Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kiki, im freaking out too about the anesthesia !!!

J

Getting banded 9/22

don't fret! you can do it! I'm on my way now. The doctor is running ahead of schedule so I'm now at 12:15.

We'll get thru this together!

Good luck!

Well I am getting banded tomorrow and I am so very nervous. My anxiety is through the roof and I don't know how I'll get over this part. I have been wanting this for so long and now that the time is here, I am terrified. I'm sure things will only be worse tomorrow. I'm trying to look on the bright side but all I think about is being put under anesthesia and how much that freaks me out. Aside from that, I am starting to get things ready. Anybody have any suggestions as to what I should take with me when I check in tomorrow morning. I'm so nervous I'm not even thinking straight. Any feedback would help. Thanks.

Kiki, everything will go great. I just thought of it as getting a good nap while my family sat in the waiting room wishing they could take a nap too. ;-)

My surgery was outpatient an I wore really comfy clothes and slip on sandals. The only thing I took with me was my asthma inhalers, which I used just before going to the OR. They provided everything else I needed until I went home that afternoon.

Good luck!

Tomorrow is the day! Good luck to everyone having their surgery tomorrow. I look forward to continuing the journey with you as a post-op. :)

Is anyone besides me having Lap-Band with plication? My doctor just started doing it with the band. He says that it helps with the hunger issue and also probably helps you lose a little faster. Anyone?

Peps

Peps, that is what I had, but since I am on day 5 post op, there isn't much difference right now than the regular lap band procedure, I don't think. Having high hopes that the plication does what it is supposed to do in support of the band, or the band in support of the plication, which ever way it is supposed to work.

Managed to shave my legs today! Major happy victory. LOL

Peps, that is what I had, but since I am on day 5 post op, there isn't much difference right now than the regular lap band procedure, I don't think. Having high hopes that the plication does what it is supposed to do in support of the band, or the band in support of the plication, which ever way it is supposed to work.

Managed to shave my legs today! Major happy victory. LOL

Hi, I guess I forgot the most important thing about the plication--helps the band from slipping! My nurse practitioner said that I would have to be on full liquids for 2 weeks with the plication added. Is that what you're having to do? I just wish next Thursday would hurry and get here! Glad to know you've had the same thing. Let's stay in touch. Wooo--shaved our legs! Whoooopee! Good for you! Did you have a hard time doing it? Once when I had surgery I had my husband shave my legs. It was the most pitiful job I've ever seen. He ws afraid of cutting me, so he barely touched the skin. It was really useless. Ha, ha!! Take care.

Peg

Peg, I am on what my doc calls thin liquids for a week. It must run off a spoon, so I can have strained, creamy Soups but no yogurt or puddings. Week 2 is mushy, Week 3 & 4 are soft and hopefully at a month I will be on regular solids. My doctor thinks you get the benefits of the gastric sleeve in the beginning with the weight loss coming not only from the band but the plication of the stomach. As time goes by the band will come more into effect as the early benefits of the plication slow down. Also holding the band in place is a big deal. I am excited about being a part of this new procedure and hope that the good initial outcomes shown in the testing will be as good in my weight loss.

I am a widow and live alone, so if something needs to be done, I have to do it myself. Although, I cannot imagine my late husband shaving my legs. I would have been terrified while he was doing it. lol

Yes, let's stay in touch on this journey together.

Pam

Peg, I am on what my doc calls thin liquids for a week. It must run off a spoon, so I can have strained, creamy Soups but no yogurt or puddings. Week 2 is mushy, Week 3 & 4 are soft and hopefully at a month I will be on regular solids. My doctor thinks you get the benefits of the gastric sleeve in the beginning with the weight loss coming not only from the band but the plication of the stomach. As time goes by the band will come more into effect as the early benefits of the plication slow down. Also holding the band in place is a big deal. I am excited about being a part of this new procedure and hope that the good initial outcomes shown in the testing will be as good in my weight loss.

I am a widow and live alone, so if something needs to be done, I have to do it myself. Although, I cannot imagine my late husband shaving my legs. I would have been terrified while he was doing it. lol

Yes, let's stay in touch on this journey together.

Pam

So sorry for your loss, Pam. Is that a grandchild that you're holding in your picture? So cute!

I'll be on full liquids for 2 weeks, 2 weeks of mushies, and then on to solids. Doesn't that sound just yummy?

I, too, am glad to be a part of this new union of the band and plication. Sounds exciting. I know a lady in my church who has Lap-Band, hers slipped and had to redo it. When the dr. did the surgery again, he also did the plication.

I look forward to a brand new friendship! I'll definitely stay in touch.

Peg

Hi all My banding date is the 23rd of Sept. At NYU in NYC

You totally sounds like me last weekend. I was banded last Monday and Sat and Sun prior I was a mess stressing out. I was so excited to have it, had been going through the process since May and then the weekend before, scared, questioning myself, nervous. I think it is a totally normal feeling and let me tell you once you are on the flip side of the surgery you will feel so much better about your decision. Just try and relax today. The only things I took were my nook, a brush, toothbrush and my own pajamas. The anesthesia.... they will just give you some medicine to relax you in the pre-op room and I am usually done by then so I don't even remember going to sleep. Next thing I knew they were waking me up telling me I was all done and they were giving me some oxygen to help bring me out of it. Like I said just try to relax today and think of where you will be in 24 hours. You will be well on your way to a healthier life. Good luck and keep us posted!

You totally sounds like me last weekend. I was banded last Monday and Sat and Sun prior I was a mess stressing out. I was so excited to have it, had been going through the process since May and then the weekend before, scared, questioning myself, nervous. I think it is a totally normal feeling and let me tell you once you are on the flip side of the surgery you will feel so much better about your decision. Just try and relax today. The only things I took were my nook, a brush, toothbrush and my own pajamas. The anesthesia.... they will just give you some medicine to relax you in the pre-op room and I am usually done by then so I don't even remember going to sleep. Next thing I knew they were waking me up telling me I was all done and they were giving me some oxygen to help bring me out of it. Like I said just try to relax today and think of where you will be in 24 hours. You will be well on your way to a healthier life. Good luck and keep us posted!

Hey SD, just wanted to say thanks. I am so nervous but I am taking your advise and just taking it easy. I almost had a panic attack earlier but I took some deep breaths and it passed. So glad I joined this forum cause reading peoples positive Outlook and feedback beings tears to my eyes. Needless to say, I love it! Thanks again and ill def keep ya posted.

I'm on board for a September post-op group also. Sometimes it's better to vent and discuss things with folks who are at the same point in their journey as we are rather than someone who is a couple years banded and been through it all. They are good for advice, but maybe not as patient with newbies venting. I'm looking forward to Thursday when I can have mashed taters and scrambled eggs!!

Hi all My banding date is the 23rd of Sept. At NYU in NYC

Hi Jon! Welcome. rolleyes.gif Good luck on your journey!!

Post op sept group sure! I'm game. Just like u said we newbies need each other.

Hi all- Okay for those of you banded more than a week ago did you still have some pain? I am still sore up under my ribs. I don't know if this is normal or if something could have gone wrong. I don't know if I am just being paranoid and thought I would feel better quicker. Don't get me wrong, I am feeling better day by day but thought I would feel better sooner. Thanks!

Dawn