Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will have to try some cheese on the cream of potato! That has been my favorite lately the cream of potato. My hubs got the cream of wheat and that was super good too. How much of a fill did your dr.s put in at surgery. Mine just put in 1.5cc.

Everyone, I was just perusing the after forums to see a little more about what to expect after we are all banded, and noticed a November 2010 group that has recently checked in to start in again for moral support. Anyone interested in starting a POST OP September group? I don't know about you, but I know I will need moral support after as much as before. I am willing to commit to check the after site at least once a week to see how we are all doing.............

@winifred76- most definately I would be interested! This has been great for me reading how everyone has done.

Reading about everyones post op diet makes me jealous to be able to have something new. I started my pre op on Labor Day. Only 4 days left. I have done a great job of sticking to it resulting in 14 lbs gone so far. But last night I will admit I had a moment of weakness. I had an extremely stressful day at work (pediatric donor) and it was a 20 hour day. At the end I was so hungry! I had already had my shakes and Soup for the day. My work partner suggested we go to Old South pancake House (Those from the Fort Worth area can vouch for the total YUMMINESS of this place). I thought about it and thought I could have some soup... Well I ended up eating some omelet and a few bites of pancakes... I felt awful afterwards. There is something to be said for picking food ahead of time and not looking at the menu when you get there! Suprisingly I was full after eating just a small bit. So this morning I am back to the diet. I am pretty sure my liver didnt puff up like a marshmellow from what I ate but regardless I still feel bad... Like an alcoholic sneaking a drink! Anyways- Sept 22 hurry up and get here!!

I will have to try some cheese on the cream of potato! That has been my favorite lately the cream of potato. My hubs got the cr eam of wheat and that was super good too. How much of a fill did your dr.s put in at x surgery. Mine just put in 1.5cc.

I just have it "primed", he didn't say exactly how much saline, but I'd guess its 1-2 ccs. He did say he used the bigger band also.

I would be interested. My daughter is supportive but the rest of my family would not be. I haven't even told them I'm having the surgery. I have 3 close friends who are very supportive and my trainer at the gym. I have enjoyed reading everyone's post and plan on keeping in touch afterwards.

Everyone, I was just perusing the after forums to see a little more about what to expect after we are all banded, and noticed a November 2010 group that has recently checked in to start in again for moral support. Anyone interested in starting a POST OP September group? I don't know about you, but I know I will need moral support after as much as before. I am willing to commit to check the after site at least once a week to see how we are all doing.............

So, I decided to stop by the firehouse today and visit with my co-workers for a little bit this morning. I decided to weigh in on the scale at work (don't have a scale at home) even though I'm only 5 days post-op. I'm down 6.9 pounds since the morning of my surgery!!! I love it!!!!

I know I shouldn't have weighed in this soon, but I was so interested to know where I was at so far.

I just have it "primed", he didn't say exactly how much saline, but I'd guess its 1-2 ccs. He did say he used the bigger band also.

That's what my dr. said the 1.5 cc's was for, just to sort of get saline in when he is in there. I should have asked him but he did say he used the 10cc band vs the 14 cc band but what is the benefit or determining factor over the band size. I forgot to ask him, do you know?

Wow! That's great! My son is a firefighter. We're all family right? Keep us posted on your success.

So, I decided to stop by the firehouse today and visit with my co-workers for a little bit this morning. I decided to weigh in on the scale at work (don't have a scale at home) even though I'm only 5 days post-op. I'm down 6.9 pounds since the morning of my surgery!!! I love it!!!!

I know I shouldn't have weighed in this soon, but I was so interested to know where I was at so far.

Hello All,

Had a 4-hr mtg. on Mon. with a bariatric nurse and dietician. On Tues. had to go back to hospital for meeting with nurse practitioner and have all lab work done. Started liver-shrinking diet yesterday. So far I haven't bitten anyone's head off. Ha, ha!! My surgery is on the 29th, and I am so ready for it.

Sounds like most of you have had positive experiences as far as the surgery and afterwards. I'll be joining you soon!:D

Take care, everyone.

Peg

Hi Peg, I am on day 5 of the diet and looking forward to surgery also on the 29th! big day for us! Good luck

My surgery date is SEPT 22!!! I'm excited but having anxiety about the liquid diet. I just want to bite into something and taste what I think is normal food! I'm ready for change and know this is crucial for surgery... How did you fight the urge to eat???

Kat

I'm like you. I attended the nutrition seminar on 8/8 and experimented with smaller sizes and flavors of Protein Shakes. I'm only on Clear Liquids for the 2 days prior to surgery (means I start tomorrow). I was also to give up caffeine but I don't drink coffee or sodas so that was easy.

My date is September 27th. It seems like a lifetime away! I am a little concerned about people mentioning pre-op diets. I was only told to start a clear liquid diet 3 days before surgery. I am "practicing" eating with no liquids, smaller meals, etc. but nothing formal. Anyone have any other suggestions...

35 days and counting rolleyes.gif

I am interested in a post op group

After going to the hospital on friday for all of my pre op stuff I am really nervous. But I must say I am VERY impressed with the hospital. I am so glad I switched surgeons and facilities. I met with the anesthesiologist friday as well. He was awesome. They explained the whole process to me as far as check in, parking, waiting area for DH, etc. It hit me friday. Wow! It's almost time. I finalized my plans for the kids. With 2 kids in sports transportation may be an issue. I have been keeping myself busy this weekend....cleaning, made a frozen meal for the family to eat while I recover. I know this is the right decision but I am scared about the anesethsia. I've nevwr been put under before.

J

Getting banded 9/22

I am feeling better! The burning is still there but a lot better. I did call the dr and they said that can be normal and it is most likely the connective tissue healing. I have still taken the pain medicine today but only half of the dose today. How are you feeling?

I am still sore and struggling a bit to get in all my fluids, but no pain meds since last night. I walked around the block once today and up and down the street avfew times.

My doctor requires a liquid diet for 4weeks after surgery, and right now I an good with that. I still have some gloating from the gas, but it is not painful, just looks funny.

Sign me up for the post opt support group. I think it will be great to connect with others after!

I was pretty hungry this afternoon and was very tempted by kraft dinner of all things, but I didn't do it. I instead had 1c of spagetti swash...which turns out is a LOT of squash! I am stuffed! I still can have 1 c of veggies & my Protein Bar today.

I can't believe the change in my nerves/anxiety over this past week. 7 days ago I didn't want to tell anyone, but I have and the support is amazing. I'm so lucky to have such great friends. Even my kids are praising me like crazy for sticking to this diet. I never thought I could do it. I was a wreck a week ago, but now I'm getting excited for the surgery. I was walking through the mall today thinking about all the different stores I'll be able to shop in again! I am very excited about that. Plus sized clothing selections suck! I can't wait to never wear plus sized clothing again!!!

My date is September 23rd! :) Already on my diet and looking forward to this time next week when it will be finished. :)