Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheres My June Bandsters??

My surgery is June 5th!! :)

June 20th

My surgery is June 5th!! :)

Same day as mine!!!! Good luck : )

I was just browsing lap band blogs and I found this website! I am so glad I will have a place to talk to fellow Bandsters throughout this process.

My surgery date is June 5th but I was not told I had to do any pre-op diet. It was recommended that I lose 8 lbs before the surgery, and according to my OB-GYN's scale on Thursday I lost 6 pounds. I have been eating all of my favorite foods and saying good bye to some of my favorite restaurants, but now that I have read about all of your liquid diets I am nervous that I am not going to be ready for my surgery!

Hi Brandylee, I shouldn't worry i.ve been told the same as you. I have to lose 5-6lbs but i wasn't told to do a liquid diet.

This time next week i'll be all packed and ready to be picked up! Can.t wait!

Good luck x

Seems there are a bunch of us scheduled at about the same time. I am trying one Protein Shake a day even though I don't have to. I crushed ice and put in the vanilla flavor Optifast. It tasted almost like a milk shake. And I was able to tolerate it so I am a little more encouraged about being able to tolerate the post op liquids.< /p>

I wasn't told I had to lose any weight on the liquid diet. The liquid diet is more for your liver to help with the surgery. Less complications with a smaller liver.

Yes the liquid diet helps shrink the liver which lies partially over the stomach especially if you have a fatty liver. I figure that anything that helps make the surgery easier for the surgeon is OK with me.

Brandi, please understand you will be able to eat your favorite foods again. Though if those favorate foods are fried chicken I would say to give them up. The 4 weeks after surgery are sucky but you will eat solids again. I promise. My doctor wants me to be able to eat a wide variety of foods just not to eat huge portions anymore.

Surgery is on June 4th and I'm on the liquid diet now. Lets just say it has NOT been nice. This is only day 1 and I am not having a good day. I have had serious stomache cramps and tons of diarhea. I don't think Protein Drinks on an empty stomache are going so well for me.

I am praying that this gets easier as I go on.

Honk, I know I am going to be able to eat my favorite foods, but I am going to choose not to, at least for 6 months after the surgery.

I feel so frustrated im so sick to my stomach on this diet and i keep cheating! Im supposed to b on two shakes and 1 meal a day and ill take a bite of something around 2-3 that seems to b the hardest part of my day! Its very discouraging!

My surgery date is June 6th and I seem to be doing better with the liquid diet when I am home then at work. I am irritable which sucks and I think I felt my first hunger pain this afternoon lmao weird that I never really gave my body the chance to feel hungry. I am on the 2 week bariatrix shakes and blending it with ice I actually like it.....(vanilla is my favorite). I was also confused in why some people seem to have diff pre opt instructions. I can honestly say I am happy about the 2 week liquid diet I think it is helping me with my obsessive thinking about food. I love this app and am grateful that there is a place like this so I can read about everyone else's experience.

Starting my Optifast tomorrow and trying to keep a positive perspective. Some initial weight loss and being closer to my surgery date of June 11th can't be all bad. :)

so far I've lost 5 pounds (in a weeks time)