Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one in utah want to talk

You are all so kind--thank you so much. i spent the morning with my mom and one sister talking with hospice and making arrangements with them. Tomorrow we go to the dr. and, hopefully, learn more about the prognosis, etc. I start working again tomorrow so it will be a long day with driving to SLC from Provo, meeting with the dr., driving to Midway, working all day (thankfully a desk job), and then coming back home to Provo. But I'm feeling much better today--port pain is the worst. Tired of Clear Liquids and anxious for Sunday and mushies to come--can't wait for that. Cream of Wheat, mashed potates and butternut squash, here I come! Yummmm.

Thanks again. It's so nice to have your support. you are all awesome. karen

What hospice company are you using? I used to work for a couple different hospice company's. Good Luck with all that is on your plate right now, make sure you take care of yourself no one else can but you. I was a single mom with a 8 yr and 8 month old girls when I got my band and I did not allow my self the rest I needed and had problems with my scars healing one herniated and it stuck out about 1/2 inch. I hated it so much but never did anything to fix it till the beginning of this month I had Dr. Hansen fix it and boy it looks nice now. You could see it through my clothes it was bad. So don't forget yourself during this tough time I know how you want to help out your family but get some rest. Ok there is my Mom speech for the day. lol

Ash

Hey all you Utah Banders,

My name is Ashlee and I have just found this site. I was banded April Fool's Day 2004 by Dr Hansen and I love it. I have started to have some weird problems with my band lately but I would do it again in a heart beat.

Hope to here from the Utah group.

Ash

hey, Ashlee. Glad you found the site--I'm new to it myself. I was banded on Monday by Dr. Hansen as well. Hope your band problems work out--if you don't mind me asking, what do they think is the problem? Glad to hear you would do it again in a heartbeat. I believe I've done the right thing but with some personal problems this week it's harder to be excited about having just been banded. Have you been successful and lost the weight you hoped to when you started 3 years ago? I love success stories and want to be one! Good luck to you! Karen

What hospice company are you using? I used to work for a couple different hospice company's. Good Luck with all that is on your plate right now, make sure you take care of yourself no one else can but you. I was a single mom with a 8 yr and 8 month old girls when I got my band and I did not allow my self the rest I needed and had problems with my scars healing one herniated and it stuck out about 1/2 inch. I hated it so much but never did anything to fix it till the beginning of this month I had Dr. Hansen fix it and boy it looks nice now. You could see it through my clothes it was bad. So don't forget yourself during this tough time I know how you want to help out your family but get some rest. Ok there is my Mom speech for the day. lol

Ash

We went with CareSource. It's so hard to decide, isn't it? I volunteer for hopsice for utah but they don't have a facility in case we need it, which the dr.'s say we might because of the specific circumstances. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your advice--it's all true! Sometimes us moms just don't take care of ourselves like we should. I'm trying harder than I usually do to take care of myself. Part of my motivation is that we are self-pay and I don't want to pay for complications, if there is anything I can do to prevent them anyway. i know you can't always but I'm trying to give it a chance to heal well and in place. Life is a balance, isn't it????

I worked for Harmony Home Health and Care Giver's Support Network. I would recommend Caregiver's first. I have had daily vomiting for a little more than a year now. I have learned in the last couple of days that it is fairly common thing called PBing and sliming. I had an IUD put in about a year ago and my band was suddenly way to tight they took all the fill out and I have still been tight I think I have decided to take the IUD out and see if it is the cause of all my stress. My new husband is always so worried about me when I throw up he thinks I'm bulemic.

How do I get one of those ticker things?

I'm not extremely computer literate but did get mine to work by going to the ticker site (you can just click on tickerfactory.com above anyone's ticker or on the link I just typed in). After I got there, I just kind of felt my way around and created my own ticker. The trickiest part was that after you are done it shows you a url that you have to copy. So copy that and then go back to your user CP page on lapbandtalk (upper left hand corner of this page--white letters on blue background) and open that and then select signature. There is where you paste in the link that you copied. That's how I did it! Let me know if you have any questions or want me to walk you through it.

