Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my first fill today and stitches out....no special needle like I have seen on youtube......just a regular syringe and a tiny pinch. Dr. told me that when they put it in at surgery, there was no fill. So today, he filled me with 3 cc's at first. Then I had to drink Water. I managed to get a few sips down, I gurgled. Then he had me take more and WOW! Pain in the chest, water in the back of the throat. He told me to wait to see if it went down. It didn't so he took some Fluid out and had me try again. I still felt bad from before and he wanted me to drink more. I tried and still painso out came more and this time, it was amazing how fast everything resolved once the the water could go down. He told me that I had a total of 2.25 cc's still in there out of the original 3 cc's. liquid and pureefor the next 24 hours. Bring on the bigger weight loss!!!!

Went in today for my second fill. I now have a total of 7ccs in my band. I do feel the restriction now and am happy. The doc even said I lost 3lbs since I was there 2 weeks ago. I go back in 2 weeks for another adjustment.

People that have had their first fills what did it feel like for you?

Had my first fill today and stitches out....no special needle like I have seen on youtube......just a regular syringe and a tiny pinch. Dr. told me that when they put it in at surgery' date=' there was no fill. So today, he filled me with 3 cc's at first. Then I had to drink Water. I managed to get a few sips down, I gurgled. Then he had me take more and WOW! Pain in the chest, water in the back of the throat. He told me to wait to see if it went down. It didn't so he took some Fluid out and had me try again. I still felt bad from before and he wanted me to drink more. I tried and still painso out came more and this time, it was amazing how fast everything resolved once the the water could go down. He told me that I had a total of 2.25 cc's still in there out of the original 3 cc's. Liquid and pureefor the next 24 hours. Bring on the bigger weight loss!!!![/quote']

Stitches I didn't have stitches

Went for my first fill last week, ended up not getting a fill as I am able to last 4 hrs without being hungry. I will go back in 3 weeks to check if I need a fill then. So far, 20 lbs lost (4/20 banded) Went for my post-op doctors visit yesterday....everything went well. Doctor said I am doing well for someone my size (I had a total of 85 lbs to lose)

I've been walking a lot, glad I get to work out now. Concerned about my arms, I need to find some exercises that will keep them from sagging. :unsure: I have my weights, just need to target those arms. Good luck everyone.

I was banded 4-18. Went to doc on 5-14 and he said no fill at that time..since then I am still having some restriction. The question for me is ...I went out of town to have surgery. I do have a list of doctors that will do a fill in my state...has anyone used fillusa? Not sure if that is the correct name ...

Anyone have Medicare and getting a fill not from surgeon but from another doc in another state..how des this work money wise?

I am 6 weeks out tomorro andhave lost 11 pounds...anyone else losing this slowly? I have been doing between 700-1000 calories a day, mostly under 1000..

Thanks

I had my first fill on Mon. He hade drink and it went down fine. He didn't inject any more. Today I'm back on solids and STARVING! Had 3 full meals today of Protein (3 oz each) do I Shouldn't be hungry. I wound up calling his office. I paid way to much to be hungry! I have to go back tomorrow for another adjustment. I want to know what restriction feels like! If I would lettsf, I could have eaten the entire steak instead of the 3 oz I ate.

Went in today for my second fill. I now have a total of 7ccs in my band. I do feel the restriction now and am happy. The doc even said I lost 3lbs since I was there 2 weeks ago. I go back in 2 weeks for another adjustment.

I had my first fill Mon and I'm starving. I don't know how much he put in but I had to drink. It went down fine but he didn't inject more. I called today because I'm way too hungry and I feel that this is defeating the purpose of the band. I go back tomorrow for an adjustment. I know it wasn't too tight, but how did my doc know it wasn't too loose? I expected more with the adjustment. I just want to know what the restriction feels like!

MagicFan, Are you eating veggies in addition to your Protein? If not that's why you are hungry. I am shocked they will give additional fill the next day. My doctor says a minimum of 2 weeks preferrably 3. It can take up to 2 weeks for a fill to take effect.

Not to be a downer but it took me 6 months to get restriction.

I got my first fill Tuesday as well. My doc does a prime, where he lets the band take in whatever saline it wants during surgery, so he didn't know what I had in. Turns out, I already had 5 cc in my 10 cc band! I got another 0.8 added.

I've been abled to stay satisfied with 350 calorie meals, for a solid 2.5 to 3 hours now, so I'm on my way! Before that, I would be hungry within 2 hours with that size of meal.

I'm still just a few pounds below where I was at surgery though, so I still have a long way to go.

I just saw the fill nurse, and she had a heck of a time finding my port though, just call me a pin cushion! I had a big hard lump under my 2 inch incision, so I thought that was my port, but apparently that's just some scar tissue. My port is hidden about 2 inches above my belly button, under a good layer of fat. :( Oh well, now we know for next time.

I'm back at work today for the first time since surgery, and I'm doing pretty well. I work away from home, and I have to drive about 10 hours to get there, so it was a long drive, but I didn't have any issues. I had to have a co-worker unload all my heavy work gear though, but he didn't mind. Some of my co-workers know that I had surgery, but only one has asked what it was for, and I told him a hiatal hernia repair.

I took it easy with food since Tuesday, having Protein Shakes, and Soups. Yesterday afternoon though, without even thinking about it, I made myself a chicken wrap, and I was able to eat it normally, without any issue. I guess I'll have some more time to practice my chewing and bandster eating skills :)

Oh, I forgot to talk about the weird sensation with the fill. Did anyone else feel the weird crunch as the needle went into the port? That was the freakiest feeling! Also, when she pushed the port, and it felt like someone was poking me from the inside!

Almost one month with the band. Just got my first fill. 2.4 cc. im wondering if anyone is having difficulty toleration dairy??? Im having pretty bad pains in my chest and I guess it's gas. Trying to figure out if it's something specific I'm eating.

Happy one month bandiversary to April 24thers!!! :)

Almost one month with the band. Just got my first fill. 2.4 cc. im wondering if anyone is having difficulty toleration dairy??? Im having pretty bad pains in my chest and I guess it's gas. Trying to figure out if it's something specific I'm eating.

I'm having some trouble with dairy, particularly cottage cheese. I tried to eat it twice and both times got bad nausea the rest of the day. Now the thought of it makes me want to ralph!

I am jealous of those who have had a fill already. My Dr. will not give me a fill till 6wks post op. I did tell him that I would be going out of town for several weeks and needed to get it one week earlier. (no lie) So he agreed to June 11 for my first fill. I can eat almost anything and only have restrictions first thing in the morning. I have been losing about 2 lbs. a week since surgery, but dang it.......I am having to control my hunger on my own. I have decided to not work so hard at it this next week, so I don't lose and I can get my fill.