Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one in utah want to talk

I had my second fill today in SLC. It went weird. So far I have felt nearly zero restriction and it has been so frustrating, I feel like I am the one person this does not work on. I have let quite a bit of time lapse between fill visists because I am so freakin discouraged.

I went today and my Dr ( who is new to giving fills, at fill 1 I was patient #2, now he has done over 40 more since my first visit) anyway- I should have had almost 3cc's in my band and I had none.

He thinks maybe the needle slipped last time and he has since learned to really tell if he is in the port and he showed me all he learned and was using a different method and even syringe type and this time, I felt something different. When i drank Water, I felt my throat get tight and we took some out until it didn't feel like that.

I later had some of a thick milkshake ( I know, bad) and it actually felt tight. I have not felt that before. I felt full for hours today and feel my chest is alittle tight when I drink anything.

I am excited and have hope. All of this time I have not lost weight and felt like it was me. Some things would get stuck, but it was confusing, I couldn't eat 3 bites of a bagel, but I could eat a whole bag of baked Lays, no problem. I couldn't eat french toast, but I could eat 5 pancakes in one sitting. Now I feel like something is different.

If I do not feel tight after a few days then it means my lap band is faulty and the problem. But it kept the original .5 cc's Dr Huacuz put in it just fine for the month and a half it took me to schedule my first fill just fine, I am thinking my Dr. accidentally was not in the port when he fille dme the whole time. He was in there at first because I wtahced him remove the .5cc's and we think he must have pulled it out before putting in more saline.

So maybe I will finally start to lose weight and this will finally start happening for me. So far--- I am UP two pounds from my surgery---bleah. But something is different now and I am excited.

Hungry today, but excited.

Glad to hear things went well, Karen! Make sure to do a lot of walking! I swear that's what helped me the most. I walked around the block every morning and afternoon. It took me forever because I was going so slow, but I am certain it helped. I only had to take some liquid tylenol for pain on the 2nd day. Hopefully you don't have too much pain!

Jessica - I've had a couple of ups to, especially when I travel. I had a fill last week, but still don't feel much restriction. I have 1.8 cc's right now. I'm beginning to wonder if I stretched the pouch or something. I can eat a lot before feeling full! Sometimes almost 2 cups, if I don't watch out. I really need to step up the exercise! I plan to go buy a bicycle next payday so I can start riding around the neighborhood now that it's staying light out later.

I had my second fill today in SLC. It went weird. So far I have felt nearly zero restriction and it has been so frustrating, I feel like I am the one person this does not work on. I have let quite a bit of time lapse between fill visists because I am so freakin discouraged.

I went today and my Dr ( who is new to giving fills, at fill 1 I was patient #2, now he has done over 40 more since my first visit) anyway- I should have had almost 3cc's in my band and I had none.

He thinks maybe the needle slipped last time and he has since learned to really tell if he is in the port and he showed me all he learned and was using a different method and even syringe type and this time, I felt something different. When i drank Water, I felt my throat get tight and we took some out until it didn't feel like that.

I later had some of a thick milkshake ( I know, bad) and it actually felt tight. I have not felt that before. I felt full for hours today and feel my chest is alittle tight when I drink anything.

I am excited and have hope. All of this time I have not lost weight and felt like it was me. Some things would get stuck, but it was confusing, I couldn't eat 3 bites of a bagel, but I could eat a whole bag of baked Lays, no problem. I couldn't eat french toast, but I could eat 5 pancakes in one sitting. Now I feel like something is different.

If I do not feel tight after a few days then it means my lap band is faulty and the problem. But it kept the original .5 cc's Dr Huacuz put in it just fine for the month and a half it took me to schedule my first fill just fine, I am thinking my Dr. accidentally was not in the port when he fille dme the whole time. He was in there at first because I wtahced him remove the .5cc's and we think he must have pulled it out before putting in more saline.

So maybe I will finally start to lose weight and this will finally start happening for me. So far--- I am UP two pounds from my surgery---bleah. But something is different now and I am excited.

I understand how you feel! I am beginning to wonder why I'm not feeling much restriction.

I'm glad that it feels like it worked for you this time! I hope that it did so that you don't feel that discouragement any longer!

Ugh...fills! I'm up to 2.4 cc now in a 4 cc band and I've just barely started to feel good restriction. I think it just takes a while to get to the right spot. I'm almost there, but not quite. I've noticed I can still eat a cup or so when I eat, but I'm hardly ever hungry now.

who is doing your fills if I may ask?

