Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im home and doing well. I remeber fom my previous surgeries that there is a huge difference the second day. I'm still glad I. Got this done. And am so happy to have this part done. Everyone's posts have been dead on, about how I. Feel. I did tell the anesthesiologist to give me plenty of anti nausea meds and she did. I also got a patch behind my ear and hva no problems. I would recommend everyone to do the same!

I've been very lucky - no nausea yet... 60+ hours post surgery

The surgeon's office surprised me with a call last week to schedule my surgery for 9/21...so I'm officially a September bander!!!

Off of my arthritis med for a week which is causing some pain and mobility issues but it is a temporary situation.

Stocked up on all of my Clear Liquids for the first two weeks post op.

Getting all of the preparations for my first grandchild's birth done before the surgery as I probably won't want to be assembling cribs, etc. afterwards.

Visited the hospital and the bariatric wing, I highly recommend this as it reduced my stress about what is going to happen immediately after the surgery. The staff met me so I'll have a friendly face waiting for me the day of surgery.

Ok July Bandsters was a great success and I was so thrilled to watch everyone's progress and immediate results that I thought we should start a thread for September Bandsters to share

I'm excited and yet apprehensive at the same time as I'm sure eveyrone has been. I start my presurgery diet next week (high Protein, low carb). I was only 37 BMI so they told me to hold off until I got approval! On September 7 is my preop. I also think that's the day I start the preop liquid diet?

Feel free to add yourself and we'll keep track together!

Winifred Sept 17

I'm so frustrated. I asked my doctor, and the surgery center several times to schedule my banding as early as possible in the morning because of stress and I just got my call for Monday. They have scheduled me to arrive at 1:15PM- which means probably not even having the surgery until at least 3pm or 4. Of course since I am reasonably healthy and only prediabetic, I am scheduled last on the list which means they will be rushing me out the door so that they can leave for the day. I feel very pushed to the back of the line right now. Wah!

Just venting

Hi all- I am now 4 days days post op and have a question. Yesterday I was feeling pretty good and ran a couple errands wiith my husband, nothing big. We went to the tool store and I waited in the car and then we went to the store and got literally like 10 things, I didn't lift anything, push the cart, nothing. Last night the spot where my port is had a sort of burning feeling. I was just wondering if anyone else has had sort of a burning feeling when healing. I don't have a fever or anything that would indicate an infection but just wondering if anyone else has experienced that. Thanks for any help :)

Dawn

Your transformation is amazing! Congratulations!

oneyearpre-op.jpg

I'm so excited to see the September group-- I was banded one year ago in September and it was one of the best things I've every done for myself. I remember spending time looking at pics to try to imagine where I might be and finding them inspirational, but I could never really imagine what might happen for me. These are pics of one-year's progress ( I started a low-carb pre-op diet in August a month before my surgery, so my surgery weight was 264 in September).

Good luck to all of you!

Hello All,

Had a 4-hr mtg. on Mon. with a bariatric nurse and dietician. On Tues. had to go back to hospital for meeting with nurse practitioner and have all lab work done. Started liver-shrinking diet yesterday. So far I haven't bitten anyone's head off. Ha, ha!! My surgery is on the 29th, and I am so ready for it.

Sounds like most of you have had positive experiences as far as the surgery and afterwards. I'll be joining you soon!:D

Take care, everyone.

Peg

I was told the same thing. I had my nutrition seminar on 8/8 and was told to get off of all caffeine and carbonated drinks. He doesn't want us to have any after surgery due to caffeine's potential to cause ulcers and carbonation fills up the limited space with gas.

It is interesting to see so many of you are on liquid diets so far in advance of the surgery. I did a trial after 8/8 just to see which things I wanted to use for the post-op period...but I'm only to be on Clear liquids 2 days before the surgery. I can eat normally until then. My surgery is 9/21.

I had to give up all carbonated beverages and all caffeinated drinks. If I could only have a diet pepsi I'm sure I would be so much happier.

Hi all- I am now 4 days days post op and have a question. Yesterday I was feeling pretty good and ran a couple errands wiith my husband, nothing big. We went to the tool store and I waited in the car and then we went to the store and got literally like 10 things, I didn't lift anything, push the cart, nothing. Last night the spot where my port is had a sort of burning feeling. I was just wondering if anyone else has had sort of a burning feeling when healing. I don't have a fever or anything that would indicate an infection but just wondering if anyone else has experienced that. Thanks for any help :)

Dawn

I wouldn't worry about it at all, especially if the sensation is now gone. Getting feelings like that from wounds as they heal is not unusual at all. (trust me, I laid down my motorcycle back in may & was covered in road rash & had lacerations with stitches all over - I felt that all the time)

I wouldn't worry about it at all, especially if the sensation is now gone. Getting feelings like that from wounds as they heal is not unusual at all. (trust me, I laid down my motorcycle back in may & was covered in road rash & had lacerations with stitches all over - I felt that all the time)

Thanks! It is hard to tell what is normal healing process and what is something going wrong. I think it is just weird to me that there is something foreign in me and I want to make sure that port stays right where it should, lol. The surgeon did say that he found a perfectly flat spot in my ab muscles that the port just settled perfectly into and he couldn't have found a better spot for it. It is just a weird feeling, I can totally feel it. How are you feeling?

Thanks! It is hard to tell what is normal healing process and what is something going wrong. I think it is just weird to me that there is something foreign in me and I want to make sure that port stays right where it should, lol. The surgeon did say that he found a perfectly flat spot in my ab muscles that the port just settled perfectly into and he couldn't have found a better spot for it. It is just a weird feeling, I can totally feel it. How are you feeling?

Feeling great!!! Only took pain meds for first 36 hours. Little soreness in my belly, especially when contracting my abdominal muscles (it's good to know that I do have muscles underneath all this fat!)

Still not eating enough calories, but Fluid intake is right up to par!

Feeling great!!! Only took pain meds for first 36 hours. Little soreness in my belly, especially when contracting my abdominal muscles (it's good to know that I do have muscles underneath all this fat!)

Still not eating enough calories, but Fluid intake is right up to par!

That's awesome! I am still taking the pain meds but not very often. I don't like taking them but the burning last night was bad and I took a dose today. That was what I said to the dr when he said he found the perfect place on my abs for the port, "I have muscles under all this fat?" Who knew?

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to this forum. My surgery is on Sept 20, so I am looking for support. I've been wanting this surgery for years and it is almost here. :) I'm very excited to begin this journey.

I am new to this site. I will have my surgery on 9-19-2011. I am nervous but so excited that it is finely here. I have been reading many stories and gained a lot of knowledge about the surgery. I feel so confident that we will all be successful in our journeys.

I am still taking my pain meds but my left side is very painful. I am walking in the apt and moving around a lot so hopefully just another couple of days til some relief is in sight.

Welcome! I have my surgery this Monday, 9/19. this forum has a LOT of info from those who have gone before us and those who are about to step into this change. Read up, ask questions, and keep up posted on how you're doing!

Becky

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to this forum. My surgery is on Sept 20, so I am looking for support. I've been wanting this surgery for years and it is almost here. :) I'm very excited to begin this journey.