Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8) with somw good ****** (not pot' date=' just fruit tobacco)

I think this is what she said not pot[/quote']

Sheesha....its a Water pipe with fruit tobacco from the middle east. Lol i wonder who edits this stuff.

I confess:

1- I don't work out as much as I should but on those days I proclaim a mental health day. Sometimes read a book, organize a closet, take kids to the movies ( things I never had the energy to do before) and it feels wonderful!

2- I confess that when Protein Shakes make me gassy and I toot I blame it on the dogs cause human farts shouldn't smell this bad! PU

3- I confess that when people tell me how great I look I want to shout it from the rooftops. Unfortunately I start to wonder if my husband gets sick of me telling him all the compliments.

4- I confess that I purposely booked a trip right before Christmas to a waterpark instead of skiing/sledding ( like we normally do) so I could rock a cute swim suit. The kids don't seem mind.

5- I confess that I don't track calories or food intake but I have consistently lost and have not hit a stall. I'm around 10 weeks out

Wishing everyone here an amazing WLS journey!

We got this!

Sheesha....its a Water pipe with fruit tobacco from the middle east. Lol i wonder who edits this stuff.

The point people are trying to make for you is this: pre surgery your stomach has 5 blood vessels that supply blood. Most of those are removed when they remove your greater curve. When you smoke you increase the CO2 in your blood stream making it that much harder for your remaining blood vessels to keep your stomach alive and functioning correctly.

I know it's true confessions, and you should feel free to confess to anything, and maybe the occasional smoke won't hurt anything, who knows, but know your facts before you partake in something that could cause irreparable damage. (And before you say it's just Fruit Tobacco, not real tobacco, the mellow/relaxed feeling you get is the increased CO2 in your system causing you to feel sleepy, similar to CO2 poisoning. So yes, it's going to hurt you eventually.)

I smoke sheesha once every three mnths when i go out with the girls. Some ppl on this thread have gone back to cigarettes which i never smoked before and wont start. So i am very well aware of what i am doing. Thanks for the lecture :)

More confessions: (I confessed about a month and a half ago)

6) I confess that I don't tell people that I have had this surgery. Reason being if they tell me I'm cheating or anything of that nature I will have to punch them in the face.

7) I confess I feel that I don't deserve all this weight I am losing. I have had to try so hard in the past because of my pcos and hypothyroid and I would lose maybe 20lbs and then gain it back much more. Compared to those days...this seems easy breezy, because I'm not completely starving.

8) I confess that I hate skinny people who can eat whatever they want!

9) I confess that I at 3 bites of a McDouble yesterday (for the first time in my life I had a McDouble) I have my monthly (sorry men) and had a craving so I allowed myself, had 3 bites and now that craving is gone.

10) I confess that I have some kind of body dysmorphia. I don't see myself as looking different at all and as of today I have lost 58 pounds. How can you not see 58 pounds. I keep monthly photos and measurements, so that helps. I can see it when I look at the pictures.

More confessions: (I confessed about a month and a half ago)

6) I confess that I don't tell people that I have had this surgery. Reason being if they tell me I'm cheating or anything of that nature I will have to punch them in the face.

7) I confess I feel that I don't deserve all this weight I am losing. I have had to try so hard in the past because of my pcos and hypothyroid and I would lose maybe 20lbs and then gain it back much more. Compared to those days...this seems easy breezy' date=' because I'm not completely starving.

8) I confess that I hate skinny people who can eat whatever they want!

9) I confess that I at 3 bites of a McDouble yesterday (for the first time in my life I had a McDouble) I have my monthly (sorry men) and had a craving so I allowed myself, had 3 bites and now that craving is gone.

10) I confess that I have some kind of body dysmorphia. I don't see myself as looking different at all and as of today I have lost 58 pounds. How can you not see 58 pounds. I keep monthly photos and measurements, so that helps. I can see it when I look at the pictures.[/quote']

Having just been in with my therapist yesterday, the whole body dysmorphia thing is tricky. Even in photos (the ones I've taken) I can't see it. I wish I could! I'd like to see the numbers on the scale reflected in the mirror, or at least in my head, where it really matters.

I confess that Aunt Flo has awful, terrible timing! No visits for a year, then out of nowhere, hello! I don't dare step on a scale until she's hella gone! (Sorry to the gentleman here.)

I confess that my fear of failure has controlled my life- every aspect. But I'm sick of being afraid all the time. So, I met a friend for dinner that I hadn't seen since before I gained all my weight. She wasn't uncomfortable around me or humiliated by me. It was a wonderful thing to be around someone out in public again!

