Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Will this terrible acid reflux/ heart burn go away??!? I inky had it this bad when I was pregnant.

I'm suffering with it pretty bad too. I had a hiatal hernia repair, so it was pretty bad before surgery too. The difference is that I'm not eating Whoppers and fries like before, and it's still bad. I've been taking OTC omeprazole, and some times it feels like it's working, and other times not so much. Hope you feel better.

New to the group but am a August sleever! I am 31' date=' 5'7", and weighed 353 the morning of surgery. I was sleeved 8-7-12 at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. At 3 weeks I was down 23 pounds! So excited to put clothes in a pile that don't fit cause they are to big for a change! I had no problems with the surgery itself...went home on Tylenol only and never had to take nausea meds. I had to stay one extra day but that was for urine retention. My bladder likes to go into hibernation after anesthetic. I'd like to think i got along so well because i walked like crazy trying to jump start my bladder.

I'm glad to see the loss but have been frustrated by a back issue (pinched nerve) that has had me laid up. Looking forward to seeing more inches leave me.

Question? Has anyone had a peculiar yet strong smell to your urine since surgery? No UTI, yeast, or kidney type symptoms. Just curious.[/quote']

Yes! My mom commented on it, too. I keep checking the color of the urine, and that smell is weird. No one mentioned it pre-op, but I'm going to ask my surgeon at my next appointment. Just weird.

Yes! My mom commented on it' date=' too. I keep checking the color of the urine, and that smell is weird. No one mentioned it pre-op, but I'm going to ask my surgeon at my next appointment. Just weird.[/quote']

What you are probably smelling are ketones. When the body stops getting carbs, it throws it into ketosis. You put that smell off in your breath & urine. It also sticks to the plaque in your mouth, which is why I brush more often.

I had heart burn yesterday. The MD on call called in some powder nexium and I tell you I feel better and I am able to drink more liquids. Yesterday I started on the bariatric chewable Vitamin. Last night I got off the bed the wrong way not once but twice and I was in so much pain. I am sore today.

New to the group but am a August sleever! I am 31, 5'7", and weighed 353 the morning of surgery. I was sleeved 8-7-12 at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. At 3 weeks I was down 23 pounds! So excited to put clothes in a pile that don't fit cause they are to big for a change! I had no problems with the surgery itself...went home on Tylenol only and never had to take nausea meds. I had to stay one extra day but that was for urine retention. My bladder likes to go into hibernation after anesthetic. I'd like to think i got along so well because i walked like crazy trying to jump start my bladder.

I'm glad to see the loss but have been frustrated by a back issue (pinched nerve) that has had me laid up. Looking forward to seeing more inches leave me.

Question? Has anyone had a peculiar yet strong smell to your urine since surgery? No UTI, yeast, or kidney type symptoms. Just curious.

Yes...my urine smells funny and it's kind of bright yellow. Not sure if the color is from Popsicles?

I was sleeved yesterday' date=' and I'm packing up to go home from the hospital. Yesterday was not a good day for me, at all. I spent majority of the evening vomiting mucous and dried blood. I was miserable, and my blood pressure shot up into the 200s systolic. They've given me 3 doses of b/p meds to get me back into a safe zone to go home. I had the sleeve, along with a hernia repair, and I must say that this recovery has been way worse than my last two laparoscopic surgeries. The good thing is that my blood glucoses are normal, AFTER 1 DAY, so I'm going home without the Metformin, but with an additional one for my b/p. I'm happy I did it, and it's only a matter of time before I'm off the b/p meds. Getting and staying healthy is my new priority.[/quote']

Glad you're going home! It gets easier day by day. I had the hiatal hernia repair too. I wonder if that makes recovery a little harder. I'm going back to work Tuesday, but I'm sure when the day is done, I will be fast asleep. Take your time and rest as much as you need. sleep aids in healing.

Hi all,, I was sleeved on the 30th.. what should my diet consist of at this point??

SoCal,

Your doctor should have you on a strict plan. I know for me the full week after surgery is strictly sugar free, caffeine free, clear liquid diet... No Protein yet. So I mostly just have Popsicles and Water. Take your Multivitamins throughout the day since that is all the nutrition you can get at this point.

Week 2 I start protein. I know I can't try eating like normally until post op week 9. Hope that helps.

Out of the hospital and back at the hotel, no complaints here, feeling great!

I was sleeved there on Monday! They really have a great system there. Sandy, the bariatric coordinator, was very helpful. Hope you're doing well. I met my liquid goal yesterday and I'm 15gms away from hitting Protein. Yay!

Yeah for the most part their staff is great. Sandy definitely puts everything into perspective. She lays down the line! I'm doing waaaay better than my first week. I hope you're doing great also. I'm finally on soft solids!

I just moved to soft foods, too! Best tasting refried Beans I've ever had, even though it was just a couple of spoonfuls.

Hope everyone is doing well post-op. We made it!

I am sooo hungry. 5 days post op and my doctor is the strictest of all! He says I can't start puréed food until weeks 5-6 post op and soft foods weeks 7-8. He does these rules for all patients.

so, my question is when does your doctor allow you to move from liquid diet to puréed, to soft, etc.????????????? Just want to get an idea of what the average doc says.

I am on 2 weeks Clear Liquids, 2 weeks full liquids, then 2 weeks soft food. After that I can slowly incorporate all kinds (within reason of course).

I'm now on day 2 of clear liquids, and not feeling too bad.

MAJOR TMI ALERT

I just passed so much gas for the first time (2 days post op) I feel like a new woman, yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!

I am on 2 weeks Clear Liquids, 2 weeks full liquids, then 2 weeks soft food. After that I can slowly incorporate all kinds (within reason of course).

I'm now on day 2 of clear liquids, and not feeling too bad.

Mine is the same