am NOT happy about it. I threw away the cookie dough and I'm starting fresh this week!

Good luck to everyone! And it's Trish's surgery day today!! Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

I am still here- had my first fill through fillcentersusa in Murray, but I'm feeling pretty discouraged as I am not feeling any restriction at all. I'm due for another in 2 1/2 weeks and will be sure to get that done and hopefull it will help more than the first fill did.

Cookie dough-eh? My daughter is addicted to the stuff,lol.

Also -Trish- I had to give up the diet coke as well and it was awful. I found a lovely new substitute to keep me happy and awake though- Jolt makes GUM. It's like love, only chewy. ;)

Hi again Sunny!! It's good to hear from you again. I didn't start feeling restriction until my 3rd fill (had 4 now) and I'm still now super restricted. I can still eat bread and I've never had a PB. I have had some chest pain before though...usually when I eat too fast or take a big bite without chewing it enough. I'm hoping that I will be able to hit my sweet spot with my next fill on Feb 12.

The one thing I regret about this whole thing is that I have to go all the way to Sandy for fills or support groups. SIGH.I really like Dr. Hansen and staff but I have an extremely busy life right now and taking a half of a day to get a fill due to the travelling is no good. For that reason i'm really hoping that the first fill gives me some restriction again because I probably won't be able to schedule another in for another month.

Anyway, 2 more days until my first filll and thanks to all of you, I am not worried at ALL. Just looking forward to feeling like I have some control again.

how's everyone else doing?

happy monday everyone. mypov when you go in for your fill ask for a little bit more than normal. I know they are careful. but usually the first fill doesn't do much. in a 4 cc band I had 1 cc my first fill and couldn't tell the difference. then .4 the only difference I feel now is like JDru I feel pain in my chest if I eat to fast or too big of bites and don't chew enough. got to go finish later

Hey guys, my fill went just fine. No pain or anything. Sandra- The nurse would only give me 1 cc. I don't know yet if I have restriction since of course I just moved to mushies for the rest of today and was on liquids since after the fill yesterday. Anyway- I hope it gives me some restriction, but if not I set another appointment for 3 weeks.

mypov hopefully you will feel something. but now that you are on mushies, take this time to regroup and plan some low cal meals. start slow and work your way up to solids. not that you need to but because you want to. good luck.. we'll be here to support each other..

mypov how are you doing now that you can eat soldis?

I don't have another fill until February 12. My weight has been ALL over the place the last week. I was up to 196 on Monday, down to 190 on Friday and today I was 192. Why can't I lose consistently?? It's frustrating. I did take my measurements tonight and I am losing inches, but I want to see a change on the scale too!

Sandy are you going to the support group on Wednesday night?

Hmmm...where is everyone?? I've been really busy with work the past 2 weeks and I'm going out of town for the long weekend. I'm doing ok with my weight loss...my clothes are definitely fitting better. I hope everyone is doin well!

sorry I am such a bum. didn't go to the support group. I was taking care of grandkids. or else having parent teacher conferences. it was a blur last week. my weight loss is up and down.. down 4 up 4 etc etc... I have been in a binging stage... you know when you hate yourself for not having the will power to stop it. I am hoping for a good swift kick in the butt to get into control. hope everyone is doing well.