Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first fill on the 25th. 3cc in my band and didn't feel any restrictions but experienced being stuck for the first time. I was eating chicken and...ate too fast. Wow what a nasty feeling. Getting my next fill on Tuesday.

Sx date- April 26th

Lost almost 30lbs

First fill on 5.26- 3 cc

Next fill- June 5th

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Surgery 4-18-2012

Fill on June 13th....I went to a post op visit on 5-14 and he said I still had restriction and no need for a fill

The restriction is now almost gone..I can eat alot more...so doing self control..so far so good...

Same surgical date. First fill 5/11 (3cc). Second fill 5/31 (1.5cc). Third scheduled for 6/26.

Went for my first fill today. Had my surgery 4/24 and have lost 20 lbs. Doc says I am doing awesome. No problems with things getting stuck or getting sick. Only got 3cc today. My band was empty until this point. On liquid til lunchtime tomorrow. Very happy with my progress.

I'm beginning to need another fill. I need to eat more before I'm satisfied (I hate the word satiety, from a purely literary standpoint, lol).

Once I'm home again in 2 weeks, I'll be in there, getting topped up!

I am scheduled for a fill 6-13...I had surgery 4-18. I went to doc on 5-14 and he said not to fill as I had restriction, since then it has been OK, I do get down more foods, I did eat a slice of pizza(or tired)and it hurt, big time...so got me thinking....should i fill or not??

I am leaning towards a fill...as I have found myself eating more food that I can get down..and not feeling full...

I have lost 17 pounds and I am greatful for that, as I have not been active physically and I need to go that...I am finding steady weight loss...not hugh numbers but definitely towards the down size...

I went for my second fill apointment (Banded 4/20) Still have not received a fill. I am just needing a snack in the afternoon but it is about 3 - 4 hours before I get hungry so the doctor said I am good. I'm happy with my weight loss, 24 lbs so far. So I'll keep it going without the fill. My doctor said he put some fill in during surgery (not sure how much) so that is probably why I haven't needed anything. It seems weird not to have any fills, but the nurses said everyone is different. I'll go back in 3 weeks and see how I am doing.

I was banded 5/17 and had my first fill yesterday. The doctor put 2 cc's in my 10cc band. He had a little trouble finding my port and said I had scar tissue. (not sure what that means) He did find it but when pulling out the needle some saline squirted onto my stomach not sure if that means not all of the 2ccs went in or not. The fill did not hurt and if I hadn't seen him do it I wouldn't have even known I had it done. I felt great after and do feel a bit of restriction today. :)

I was banded 4/17 and had my first fill yesterday. The doctor put 2 cc's in my 10cc band. He had a little trouble finding my port and said I had scar tissue. (not sure what that means) He did find it but when pulling out the needle some saline squirted onto my stomach not sure if that means not all of the 2ccs went in or not. The fill did not hurt and if I hadn't seen him do it I wouldn't have even known I had it done. I felt great after and do feel a bit of restriction today. :)

sorry I was banded APRIL 17

went to doc today for a FIRST fill, had surgery on 4-18.

The port is infected and needs to be removed!! I never had a fill.

I asked how this could happen and he said it is hard to tell...could be a microperforation where the band peforated the lining of the stomach and caused the infection to travel down to the port...

Yesterday i noticed a lum near the port site....today it is red and he said to placeme on antibiotics and then see him this Friday and take it from there,, he is not the one that did the surgery as I had surgery out of state I live in and he was one of the doctors i considered but went with someone out of state...the doctor I went to today, was for a fill and whe he saw the port he said no fill, of course and he said the only way to get infection to be gone is to take out the foreign body(lap band)...so he said to get it out and then in 3 months place another lap band...

Marlene

went to doc today for a FIRST fill' date=' had surgery on 4-18.

The port is infected and needs to be removed!! I never had a fill.

I asked how this could happen and he said it is hard to tell...could be a microperforation where the band peforated the lining of the stomach and caused the infection to travel down to the port...

Yesterday i noticed a lum near the port site....today it is red and he said to placeme on antibiotics and then see him this Friday and take it from there,, he is not the one that did the surgery as I had surgery out of state I live in and he was one of the doctors i considered but went with someone out of state...the doctor I went to today, was for a fill and whe he saw the port he said no fill, of course and he said the only way to get infection to be gone is to take out the foreign body(lap band)...so he said to get it out and then in 3 months place another lap band...

Marlene[/quote']

Me to I had my port removed two weeks ago as it was infected.

Is get it out quick smart as I spent an extra week in hospital with a huge internal infection I couldn't move eat or even go to the toilet myself get it out now !!!!

Feel free to private msg me

Ladies would either one of you know when you get a fill, do you go with an empty stomach. Ive had one fill but forgot if I ate before or not. My cousin works at one of the drs offices and she wants me to have lunch with her before my appointment but I wonder if I shouldn't eat at all before a fill.

Cindy

No need

UGG i had a fill wed and it was only 1 cc I am straving i am hungryer now then i been on any stage i can eat anything i feel no resrtion and am still hungery. Do you think i should wait a week and then ask if i could get more. The dr said he see me in 3 mouths I can't wait 3 mouths a be back to were i started in 3 mouths if i have to wait.

Are you sure the doctor didn't say 3 weeks? My doctor does fills every 3 weeks.