Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Slowly having my first Protein shake since surgery. Yesterday almost all of the day I was so consumed with how hungry I was so when today started the same way I decided to give the Protein a try. So far so good...well except for the taste. It's tolerable.

During pre op liquid diet I always just downed these as fast as I could so it isn't fun having to sip slowly and "savor" it.

How is everyone else doing today?

SoCal,

Your doctor should have you on a strict plan. I know for me the full week after surgery is strictly sugar free, caffeine free, clear liquid diet... No Protein yet. So I mostly just have Popsicles and Water. Take your Multivitamins throughout the day since that is all the nutrition you can get at this point.

Week 2 I start Protein. I know I can't try eating like normally until post op week 9. Hope that helps.

Thank you bethany,, I was sleeved Aug 30th. I had bad gas pains the first day, after that I felt fine..its been 5 days now.. I feel great

Just checking in to see how everyone is feeling...hope you are all having a speedy recovery!! For me each day has been better and today I actually got dressed and went for a ride with my husband for awhile...it was nice to get off the couch :) Nothing really taste good but I think that maybe a good thing. I was sleeved on Aug 27th.

I'm 9 day post op had my surgery the 25th. Feeling ok I still have some gas and some pain or spasm pain.

Besides that I'm good. I am hungry I take my Protein Shake and I'm goin for a couple of hours.. I still need to adjust my mind to the healthy me cause it keeps playing games on me..lol

Hope all you doing good.!!

MAJOR TMI ALERT

I just passed so much gas for the first time (2 days post op) I feel like a new woman, yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!

LOL same with me today almost blew myself off the toilet hahaha and I heard not to trust farts for at least 6 months :P

LOL same with me today almost blew myself off the toilet hahaha and I heard not to trust farts for at least 6 months :P

Yeah, I found THAT out already too 8 (

Hi All August Sleevers-

I received my revision from Lap-Band (Aug 2010) to Sleeve on Aug 15th (a little late on the posting) at that time they also removed my gallbladder and repaired my hiatal hernia.

Anyone who had surgery around then- how are you doing so far? I've actually had a good run so far and I am feeling great.

-Emily

Hi All August Sleevers-

I received my revision from Lap-Band (Aug 2010) to Sleeve on Aug 15th (a little late on the posting) at that time they also removed my gallbladder and repaired my hiatal hernia.

Anyone who had surgery around then- how are you doing so far? I've actually had a good run so far and I am feeling great.

-Emily

Hey Emily,

I had the band (2008) to sleeve revision on 8/6. Also had the hiatal hernia repair as well. Couldn't convince my surgeon to take the gall bladder at the same time and will have to go back in a few months to have them take that out (have had gall stones for a few years, but no complications so far).

All in all, life is good. Started on regular foods and can get down most anything, just a whole lot less!! I will say that by day 1, I didn't miss my band one bit!! I haven't gotten sick, no foaming, no getting stuck. The minute I feel full, I stop eating. The digestion process tires me out a bit, but I am working on understanding what foods make me feel more tired than others. Definitely, if it's higher in carbs, the harder my body has to work. Or so it feels.

Congrats on your revision and best of luck to you!!

Hey Emily' date='

I had the band (2008) to sleeve revision on 8/6. Also had the hiatal hernia repair as well. Couldn't convince my surgeon to take the gall bladder at the same time and will have to go back in a few months to have them take that out (have had gall stones for a few years, but no complications so far).

All in all, life is good. Started on regular foods and can get down most anything, just a whole lot less!! I will say that by day 1, I didn't miss my band one bit!! I haven't gotten sick, no foaming, no getting stuck. The minute I feel full, I stop eating. The digestion process tires me out a bit, but I am working on understanding what foods make me feel more tired than others. Definitely, if it's higher in carbs, the harder my body has to work. Or so it feels.

Congrats on your revision and best of luck to you!![/quote']

Yeah I read so many stories about people that can't eat etc. Its been smooth sailing- no sickness, no foam, no getting stock. Its nice to hear someone kinda in the same place I'm in. Good Luck with your journey!!

I tried whey protein' date=' the kind I mix myself and I got diarehha.. anybody else have that problem?? Any suggestions??[/quote']

I had diarrhea due to only liquids in liquids out! I believe if you are using only whey Protein isolate that is lactose free so if you are lactose intolerant, that might not be the cause. The whey Protein concentrates do contain lactose.

I had diarrhea due to only liquids in liquids out! I believe if you are using only whey Protein isolate that is lactose free so if you are lactose intolerant' date=' that might not be the cause. The whey Protein concentrates do contain lactose.[/quote']

That happen to me

I had my Protein for the first time since surgery for Breakfast and lunch. Both times I had a really hard time not throwing it up... Just tastes much worse to me now. Also it really upset my stomach. At dinner I tried to to eat a scrambled egg and did just fine. I know it is premature to try food but i felt so much better after and no stomach upset.