That post doesn't look very clear so I poked around and found a better explanation at: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/get-ticker-your-t16218.html

Good luck! Karen

Hello Ashlee welcome to our little group. Where does everyone live. I am in Orem. I am a resource teacher in pleasant grove. my husbands pet peeve is me messaging with out capitals or punctuation. I do it because I am lazy and it irritates him. i am 57 years old, originally from Calif, I have 6 kids. I was feeling terrible, hurting all over and feeling ugly. I too am self pay. 60 pounds down +-2 or 3. and I feel much better but not great.

Karen, don't push it. slow down and take care of yourself. Let your body heal.

time to go. have a wonderful day tomorrow. sandy

Welcome Ash!! I'm glad you joined us here. Did you get your ticker to work?

Good idea Sandy! We need to learn a little bit more about each other.

I live in the Avenues in SLC in an old polygamist house, I'm a social worker at non-profit, born and raised in SL, went to Olympus high school, U of U for undergrad and U of Chicago for grad school. Moved back to SL June 2003. I'm SO single and that can be a challenge here in Utah, given that I'm almost 29. I'm practically an old maid. :)

I live in the Avenues in SLC in an old polygamist house, I'm a social worker at non-profit, born and raised in SL, went to Olympus high school, U of U for undergrad and U of Chicago for grad school. Moved back to SL June 2003. I'm SO single and that can be a challenge here in Utah, given that I'm almost 29. I'm practically an old maid. :)

I felt the same way. I'm 28, too, and single... but once the weight came off the men came out of the woodwork. Randomly. I date a lot. Like at least 2-3 times a week (see my tri blog, it has doubled as my dating blog, I swear). So don't lose hope, even in Utah we can find someone.

It's fun to hear a bit about everyone. I'm 57 and was born in Provo but only lived there a few months until moving to SLC. Lived there until I was married (at 18--thankfully it worked out), have ten kids--all boys but nine--who range from 38 to 20 years. Our family has lived in Colorado, Virginia, Utah, Pennsylvania, and Tokyo. Our last excursion was four years in Tokyo with five of our children. We returned to the States almost four years ago and came back to Utah to be able to be with and help our aging parents. So I'm back where I started--in Provo.

I graduated from BYU in August at age 57--big day! All of our children came from all over the U.S. for the celebration. My husband retired and is working on his PhD in Math so we are here for awhile. I am a realtor and sit at very beautiful empty-nester model homes, right now in Midway near the Homestead. It's a fun, no-pressure job and I have lots of time to read, cross-stitch, smock, etc. while waiting for customers. I love helping people find and design their retirement home (wish I could afford one myself!). Today is my first day back at work and I'm very happy than no one has come in! Still quite sore in the port area from Monday's surgery but feeling TONS better today.

Update on my dad: I went to the dr. this morning and talked to him at length about the prognosis, etc. turns out the biopsy was negative but they still think it is cancer. They would have to remove the tumor and biopsy the center to know for sure and we aren't going to put him through that. So we have no idea how long he has or if this tumor will shorten his life at all. We are still going to use hospice, make him comfortable, and, hopefully, let him enjoy the rest of his life--be it 2 months or 3 years. You have all been so kind and supportive. I can't tell you how much that has meant to me.

This is an awesome group. So glad I found you! Karen

Funny Jessica!

If you're an old maid at 29, I hate to think of what I am at 36!

I certainly didn't think I would be in such a minority when I moved here. The first week I lived here, I was out working in the yard pruning roses, etc. and one of the little girls up the street asked me why I didn't have a husband to do that? :)

I live in Riverton, and have really grown to love the area! I moved here almost 2 years ago from California for work and it was the best move I could've made.

I work for T-Mobile as an Operations Manager for part of their Business Division. It's a pretty good job, and it requires quite a bit of travel which I enjoy.

I actually heard of Dr. Alldredge through one of the ladies at work. She had the surgery last June and is already down over 100 pounds!

Anywho - it's nice to meet everyone. Perhaps we'll run into each other at one of the support meetings?

Hello Folks, I'm Wendi. I'm new and just starting this whole process. I'm attending the initial orientation information seminar thingy offered by my surgeon (Dr. McKinley) on Tuesday. I'm excited and a little scared. Anyway, about me... I'm 36. I live in Sugarhouse. I work for the feds in probation. I'm recently married (at the ripe old age of 35 no less!). :) No kids and no plans for kids at the moment. I like to travel. I look forward to getting to know everyone and I really appreciate the support!