Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one in utah want to talk

Sandy, you didn't miss much at the support group. I think I learn more online than at the support groups...but it's nice to meet other lap band people in person. Maybe next time we can meet up!

You have lost 50 pounds!! That is great...more than 10 pounds per month! I ate half a bag of potato chips last week so you're not alone in the binging department. It's hard some days, I know. But you are doing really well, don't be so hard on yourself. :)

thanks for the support. I really feel worthless when I mess up. I try to understand why I would sabotage myself but I can't make any sense of it. like right now I really want to have a bowl of sugar Cereal but I really don't want to.. will I give in... why why do I have this fight??

sorry I really appreciate your helping... sandy

I find I do better if I do allow myself to have a little bit of whatever I want. Like instead of eating half the bag of potato chips, I'll put some in a bowl and then I usually forget that I want more. Of course there are some times that I take the whole bag of chips...I think a lot of it is in my head. When I deprive myself I usually end up binging. And today all I felt like eating was candy. And that's pretty much what I did. Bad day.

So don't feel alone...I am trying to work through things too. It helps to know that other people are going through the same things. :mad:

I saw Dr. Muse last night in Salt Lake and I am VERY impressed!! He was so kind and thoughtful, he listened to all I had to say and seemed genuinely concerned. He tried 2 pokes and couldn't hit the port so we went and got Fluoro. I give him a thumbs up :confused:

I have been using Dr. Muse also as my aftercare doc. I switched to him after going to my surgeon's office in Reno, Nevada for 6 months with little to no help. I love Dr. Muse. I wish I would have switched to him sooner.

Hi Jenn and food Stamp Champ!!

I've just been doing so-so for the past month. I haven't lost ANY weight, but I have lost inches. It's just so frustrated not to see a change on the scale. Then I get discouraged and I don't follow all of the rules. I promise to start anew on Monday and get back to the gym too. This is hard work!!

Hi. Thanks for the note.

I too have committed to exercising. I have to admit, I am stuck and not losing much the last 3 months, I just started exercising this past week and am determined for my band to keep working!

Hope you are all doing well!

Jenn

I too had not been losing much weight the first 5 months or so. Actually I had lost plenty, but I was struggling just like I had before I had surgery. I was really starting to think I had wasted my time and money (I am a self pay) when I switched to Dr. Derek Muse in Salt Lake City as my aftercare doc. Best thing that ever happened to me. I have been going to him since January 9th. Since Jan 9th, I have gone from 234 to 208. Still having to work my band, but not as hard. He is WONDERFUL, sympathetic, emphathetic, and wants you to do as good as you want to do yourself. The best bed side manner of any doc I have seen so far. We will all get there, the most important thing I have to keep telling myself is that I DO HAVE TO EXERCISE! If I do that, I do great.

I'm going into get a fill tomorrow...I really need one! Starting to go back to the gym as of tomorrow also. I haven't been since the beginning of February! Good luck this week everyone!!

Hi fellow Utahn bandsters! Actually, i'm not a bandster yet but will be in TWO days--can't wait! I'm nervous and excited. I'm going to Dr. Hansen--sounds like many of you go to him as well. Maybe we will meet at a support group after I do the first three specialized groups. I'm definitely a newbie!

A little about me: I was born in Provo but only lived here for a few months before my family moved to SLC. I lived there until I got married at 18 (too young! but have been married 39 years tomorrow so I feel very blessed). After marriage we moved a lot with DH's employment: Denver, Baton Rouge, Lynchburg (VA), West Chester (PA), and, most recently, Tokyo, Japan. We have been back for 4 years now. I have 10 children (all boys but 9) and three grandsons plus two more due in July and one more grandbaby this year in October--maybe our first granddaughter? Probably not. We do love our boys!

