Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would love to join post op group! I'm getting banded tomorrow morning!! I can't believe the time has finally come. Today was really hard being on a clear liquid diet but i am past it and am ready. Good luck to all of you getting banded tomorrow.

Count me in for our Sept support group.

Today has been a pretty good day and can now stand up straight! Each day has a little victory. Good luck to those of you getting banded tomorrow.

Hi everybody! New to this thread but loved reading everybody's stories & experiences. My surgery date is Sept. 23! I am the most impatient person in the world & this is going to be the looongest week ever. I cant wait to start living the life that I've always wanted to live! Good luck to you all, its nice to know that we're all going through this together :)

Count me in for the post op support. This has been so helpful to me for ideas and reinforcement. I was supposed to return to work tomorrow o. Day 5 post op, but I'm. Not ready. I still can't stand up straight. Tho only incision tbat is still bad is where the port is, which seems unanimous. As long as I'm sitting or laying its ok, but when I move it hurts.I. gwt up and do laps in the house every couple hours, but that port is painful.

I am all for a post op group too. This is a good place to vent, get suggestions and support. Good luck to the people being banded tomorrow!

pugs, hang in there, hopefully tomorrow will have you standing up straight. I was so glad when I realized I could do it today and I am sure it will happen for you very soon.

Well I am getting banded tomorrow and I am so very nervous. My anxiety is through the roof and I don't know how I'll get over this part. I have been wanting this for so long and now that the time is here, I am terrified. I'm sure things will only be worse tomorrow. I'm trying to look on the bright side but all I think about is being put under anesthesia and how much that freaks me out. Aside from that, I am starting to get things ready. Anybody have any suggestions as to what I should take with me when I check in tomorrow morning. I'm so nervous I'm not even thinking straight. Any feedback would help. Thanks.

Hi Peg, I am on day 5 of the diet and looking forward to surgery also on the 29th! big day for us! Good luck

Yep, day 5 of the pre-op diet. I've done really well and am not too hungry. Yesterday we had a dinner at church (fried chicken!), but I stuck to my Protein shake and a small apple. That was a bit frustrating. Do you get to eat any solid foods? For dinner I can have 4 oz. lean meat and unlimited veggies so long as they're not seasoned with butter or good ole grease! Ha, ha!! We're gonna make it!!!! Please keep me updated on your journey! Good luck to us all. :D

Peps

im over 2 weeks and cannot have solid food yet! wow your lucky! Im still in the mushie faze and just some soft veggies, but I dont eat potatoes so, yeah.

don't fret! you can do it! I'm on my way now. The doctor is running ahead of schedule so I'm now at 12:15.

We'll get thru this together!

I'm definitely in favor of a September Post-Op Discussion Group. We're all going to need advice and support for each other. Who is going to get it started?

Peg

don't fret! you can do it! I'm on my way now. The doctor is running ahead of schedule so I'm now at 12:15.

Best of luck to ya... Hope to hear from you later tonight or tomorrow morning telling us how good things went for ya!!!

Is anyone besides me having Lap-Band with plication? My doctor just started doing it with the band. He says that it helps with the hunger issue and also probably helps you lose a little faster. Anyone?

Peps

Well I am getting banded tomorrow and I am so very nervous. My anxiety is through the roof and I don't know how I'll get over this part. I have been wanting this for so long and now that the time is here, I am terrified. I'm sure things will only be worse tomorrow. I'm trying to look on the bright side but all I think about is being put under anesthesia and how much that freaks me out. Aside from that, I am starting to get things ready. Anybody have any suggestions as to what I should take with me when I check in tomorrow morning. I'm so nervous I'm not even thinking straight. Any feedback would help. Thanks.

You totally sounds like me last weekend. I was banded last Monday and Sat and Sun prior I was a mess stressing out. I was so excited to have it, had been going through the process since May and then the weekend before, scared, questioning myself, nervous. I think it is a totally normal feeling and let me tell you once you are on the flip side of the surgery you will feel so much better about your decision. Just try and relax today. The only things I took were my nook, a brush, toothbrush and my own pajamas. The anesthesia.... they will just give you some medicine to relax you in the pre-op room and I am usually done by then so I don't even remember going to sleep. Next thing I knew they were waking me up telling me I was all done and they were giving me some oxygen to help bring me out of it. Like I said just try to relax today and think of where you will be in 24 hours. You will be well on your way to a healthier life. Good luck and keep us posted!

Good luck!!!!