Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Shubox why was your surgery cancelled and then not??

T minus 12 hours and 13 minutes...

Shubox. WOW!! That's crazy! Well thank God they found the mess up and everything is a go!!! Best of luck my friend!!!! Keep in contact!

This is it, our last day of sleevers, by tomorrow night we will all be on loosers bench wow.... Good luck to everyone tomorrow and the very best of the surgeons and staff to get you through this...

8.31.12 ATLSara dr kelly mx

KAREN AKA readytolose2012 dr garcia in mexico

Frances AKA Frza Dr Aceves

Amy Kenneally AKA amykins-Dr Aceves

Jody House Pedersen AKA funnyfarm319 Dr Kelly TJ mx

Sheree Ebarb AKA shereebarb Tijuana with Dr. Garcia

Shubox Dr Myers Rush Chicago

theoklahoman - Dr Alvarez MX

Sara Hawker AKA ATLSara

I was sleeved on Tuesday a di must say the1st 24 hours were the worst I have ever experienced. And I've had a lot of surgeries so that is saying something. But everyone is right once you get past the first day it gets much better. I had dry heaves the first day constantly. The zofran' date=' patch, and protonix never helped. I finally told them no more drugs and let my system just get rid of everything. Now I'm about to go home and u feel a thousand times better. I can't get in a ton of Water but I am getting about 30 onces in. I really feel like once I stopped tAking all he pain meds and stuff thT really helped. Hope others don't have these issues because that first day I was really regretting this. But so much better now.[/quote']

I was sleeved Tuesday too. The nausea and vomiting was so bad, that my family had to leave because they started feeling sick looking at me. I vomited up so much dried blood and mucus that my neck, shoulders, and back are sore. It got much better after they put me on IV Nexium. I agree that it's getting better, and I also agree this was a lot more painful than my other two surgeries. I had the sleeve and a hiatal hernia repair. I'm glad the worst is over. I got in a little over 32oz of Fluid today, and I'll try to do better tomorrow. Cheers!

Since I wrote in here yes today about how miserable I was I should say today I feel quite a bit better. The foamies seem to have subsided and that helped a lot with lessening the nausea. I haven't been great about taking the meds because anytime I swallow I have that burning in my chest. I am able to do Popsicles without any problems and usually feel better after I have one... So that is my main Fluid intake as of now.

sleep is the best medecine. I have been sleeping on and off since I got home on Wednesday. I sleep for about an hour at a time maybe two on occasion and then I walk around my house for 10-20 minutes, have a Popsicle and lay back down. Occasionally trying to take in a Vitamin or med.

Hope everyone else is feeling better today too.

PS: any tips for the first shower?? I put it off a day because of how I felt yesterday and now I'm nervous about having to take the dressings off...ick.

Since I wrote in here yes today about how miserable I was I should say today I feel quite a bit better. The foamies seem to have subsided and that helped a lot with lessening the nausea. I haven't been great about taking the meds because anytime I swallow I have that burning in my chest. I am able to do Popsicles without any problems and usually feel better after I have one... So that is my main Fluid intake as of now.

sleep is the best medecine. I have been sleeping on and off since I got home on Wednesday. I sleep for about an hour at a time maybe two on occasion and then I walk around my house for 10-20 minutes' date=' have a Popsicle and lay back down. Occasionally trying to take in a Vitamin or med.

Hope everyone else is feeling better today too.

PS: any tips for the first shower?? I put it off a day because of how I felt yesterday and now I'm nervous about having to take the dressings off...ick.[/quote']

I was told to shower with the dressings on then change them after I get out. I did that & it made me feel much better.

I was told that I could bathe with no dressings and I don't put new ones on either. Had two showers since surgery on Tuesday and don't see any issues. no redness or anything Also must say I am thousand times better today!

Hi all! I just had my sleeve on Aug 28. Feeling pretty good today with hardly any nausea. First couple of days were rough with pain from the CO2 and nausea but no vomiting. Today Started full liquids and sipping my Protein Drink and Water with the medicine cup all day. I'm supposed to get 64 oz of fluids a day and it is hard!

I am so glad I found this site. Reading all of the posts and support peopele give each other is inspiring. Im glad to be on this journey with you!

Hi all! I just had my sleeve on Aug 28. Feeling pretty good today with hardly any nausea. First couple of days were rough with pain from the CO2 and nausea but no vomiting. Today Started full liquids and sipping my Protein drink and Water with the medicine cup all day. I'm supposed to get 64 oz of fluids a day and it is hard!

I am so glad I found this site. Reading all of the posts and support peopele give each other is inspiring. Im glad to be on this journey with you!

I tried some Jello and I started with dry heaves. The MD said I can do Clear Liquids and jello x1 wk. I know that I have only drank about 20 oz today. I hope I can do at least 30oz today.

Well it's the last day of the month. I hope everyone of you all are doing well with your surgeries and healing process. Hard to believe the month is already over, and yet I do believe we were the biggest surgery group so far. Anyone know what our final surgery count was for the month?

Anyway, I wish us all the best of luck in the future, and hope everyone learns the in's and out's our our new tummies.

I took my one month pictures this morning since I won't have time to do them before church tomorrow. I measured and cannot believe the inches I have lost in one month. I have to have some time to calculate the total but it was several! It amazes me! So thankful that I had this surgery. I am wearing pants today that would not zip or button before surgery. Now I can hold them out from my waist. Whoo-Hoo!

Best of luck to all the August sleevers :) Hang in there and know that everyday gets easier. I can't wait to see how we all look at Christmas!!