Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok July Bandsters was a great success and I was so thrilled to watch everyone's progress and immediate results that I thought we should start a thread for September Bandsters to share

I'm excited and yet apprehensive at the same time as I'm sure eveyrone has been. I start my presurgery diet next week (high Protein, low carb). I was only 37 BMI so they told me to hold off until I got approval! On September 7 is my preop. I also think that's the day I start the preop liquid diet?

Feel free to add yourself and we'll keep track together!

Winifred Sept 17

I'm getting banded on September 6th, I start my preop diet on the 23rd. I am also on the high Protein, low carb diet.

I'm penciled in for September 19, awaiting insurance approval. I would start my preop diet on Labor Day. Right now, all I can do is 'practice' not eating and drinking at the same time, continue to track and keep to the diet I've been on, and check up on the insurance company every week to make sure the paperwork isn't "lost". I've just found this site and forum and have been learning a lot about the day-to-day issues for banding, pro and post-op.

My surgery is on September 2. I start my pre-op diet on August 26. I'm so ready to start losing weight!

I'm getting banded sept 22. My preop diet is low carb x 2 wks. So excited !

I will be banded on September 1st so looking for support and someone to share the journey with. I have not been told anything about the pro op diet. I actually have my pre op day on August 30 and get banded on September 1st. I hope they let know me know anything I need to be doing soon. My BMI is 32 so I am opting to pay for my surgery with a combination insurance because of the hietal hernia. Congratulations to us on choosing to make a life sytle change. Look forward to your suppor

t.

Well , I am happy to say I fianally have a secured surgery date. My dates went from August 12,2011 to August 19th now the actually day is drum roll please .......... SEPTEMBER 14,2011 @ 7:30am I am so excited. I start my high Protein diet on September 1st. I have so happy to have a site where we can talk and encourge each other through this amazing new beginings. :D

Mine is on September 19 too. Luck to us all! Preop date September 7.

I don't have a date yet. I just finished my 6 months and it is being submitted. I am hoping for a Sept. Surgery date. What is the pre op visit for?

Hi there all you life changers. I'm new to this too. I made the decision to undergo this procedure because I am just sick and tired of shots and oils and loss and gain as I am sure you all are as well. My surgery is scheduled for Sept 2. I already had my pre op tests and will start the pre op liquid diet about 8/24. A little nervous about what I have read about varying problems I.e. Regurg, vomiting, Ns no to little loss. I hate feeling nausea. Well. Here I go!

Whoop whoop! We're getting banded on the same day!

I'm a little nervous about vomiting as well. One of my sisters vomits often, but I believe it's because she has not learned how to properly slow down and eat her food. I am determined to vomit as little as possible, even though I realize I will have to go through some growing pains as I adjust to life with the band.

Hi there all you life changers. I'm new to this too. I made the decision to undergo this procedure because I am just sick and tired of shots and oils and loss and gain as I am sure you all are as well. My surgery is scheduled for Sept 2. I already had my pre op tests and will start the pre op liquid diet about 8/24. A little nervous about what I have read about varying problems I.e. Regurg, vomiting, Ns no to little loss. I hate feeling nausea. Well. Here I go!

My surgery date is August 31st so far barring any problems with my pre op blood work and EKG on Aug 26th I begin my pre op liquid diet on wednesday I think I will have more in common with the September Bandsters than I will with the August Bandsters but will keep an eye on both forums I would love to know how to get one of those weight tickers on my signature to us here if anybody can help with that please let me know Thank You.

Peggy

Just to check out your vitals, make sure there have been no changes in your health that can affect the surgery-if you had a cold or were sick that would push your date back....

My surgery is on September 2. I start my pre-op diet on August 26. I'm so ready to start losing weight!

September 2 is my son's birthday...so it WILL be a good day! Good luck to you!

Thanks! Happy Birthday to your son as well!

September 2 is my son's birthday...so it WILL be a good day! Good luck to you!