Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one in utah want to talk

Dawnae I didn't start feeling really full until this last fill. Now I eat a few bites of something and I'm full for hours! Did you get a big fill or a small one? How was your weight loss once you finally got off the scale?

Hi everybody

Sandorelle, back stuff is the absolute worst. I am sorry to hear about your problems...that is depressing enough let alone the scale not moving....but it is impossible to excercise being in so much pain. Take care of yourself!!!

JD...I got 2.2 in my band....is that a lot or a little???? I am feeling restriction, but yesterday was very hard was still very hungry but of course was on the Clear liquids. I have to say I ate some string cheese just could not stand it!!! Today on full liquids...and already ate a bannanna....I could definitely feel that going down! Do you know why they make you go back to liquids after a fill??? Just curious. I am hoping it is not to prevent a slip or something bad like that.....since I can't control myself....imagine cheating with the band is eating cheese and a bannana....

ps.....according to my docs scale I was only down 13 pounds....so I was a little disappointed...however, my doc was very pleased with my progress, and asked if I had ever lost 13 pounds over the holidays.....NOOOOOOO so I am at peace with it! Have a great day everybody!

Dawnae 13 pounds is awesome!! Especially over the holidays. Do you know what size your band is...I have the one that holds 4 cc. There is also one that hold 10 cc. So if you have a 4 cc band, 2.2 cc is kind of a lot, but if you have the 10cc it's pretty normal from what I've read. It really just depends on your doctor...

They put you on liquids after a fill because your stomach can get irritated by the fill and they don't want you to eat solid food, have it get stuck or have a PB. I kind of cheated after my last fill too...couldn't take the liquids anymore! Just be careful!

jd...hey thanks for replying so quickly...I think he told me it holds 5 ccs....which freaks me out....because I don't think I have much restriction.....been hungry all day long.....of course still on liquids.....but I want to eat!!! There is cake in the fridge that I want so bad....I don't think I would want it if I could eat...I just have to throw it out...I am torturing myself!!! Why do I want to eat so bad after I went through all this trouble to get thin! It really makes me mad at myself......

Hey everyone...I hope you are all enduring this cold weather. It sucks! I went to Seattle this past weekend to get away from the snow and it even snowed in Seattle.

Anyway...how is everyone doing? Dawnae how is your fill, are you feeling more restriction? Sandra how is your back?

I got another fill today of .4 cc so I'm at 2.1 cc total. We'll see how it goes...I'm still losing pretty slowly.

Hi JDRU and everyone else. cold doesn't start to say how I feel. just want to climb into bed all day. I am a whimp when it comes to cold. anyway I have lost all my motivation to do this myself. I haven't lost permanently for about 6 weeks. just gain and loose, gain and loose. so next week I get my next fill. I am not too anxious to get one after listening to everyone but hopefully it will help. I have a 10 cc band and only have 1cc fill. well I have to go I think I need to be more positive. I'll try. oh yes tomorrow I am getting my second nerve block in my back. If it works again they will do something more permanent. I'll let you all know what happens. Have a great weekend - sandy

Sandy i just had the last of the 3 October support groups on Wednesday, but I will be coming to the next general support group. Will you be there too? It would be great to meet you!

It sounds like you will do better with a fill. It just takes time to find the right amount I guess. I hope your back is feeling better with your latest block. And you should be SO proud of your loss so far. 46 pounds is amazing!!!

JDru let me know when you find out the dates for February, I will make sure I come on the same day as you. That will be fun. I can come with a rose in my teeth so you can recognize me..

:clap2: My LB date is 1/29/07. Dr. Hansen is my doctor too. I live in Sandy. Hope you are hanging in there. I will be where you are soon. Keep me updated!

Welcome LB012907! I've had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hansen and the nurses there are great. Good luck on your surgery. Let us know if you have any questions!

So I have a new bad habit to confess...been eating cookie dough for three nights in a row!! I have a horrible sweet tooth and I need to step away from the sugar. Ugh...

Hope everyone is well...Dawnae are you out there??

Still here, just been busy, and internet was down for a while. You guys sound like you are doing pretty well. Lost another six pounds, but still feel like I could do with a little more restriction! February 13th is my next one. Okay here is my confession. I had 10 m-n-m's like two days in a row, and some cheetos!!! oh.....need that fill! I have a really hard time getting all the protien in!

Tomorrow I am going in for my 2nd fill. I am really excited. It seems like all I want to do is eat. I knew that this band wouldn't change my brain but there was always hope.

Welcome LB012907, do you have another name that would be easier for us than numbers.. I agree with JDru, My experience with Dr. hansen was great and the staff is wonderful. good luck and keeps us up dated.

I'm glad to hear you are doin ok Dawnae, I was wondering how you were doing. 6 pounds is great! I'm stuck bouncing the same 3 pounds the past couple of weeks.

Good luck with your fill tomorrow Sandy! I called Dr. Hansen today to try to get a fill appt next week and I couldn't get in until Feb 12. I guess they're busy! Let us know how it goes.