Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm onto soft foods today, and I'm doing well. I can eat and drink as much as I need to, and I can clearly see my need for a fill, as my hunger comes back after just a few hours.

Hello

I was banded on 4/26 I started mushy/pureed food a few days back. I have 10 day postop visit tomorrow so far no problems with food. This morning I ate an egg scramblid mixed with a teaspoon of low at cottage cheese I also has 1/2. Tsp of hummus well I like hummas but omg I have a belly ache. Its been 4 hours and.the noises my intestines are making........its the only new thing I added.......I was all ready for a walk and in afraid to go away from the house.......should I drink some Water to move it out. As an aside I was 337 when I had my first visit March 2 . I started the lean and green diet and had lost 31 lbs as of 4/20. Since surgery I have lost 8 lbs. I was 298 4 days ago.

Hello

I was banded on 4/26 I started mushy/pureed food a few days back. I have 10 day postop visit tomorrow so far no problems with food. This morning I ate an egg scramblid mixed with a teaspoon of low at cottage cheese I also has 1/2. Tsp of hummus well I like hummas but omg I have a belly ache. Its been 4 hours and.the noises my intestines are making........its the only new thing I added.......I was all ready for a walk and in afraid to go away from the house.......should I drink some Water to move it out. As an aside I was 337 when I had my first visit March 2 . I started the lean and green diet and had lost 31 lbs as of 4/20. Since surgery I have lost 8 lbs. I was 298 4 days ago.

I was banded on the same Date as you. I'm still on liquids till the 10th so a few more days America and Australia do it a bit different !

I've only lost 5 kilos since my pre op liquid diet.

Not much at all

I'm onto soft foods today' date=' and I'm doing well. I can eat and drink as much as I need to, and I can clearly see my need for a fill, as my hunger comes back after just a few hours.[/quote']

I have a few (three) days till I start mushie foods can't wait for egg !

And other yummi foods

So far I am finding the mushies to be gross!! I have been putting things in the food processor and mushing them up really good. The tastes isn't that bad, but the texture is gross!! :o

First day back to work..................very exhausted! Only 3 more days of liquids...YAY!!! Has anyone cheated and started a day or so earlier? lol

Also...non diet related, can all of you feel your port under your skin?

I am three weeks out Wed. I added cracekrs to my Soup and mashed them up...I am having I started about a day or two early with mashed potatoes and grits....I am now trying to figure out what will bother me on a more soft diet...I tried a so small piece of pizza last night and I was sorry for that....it may me feel full and bloated and I could not belch or pass gas, this lasted the rest of the night...soooo no pizza for me...i had today Tomato Soup and then had di lite yogurt with crushed almonds blended in....I felt no fullness or bloating and felt the best in a log time after eating...

I can feel my port...it is on my right side, mid abdomen...I am still getting the pulling, pinching sensation when I move at times.

I started very soft mashed potatos a few days early with cream of chicken soup/w unflavored Protein Powder mixed in. That kept me fool much longer and stopped at the grawling and gurling. I am now on mushies and find it to be kind of gross. I pureed some chilli tonight and I ate about 1/2 cup and I am full, but it was nasty to eat. I have also been blending canned chicken with broth or Soup till a very mushie consistence. I still find that drinking my shakes is the best way to get the amount of Protein I need. I also have a big big sweet tooth, and the Protein Shakes seem to satisfy it.

2 weeks ago today i was banded one more day till i can have mushy food. I feeling pretty good after a pretty rough start i had the UTI from hell then i found out why i was not getting better was i was on the wrong antibotic once we switched it been all up hill from there, I am up and walking 2 miles a day i can not wait to get the okay to re start zumba and best of all i down 20 lbs. I just started to feel very hungery yesterday but only one more day to go.

I went back to work yesterday.. Had my surgery on the 17th. Starting to feel like myself again. Seemed like forever that I couldn't bend down to pick something up without the tugging and pain, but that is subsiding. I have my first fill on June 6 and am excited for that. I am on mushy foods I have been eating wendys chili and with chewing really good and slow it actually makes me full and satisified. I have been walking everyday and doing a workout video at home. I am consistently losing everyday slowly but am just happy its moving in the other direction.

I was banded on 4/27/12. I'm on mushies now. I can't wait to go back to the gym! I miss it so much! I haven't been counting my calories, or my Protein. Have been doing the shots instead of the shakes-not much I better though. I found someone's idea of a scoop of choco protein powder to a Greek yogurt and freezing it to be very helpful! It's great in this hot weather. I also found that I have no problem eating anything so far. Ate eggs and sausage yesterday. It was great! I love veggies, and I want them so bad, but eating them mushed just doesn't appeal to me. Eggs so far are my friends, I can't see doing mushy meat either. I'm feeling like myself again, and I go back to work on Friday.

I was banded 4/18 and started real food yesterday. Now, I am learning my first lesson in what it means to have a stuck episode...

I was doing great, ate some rasberries, cottage cheese, mango... And then I ate a bite of mango and swallowed before I meant to. If I could have pulled it back out at that instant I would have, I knew it was too big... I'm so thankful I don't have any restriction because I'm uncomfortable even without any. That was an hour ago and I'm still stuck with this lump in my chest and I'm burping like crazy. It's not painful, just VERY uncomfortable.

So much for my dreams of being 10 years without ever getting stuck or needing a fill... Oh well.

Well its been about 4 days and I haven't lost anything. How can I still be on liquids (like 500-600calories/ day and not be losing anything? I am.walking...not as much as I should as I am tired from returning to work and trying to get caught up with life stuff.

Maybe my body is hanging on to weight since I am taking in so little. Do I have to eat more to lose? Really? I am taking in my two shakes a day and milk in the morning. Top it off with Water and that is all I'm having. I cannot even think about pudding or Soup anymore and still can't handle Jello.

I am tired of not losing and at timesnlooks like I gained...not sure how.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am not losing like I thought i would also. I was banded 4-18. I have kept a food journal since day 1.

I have either gained or stayed the same on 600-700 calories or less some days and I am confused.

I walk alot...I for the first time yesterday ate some more calories(1000)...got on scale gained...really???????

I have lost 10 pounds since surgery....it is three weeks, ten pounds...

I also have not gone to the bathroom(if u know what I mean) in three days....trying to fix that today....maybe that is the weight gain.

It is a puzzle we all are trying to solve, as each of us is different and most accept our bodies reaction to the surgery and lack of calories...

I at time have felt why did I not just do this low calories and forget the band...and then I remember I needed a TOOL in my life to assist me....the band is not going to work unless we also work at this journey

I also was banded on April 18th and I haven't lost anything except for th 20 pounds I lost preop. I just saw my doctor and he said not to worry about it until I get my first fill. I know its frustrating, but hang in there.