Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I fid that the band is a tool and I have tomake good decisions on what to eat, so I do not have the pain I sometimes get when i eat something that is not good for me...I am eating good, but some things are just givinf me , literally headaches and back pain..

I have not had a fill yet and it is 6 weeks post op for me..

I have been depressed at times as I am not losing as fast as I wanted...but I will take what my body will give me...

I have not been able to eat a meal, like I did before...I never finish a meal, even a heathy choice or such....

MagicFan' date=' Are you eating veggies in addition to your Protein? If not that's why you are hungry. I am shocked they will give additional fill the next day. My doctor says a minimum of 2 weeks preferrably 3. It can take up to 2 weeks for a fill to take effect.

Not to be a downer but it took me 6 months to get restriction.[/quote']

Yes, I eat green veggies. I went back to him today and he put more in. He said I definitely needed it. I have 8cc in it now. He had me drink until there was restriction. Then he released some. I'm so relieved. The hunger was horrible and I wouldn't have lasted 4 weeks without gaining a lot of weight.

Almost one month with the band. Just got my first fill. 2.4 cc. im wondering if anyone is having difficulty toleration dairy??? Im having pretty bad pains in my chest and I guess it's gas. Trying to figure out if it's something specific I'm eating.

I'm not allowed to have dairy. My doc has me restricted to Protein and green leafy.

I'm not allowed to have dairy. My doc has me restricted to Protein and green leafy.

Why did they say that u can't have dairy

So, I think that little fill helped me! I had just one whole wheat instant waffle, with 2 tbsn of PB2 on top, and I'm satisfied! I was going to make two waffles, out of habit, but I stopped and thought about trying just one to start. Now to see how long before I get hungry again.

oksy leave it to me to have a rare and unquine twist to my banding. since my banding i been haveing problems with uti unreated to my band so On sunday night i was not feeling well and sure i had a UTI i had an apointment with my urolgist for wed any way so was hoping to try and hang out to that. By monday moring i was vomiting everything nothing stayed down no crystal light no Water no nothing. I called my PCP and said i need to be seen Too embrassed to call my sugeron and admitt i became deharated I said i know i have a UTI and they said can you wait till wed. My frist thought was okay i try. with in 30 min i knew there was no way as my kideny pain was a 7 out of 10. I called back and demaded to be seen they gave me an apointment with the dr for 3:20. She was worked on me till about 7:00 pm givng me Iv fuilds and terdol and nothing was working i was so nausus at that point she said you need to go to the er. My answer i not going to the hospital i had my band at there just get mad at me. so she sent me to another hospital with a WLS program in the araea only problem they not big fans of the bad and like the full bi pas. In the ER the dr jumped to saying it was the band and all the vomiting i was doing was going to case a slip and had there surgon talk to me about a revison if nessassry. I said if that needs to happen i want the surgon who put my band in to do it or someone in. his paractice. well one CT scan latter it was not the band and that was ruled . It was kIdney Stones i had on 9 mm and one stuck in my utter trying to pass swelling up my right kideny and my left kidney was not happy eather. I also was being treated for a UTI. Well it truns out Kidney stones and WLS go hand and hand about 8% of pepole who had WLS will get kidney stones in the frist year the urogisit told me. The reson is dehydration , up take in are callamum i was taking mine with meals, also when we exsize were maynot be drinking alot useing the Uraic acid to build up and combin in the kidney for stones.

The treatment for my stones to have my kideny blasted to brake up the stones 3 days of IV fuilds and iv pain medison around the clock and iv antibotics so they would pass and extra fuilds he said to think of my 2-3 litters as a starting point and for me to ami for more like 5-6 litters a day just to make sure i keep things in there happy.

I had never heard of WLS pepole having kidney stones I had heard of galstones. I was also told once you had one kideny stone you are higher chance to get another one.

So i now have something to realte pain when they say what leavl I can think this kideny stone became like a 12 at some points

I am still a little sore and laying on my back dircetly is out as my kidney do not relly like that.

But over all i lost 27 lbs

So

oksy leave it to me to have a rare and unquine twist to my banding. since my banding i been haveing problems with uti unreated to my band so On sunday night i was not feeling well and sure i had a UTI i had an apointment with my urolgist for wed any way so was hoping to try and hang out to that. By monday moring i was vomiting everything nothing stayed down no crystal light no Water no nothing. I called my PCP and said i need to be seen Too embrassed to call my sugeron and admitt i became deharated I said i know i have a UTI and they said can you wait till wed. My frist thought was okay i try. with in 30 min i knew there was no way as my kideny pain was a 7 out of 10. I called back and demaded to be seen they gave me an apointment with the dr for 3:20. She was worked on me till about 7:00 pm givng me Iv fuilds and terdol and nothing was working i was so nausus at that point she said you need to go to the er. My answer i not going to the hospital i had my band at there just get mad at me. so she sent me to another hospital with a WLS program in the araea only problem they not big fans of the bad and like the full bi pas. In the ER the dr jumped to saying it was the band and all the vomiting i was doing was going to case a slip and had there surgon talk to me about a revison if nessassry. I said if that needs to happen i want the surgon who put my band in to do it or someone in. his paractice. well one CT scan latter it was not the band and that was ruled . It was kIdney Stones i had on 9 mm and one stuck in my utter trying to pass swelling up my right kideny and my left kidney was not happy eather. I also was being treated for a UTI. Well it truns out Kidney stones and WLS go hand and hand about 8% of pepole who had WLS will get kidney stones in the frist year the urogisit told me. The reson is dehydration , up take in are callamum i was taking mine with meals, also when we exsize were maynot be drinking alot useing the Uraic acid to build up and combin in the kidney for stones.

The treatment for my stones to have my kideny blasted to brake up the stones 3 days of IV fuilds and iv pain medison around the clock and iv antibotics so they would pass and extra fuilds he said to think of my 2-3 litters as a starting point and for me to ami for more like 5-6 litters a day just to make sure i keep things in there happy.

I had never heard of WLS pepole having kidney stones I had heard of galstones. I was also told once you had one kideny stone you are higher chance to get another one.

So i now have something to realte pain when they say what leavl I can think this kideny stone became like a 12 at some points

I am still a little sore and laying on my back dircetly is out as my kidney do not relly like that.

But over all i lost 27 lbs

So

ouch! I hope they have you fixed up now though.

Is anyone having problems not being able to go to the bathroom unless they take something. I am sitting here by myself while my family is off for a pool party because I have taken Milk of Mag and once I take it im stuck in the house all day and then pains all day the next day. I just don't understand if I don't take something I will not go for days One time it was 10 days. Any ideas to keep me from suffering every day. I was thinking I needed a probiotic but can't find one in small pill form. I can't handle this anymore. Im miserable and my stomach bloats and gets huge.

Me too have to get some help in this area....

I am saying I am just not eating like i used to and take it at that and have taken one ex-lax

I have Greek yogurt for Breakfast daily to which I add 2 teaspoons of unflavored benefiber. I go everyday.

I'd try a fibre supplement instead of relying on laxatives on the long term.

I never thought of trying something like benefiber, I have a family member who says I should try Miralax. Well I will try and experiment to see what results I get. Just one of those things I have to work out. Thanks everyone for the information.

Anyone have any imput on taking Probiotics?