My parents still live in SLC. Dad (80 years old) was taken to LDS hospital last night with some breathing problems. Having a transfusion now and lots of tests. I do believe he'll be fine once he gets the transfusion and some good hydration. I will spend tomorrow with him and then my sister will stay with him Monday along with my Mom (I told my sister last night about my surgery--I'm only telling on a need-to-know basis except for my kids and husband). My mom is the last person I want to know about it--she exaggerates everything and dramatizes normal things and I just don't want to be the subject of all of that. And she would worry. No need to alarm her.

So, that's basically my life in a nutshell. I didn't start gaining serious weight until about my 4th child and since then there has been no stopping me (except, of course, for the many diets and gain backs!).

Glad to have found you! Hope all is going well and that you are all happy with your bands. Hope to meet you soon. Wish me luck on Monday. Karen

Hi fellow Utahn bandsters! Actually, i'm not a bandster yet but will be in TWO days--can't wait! I'm nervous and excited. I'm going to Dr. Hansen--sounds like many of you go to him as well. Maybe we will meet at a support group after I do the first three specialized groups. I'm definitely a newbie!

A little about me: I was born in Provo but only lived here for a few months before my family moved to SLC. I lived there until I got married at 18 (too young! but have been married 39 years tomorrow so I feel very blessed). After marriage we moved a lot with DH's employment: Denver, Baton Rouge, Lynchburg (VA), West Chester (PA), and, most recently, Tokyo, Japan. We have been back for 4 years now. I have 10 children (all boys but 9) and three grandsons plus two more due in July and one more grandbaby this year in October--maybe our first granddaughter? Probably not. We do love our boys!

My parents still live in SLC. Dad (80 years old) was taken to LDS hospital last night with some breathing problems. Having a transfusion now and lots of tests. I do believe he'll be fine once he gets the transfusion and some good hydration. I will spend tomorrow with him and then my sister will stay with him Monday along with my Mom (I told my sister last night about my surgery--I'm only telling on a need-to-know basis except for my kids and husband). My mom is the last person I want to know about it--she exaggerates everything and dramatizes normal things and I just don't want to be the subject of all of that. And she would worry. No need to alarm her.

So, that's basically my life in a nutshell. I didn't start gaining serious weight until about my 4th child and since then there has been no stopping me (except, of course, for the many diets and gain backs!).

Glad to have found you! Hope all is going well and that you are all happy with your bands. Hope to meet you soon. Wish me luck on Monday. Karen

Welcome Karen!

Congratulations on your surgery! :clap2: Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Let us know how you are doing when you are able to.

Audrey's back!! How are you doing??

Good luck tomorrow Karen! Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it. :eek:

Hi Jessica!

I dont know what happened... I have been unable to login for months, and all of a sudden it worked the other day. Very strange!

I'm doing well. I'm officially at 51 pounds! Yay! Although, I have been traveling a lot for work again, and that is really making life difficult! I went to Seattle last week, and was in seafood heaven. Next week I'll be in Orlando for the entire week. It's hard to eat well when you're on the road and hitting restaurants or room service for all of your meals.

How are you doing?

Thanks for welcoming me here and for your good wishes. Just got home from the surgery center and ready for a nap but things went will. Just waiting for Dh to bring me some chicken broth and loritab. They ended up dong a hiatal hernia repair (didn't know I had it) so I may have a bit more discomfort but the incisions aren't hurting and I feel good--just a little pressure when I take deep breaths, which I need to do a lot to get my oxygen up. anyway, off to dreamland (I hope). Karen

Karen I'm so glad that everything is going well for you! Sip your Water and walk around as much as you can. :(

Audrey: Congrats on your weight loss!! You are doing so great!

I'm doing well. February was a hard month for me...I was traveling a lot, not eating well and not exercising. I kept gaining and losing the same 4-5 pounds. I got a fill last Monday and I think that has helped. I was down to 189 at the end of February...got up to 195 (yikes!!) and then back down to about 193. Now I'm at 187ish and I'm hoping I'll be able to shed some more pounds here soon.