I confess that I'm worried I will stop showing a loss now that I'm on the Soft Phase of the program. Especially since I'm unable to drink the Protein Drinks to get the Protein in, but I see my calories going up. I'm still not brave enough to eat 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day.

I confess that even having lost some weight, doing the elliptical is kicking my butt! What a modern-day torture device!

I confess that I've never wanted a Screwdriver as badly as I do today! (And I rarely drink!)

* I confess that I have had a glass o of wine or 2 since my surgery...

* I confess that I think of food allllll the time....

* I confess that I've had a piece of fried chicken and felt so guilty I made my self sick...

* I confess that I absolutely HATE Protein drinks but still drink them...

* I confess that I miss all the old foods I can't eat now...

I confess...

*My eyes are still bigger than my stomach so many times I end up with a plate full of food I can't eat.

*Stalls scare the crap out of me. I feel like a failure and my thinking gets skewed and I binge...well as much as my sleeve will let me.

*Im mad they came out with all the "good" food after I got sleeved. pizza on garlic bread? !?! That's freakin genius! Lol

*I fall in and out of love with exercise.

*I downplay my weight loss to my friends who are overweight or who I know are jealous.

*I hate when people ask me about health/nutrition and I know theyre not serious. Why waste my time? And don't "act" serious about weight because the fat girl is getting ready to pass you up.

This feels good. May be back lol.

What you said on stalls is exactly my issue too!! Glad to know my secret is not only me.

With that...

1) I confess I eat 1 oz of dark chocolate s day

2) I confess that when I get discouraged or in a stall my old self tries to creep back in.

3) I confess I used a straw once... Or twice.

4) I confess I'm terrified I won't succeed and hit my goal weight.

5) I confess this is harder than I thought.

I confess, This procedure was the best thing to do for my health, but it has been hard on my relationship!

I confess, I STILL have issues with depression

I confess, i feel lonely and VST is an escape for me

I confess, I love to hear the complements but I wish they came from the heart of "loved ones"

I confess, I just going through a "season " in life and hope it dont last to long!

I confess, I might be Changing more than I KNOW how to deal with! (Scary!)

- I confess that I was sad when I heard the McRib was back. I really want one.

- I had a chocolate chip cookie yesterday

- I am afraid to loss my hair

- I am slave to the scale, but now only weigh myself once a week every Friday, starting last week.

- My husband gets on my Nerves telling me what to eat, while he is eating pizza 3 days a week.

- and the worst of all I didnt tell my mom about the surgery, because i did not want to hear her mouth about what I need to do to loss weight, although she smokes a pack a day.

(Sleeved Nov 7, 2012, Pre Surgery weight =312, Surgery =weight 300, Weight as of 11/30/12= 282!!! )

I confess...

- I haven't been to the gym in a month.

- I have weighed myself everyday this week (normally only 1-2x a week) because I'm SSSOOO close to the century club!

- I get really irritated with some people's "holier than thou" preachy' date=' opinionated attitudes on this site which makes me not post for fear of judgment and ridicule. Why can't we just all get along???

- I'm really sad about getting rid of all of my clothes. All I see is wasted (because I have A LOT of clothes).

- I've only told a few close friends this... I plan on staying single during this journey so I can see what kind of "ass I can pull" and truly enjoy the attention I get! ;)[/quote']

Amen to #3. I left the site for awhile. It's funny how some of us lose weight & become judgmental experts...smh!!!

Best thread ever...I don't know how I missed it.

I confess:

1. I'm losing control in every area of my life except for this diet. It used to be strict control on everything, except my diet. I've spent over 6,000 of my savings in the last few months, and I don't even remember on what. I've always been a die hard saver.

2. I'm over 3 months out and I still don't sleep through the night.

3. I lied to my surgeon about how many calories I'm eating when he told me I was losing too fast.

4. I've started drinking a skinny vanilla latte from Starbuck's twice a week, when I've always ridiculed people who pay 5 bucks for a coffee.

5. I need to be sitting on a therapist's couch, but I don't want to admit that I'm not normal after this surgery.

I confess I almost threw my Greek yogurt at my mom today when she said " should u be eatting that? It's fattening"

Seriously angered me :(

I confess I almost threw my Greek yogurt at my mom today when she said " should u be eatting that? It's fattening"

Seriously angered me :(

Would have angered me too. Probably would have tossed and just not hit her. My family doesn't give me a hard time. Thank God. I have read some of what people have had to endure and it makes me sad.