Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery today. Things went well and i'm hoping they went well with anyone else getting banded today.

The thirst was difficult throughout. I was thirsty while sitting in preop for 1.5 hours but obviously couldn't drink. After surgery, while in recovery, i did feel nauseous so the nurse gave pushed some meds into the IV. Because of this, they decided not to give me any Water or ice for the 3 hours i was down there.......that was really tough. I had terrible dry mouth and was so uncomfortable. Finally, when they brought me to Ambulatory Medicine, they gave me ice chips and i tried real hard not to down all the Water at once!

Was walking around in amubulatory with no problems. Discharged 3 hours later. For the most part, i'm feeling good....just a bit of pain inside and out. Hoping to get a good night's sleep and some rest tomorrow.

One question to previous bandsters: how long does it take to recover enough to function enough without much pain?

One question to previous bandsters: how long does it take to recover enough to function enough without much pain?

I was able to function without too much pain the very next day. Maybe I wasn't in pain due to the pain killers but it really didn't seem bad. My hubs went back to work so I was on my own and I was fine. I'm now almost 2 weeks post op and the only problem I'm dealing with is itchy itchy incisions. Every once in a while my port area hurts but it doesn't last long.

My tummy is numb in the middle above my belly button. My left side hurts if I turn too fast. If I lift something too heavy I get a sharp pain.

Other than that I'm fine. Yes we do need a newbie support group cause in my thread it took an act of god and pain killers to stop me from cussing someone out on here. In my real life I don't have patience for people and I lack tact. Temper temper...

Getting banded on Thursday... My husband has been so supportive of me getting the surgery but today he said he doesn't think I should do it. He 's been reading a lot of stories about people having complications. I'm trying to reassure him I'll be ok but he's freaking me out now!

@Peps and Bromo- I am having band with plication too. My post op is clear x 2 days full till post op appt which is Friday of next week then i can do ticker liquids for a week then move on to mushies. My birthday is Oct 13 so i hope to get to have solids by then! I am super excited to get this too! I go Thursday and am getting very nervous! I am suppose to go back to work on Monday with a call to follow my shift. I am a little worried I wont be ready but it isnt a job i can easily call in for and only a few know I am having surg.... Cross your fingers!!

My tummy is numb in the middle above my belly button. My left side hurts if I turn too fast. If I lift something too heavy I get a sharp pain.

Other than that I'm fine. Yes we do need a newbie support group cause in my thread it took an act of god and pain killers to stop me from cussing someone out on here. In my real life I don't have patience for people and I lack tact. Temper temper...

Hi Texas,

Sorry for your frustration. I was wondering if you are on any lift restrictions. My surgeon has put me on a restriction of 10 pounds for the first four weeks after surgery, and no driving for two weeks. I had surgery on Friday and was able to stop pain medsvafter Saturday, but I am using a heating pad a few times each day to help with muscle soreness. Good luck with continued improvements!

I am also up for the support group.

Umm for 1 week no lifting more than 10lbs. I cannot lift any weights for a month. Like at the gym. I wanna say that it's been fun ladies in case I get kicked off here!!! Lol!!! I'm just bracing for impact. I am on myfitnesspal!

Hi all- Okay for those of you banded more than a week ago did you still have some pain? I am still sore up under my ribs. I don't know if this is normal or if something could have gone wrong. I don't know if I am just being paranoid and thought I would feel better quicker. Don't get me wrong, I am feeling better day by day but thought I would feel better sooner. Thanks!

Dawn

You have to realize that they cut thru your abdominal muscles. Those take time to heal (which is why you're not allowed to lift anything heavy for so long). It will take time to heal... As long as it keeps getting better every day, you have nothing to worry about. I would guess you should barely notice the pain after about 2 weeks

You have to realize that they cut thru your abdominal muscles. Those take time to heal (which is why you're not allowed to lift anything heavy for so long). It will take time to heal... As long as it keeps getting better every day, you have nothing to worry about. I would guess you should barely notice the pain after about 2 weeks

Thanks for the reassurance. I guess I am just freaking out a little because I expected to be less sore and I am not pushing it either. I hate feeling out of commission. My husband is going back to work tomorrow and has duty (he is in the Navy) so I guess I am just sort of stressing about doing it on my own with 4 kids. I thought I would feel a lot better by now :(. Thanks for your help! Are you still sore some? I know we were banded the same day or a day apart right? I was last Monday.

Dawn

Thanks for the reassurance. I guess I am just freaking out a little because I expected to be less sore and I am not pushing it either. I hate feeling out of commission. My husband is going back to work tomorrow and has duty (he is in the Navy) so I guess I am just sort of stressing about doing it on my own with 4 kids. I thought I would feel a lot better by now :(. Thanks for your help! Are you still sore some? I know we were banded the same day or a day apart right? I was last Monday.

Dawn

Mine was Tuesday morning. I am still sore for sure.... I wouldn't really call it pain though. It hurts if I cough or sneeze (or laugh).

4 kids? That's tough!! I got one, but he's a little one. It's all normal dawn. Like I said I guess us newbies gotta stick together. I vented and some old timer got all bent outta shape. Jeez. It's a state of limbo when u get banded. Can't eat solids, u have aches and pains and trying to go about your normal routine too. Then a lot of us don't have too much outside support or we haven't told anyone so yeah. This isn't easy. We need a little reassurance and misery loves company!!

Thanks so much guys! It is so nice to have people that are going through the same stages. I only have one other friend that has had it 2 1/2 yrs ago so that has been nice but it's nice this group is all in it at the same time. :)

Dawn

Hello Fellow September Bandsters~

I just made the cut! My surgery date is set for Sept 29th. Well Im in Korea. So technically it's the 28th for you guys!wink.gif

Good luck to everyone! I look forward to hearing about you journeys rolleyes.gif

http://muffintopmoxy.blogspot.com/

@Peps and Bromo- I am having band with plication too. My post op is clear x 2 days full till post op appt which is Friday of next week then i can do ticker liquids for a week then move on to mushies. My birthday is Oct 13 so i hope to get to have solids by then! I am super excited to get this too! I go Thursday and am getting very nervous! I am suppose to go back to work on Monday with a call to follow my shift. I am a little worried I wont be ready but it isnt a job i can easily call in for and only a few know I am having surg.... Cross your fingers!!

Good luck on Thursday! I'll be thinking of you. Please let me know how you get along afterwards. My surgery date is the 29th. Take care!

Peg

I am new here and I am having my procedure on Sept. 29, 2011. I am currently on my 6th day of the liver diet. My diet consist of: Breakfast- boost glucose control, Lunch-boost glucose control and a piece of fruit, Snack- lowfat yogurt, Dinner- 2 pieces of wheat bread, 4oz meat and a cup of vegatables. Right now I am kinda hungry but I am making it. I am glad they have support groups out here.