Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Congrats Kimmyiet! Lucky you to get mushy foods! I have to keep with the full liquids til Tuesday' date=' end of my second week. Been challenging to get enough Protein and calories. But I just made a drink with Pro Complex, banana, 1 tablespoon smooth Peanut Butter and milk and have 39 grams of protein. I have to dress up those Protein Drinks to get 'em down![/quote']

Thank you mobetterme! Tuesday isnt that far away. You can do it!!! Oh that sound yummy, i must try that Protein Shake. I love anything with peanut butter, I hope my tummy still loves it too... LOL

I was sleeved August 28! Ive lost 10 pounds. Just started puréed today. I get full so fast. I actually tried baby food. The ham and ham gravy has a good amount of protein' date=' but I had to add some salt and pepper. I can't get a large egg down. I can have two small slices of banana after I've eaten my ounce and a half of Protein. Really trying to get my Water in... I just need to learn to have water on me at all times and just sip away. Takes me a half hour to sip 8 ounces of water.

One thing I've noticed it that I don't have much of a desire to eat! I have to remind myself. Need to get on a schedule too. Going to be hard with work. But I can do it!!! Looking forward to being healthy :):):)[/quote']

I know exactly what you are saying. I too need to put myself on a meal schedule. I really miss drinking water the normal way, can't seem to get the sipping together.. :-)

A little TMI but I just want to see if anyone else is having this problem too...

Every time I drink my Protein, whether it's 30g like I am supposed to or a few sips I feel so sick for about an hour. My stomach is rumbling like crazy and I get bad gas pains and until I finally have diarrhea I am just miserable! In addition the stuff tastes terrible and I have a hard time not throwing it up when I drink it.

My main concern is that the entire time the Protein Drink is in my body I feel terrible. I have eaten a few scrambled eggs (usually can only have half of one for a meal) and I feel just fine so I know it's the protein drinks.... They are the same ones I had for liquid diet before surgery and I was fine then.

Thanks for any input!

You may have to get shakes that are lactose free. It is fairly common to become lactose intolerant after gastric surgery. Even sleevers can have it happen. Sometimes it gets better but not always.

I was sleeved August 28! Ive lost 10 pounds. Just started puréed today. I get full so fast. I actually tried baby food. The ham and ham gravy has a good amount of Protein, but I had to add some salt and pepper. I can't get a large egg down. I can have two small slices of banana after I've eaten my ounce and a half of protein. Really trying to get my Water in... I just need to learn to have water on me at all times and just sip away. Takes me a half hour to sip 8 ounces of water.

One thing I've noticed it that I don't have much of a desire to eat! I have to remind myself. Need to get on a schedule too. Going to be hard with work. But I can do it!!! Looking forward to being healthy :):):)

Hey! We were sleeved on the same day! ;) I can eat half of a scrambled egg and today I made split pea Soup and puréed it. I guess because it is soup (lots of liquid) I was able to eat quite a bit, it was the most satisfied I have felt since before my liquid diet. :)

Good luck to you! Yay for starting to eat again!!!

I was using Unjury, which has whey protein... Not sure if that effects lactose intolerant people? I am going to try some other brands that are pre-made.... My doc is not a fan of premade (he says within 20 mins of making the shake the Protein starts to break down) but I think the powder type is part of why I have a hard time getting it down. We'll see.

I was using Unjury, which has whey protein... Not sure if that effects lactose intolerant people? I am going to try some other brands that are pre-made.... My doc is not a fan of premade (he says within 20 mins of making the shake the Protein starts to break down) but I think the powder type is part of why I have a hard time getting it down. We'll see.

I just checked the Unjury packets I have here at home and they say right in them that they contain Milk. So I would you need to find milk free products. I'm having a similar problem with my shakes where I feel really cramped within few minutes of drinking them. I went out last night and bought Lactaid packets to pour in my shakes, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know if it helps. They also have chewable tablets that you take before you eat and it's supposed to help digest the dairy. I'm not having diarrhea though so not quite as bad.

I had my two week post op appt with surgeon yesterday and I get to go to Stage III soft solids!! I definitely can't eat as much as I did on liquids but it was sooo nice! That tuna salad and deviled egg were sooooo good. And the strawberry and two bites of nectarine were tasty too!

Today I feel worse then ever. 10 days post- op and I have no energy, my Protein Shake is making me nauseated. I just want to go to sleep. I hate that I feel like this. I am on my 4th day of a week of full liquids. .....VENTING.....

Have u tried Isopure? I got some from GNC. ALPINE punch. It doesn't have milk and goes down like flavored water. Also tried the lactaid this morning and it seemed to help. Plus I am drinking the shake very slowly and mixing in only 6 ounces of Water rather than 8. That helps too. Hope these ideas help.

I am going to GNC to get some Isopure. Maybe I can get my Protein and liquids in at the same time. Thank you for the info.

I went to olive garden and the manager had my ckicken and gnocchi strained and measured to 4oz only. I was only able to eat about 2oz. She even send me home with two 4oz containers ready for me to eat. This will probably last me 2 or 3 days. I also got my Isopure.< /p>

August sleevers .... I am 8 days postop, starting full liquids today. I had half a shake and cream of mushroom Soup with Unjury for added Protein. I am on bactrim for a small incision infection. My problem is I am very dizzy and weak. It just started today about 4 hours ago. Has anyone experienced dizzyness around thie timeframe?

I was still tired and week at that time and If I stood up to fast or sometimes when I bent over i got dizzy...Just get your fluids in and rest!!...I had Dr Garcia also and I went on full liquids day 4?? 0-3 was clear..4-17 full...then pureeds forntwo weeks then softs for 2 weeks...strange that we have different diets from the same Dr.

It is strange, I have full for 7-14 days then mushy. I havent gotten muhc Water today snd I am woking on that.