Hello fellow utahans. Is that a word. Karen good luck with your recovery. It sounds like you are doing great. My name is Sandy and I live in Orem. I started out at 320 pounds in September and I have lost 60 pounds. But I know how it feels to not loose or do the up and down jig. It took me 7 weeks to loose and gain and reloose etc... the same 10 pounds. I did really well at first and slowed way down. but hopefully I am reaching the sweet spot fill. I get stuff stuck all the time. and feel fun most of the time. I think another 1cc should do it. I go again next week. It would really good if I could take care of the head hunger too. I want to change that and not crave food all the time. like now...

How are you doing Jess? I think it is time for us to get with it. how often are you getting fills. I am at every two weeks. Haven't been to a support group yet. Are they worth going to. thought I would try the next night one..

welll, everyone have a good tomorrow sandy

Hey! Just noticed this thread. Word up, Utah. I'm curious to know how many of us were banded at SV Surgical. Love those guys.

Hi Sandy!! I'm glad you posted...I was wondering how you were doing. I've been doing ok. Like I said before I'm still trying to find my sweet spot, but I'm getting better. I've been going for fills every 3-4 weeks or so. I was out of town for the last support meeting, but I'll go to the one in April. When I find out the date, I'll let you know! :mad:

60 pounds is awesome!! I definitely struggle with head hunger a lot too. In fact tonight I did with potato chips (one of my worst weaknesses). I ate way too fast and felt sick for about 30 minutes. Not fun. I haven't had a PB yet...but I've had pain and felt stuck quite a few times. I need to eat slower and chew better!

Hey! Just noticed this thread. Word up, Utah. I'm curious to know how many of us were banded at SV Surgical. Love those guys.

Wow! You guys are such an inspiration with your weight losses. Good for you! It makes me think maybe this could happen to me! Hooray.

I was banded Monday at SV Surgical--they were awesome.

Right now I'm having some trials as my Dad was diagnosed last night with colon cancer and I wasn't able to go be with the family because I was pretty miserable 1-day post op. But today I was able to drive to SLC (I live in Provo) and spent 6 hours there with him. Tomorrow I'm going to try to go up in the morning to meet with Hospice and then Friday I'll go to the dr. with them before I go back to work for my first day. I have a desk job so I think i'll be okay but I'm not having quite the slow and careful recovery that I planned on. i just want to be there for my family. i'm the oldest child and feel so helpless trying to help my sweet Dad and supporting my family.

Keep up the good work on your weight loss. You are an inspiration! Karen

Karen,

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I will be sure to keep you both in my prayers.

Try to take it as easy as possible during this recovery stage.

Take Care,

Audrey

Hey Puddin!

What an inspiration you are!

Congrats on your success.

I was banded by Dr. Alldredge as SV Surgical. I just love those folks too. Vivienne is the best!

I'll admit I've been feeling a bit frutrated lately, but seeing how well you've done has made me feel better about the process.

Thanks for sharing!

Karen I am so, so sorry to hear about your dad! Please keep us updated. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Puddin! There are quite a few of us from SV Surgical here. Your new pics are awesome btw!!

hello all, karen I am so sorry about your dad. take care of yourself in all this. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Puddin, wow. I loved your pictures. help me out here. share alittle of your enthusiasm. How are you managing head hunger.?? we all seem to be struggling with that right now.:help: old habits die hard... Sandy

Puddin, wow. I loved your pictures. help me out here. share alittle of your enthusiasm. How are you managing head hunger.?? we all seem to be struggling with that right now.:help: old habits die hard... Sandy

Gosh, head hunger is still a big problem for me, you guys. I'm truly not the model bandster and I'll tell you why: The reason I've lost so much is not because I only eat 1,000 calories a day or anything like that. I actually probably eat around 2,000/day. I just work out all the freakin' time. I replaced obsession with food with obsession with exercise. Sorry y'all. Wish I could give you more. I am passionate about exercise, however. If I have a free minute I'm either biking, running, swimming, playing soccer, or traveling. I suppose having something to do every spare minute keeps me from eating by default. But since I can eat a lot, I do, and I need to in order to keep up with the physical activity. But see, I'm not married, don't have kids, and broke up with the boyfriend 3 months ago, so I have all kinds of free time for the physical activity. But you can reach that goal through calorie deficit, whether it be through food or through exercise. So if you don't have time for tons of exercise, keep on top of those fills and have low-cal Snacks around that fill you up. A few triscuts always filled me up when I had good restriction. That restriction has since gone since I've lost quite a bit more since the last fill. Funny how weight loss affects your fills.

Hey all you Utah Banders,

My name is Ashlee and I have just found this site. I was banded April Fool's Day 2004 by Dr Hansen and I love it. I have started to have some weird problems with my band lately but I would do it again in a heart beat.

Hope to here from the Utah group.

Ash