Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I saw Dr. Wonderful today for my 6 week checkup .

I have lost a total of 15 lbs with 8 of them being since my last appt.

He said I am doing fine...he isn't really too concerned with the actual weight loss right now....just getting the right eating habits. I was asked 5 times if I was working out ( good thing I could say YES!)

We discussed the fact that I am getting hungry now at the 3.5 hour mark so he did a small fill. He gave me 1cc so I have 5cc now.

The fill was so easy..I was so nervous.

He pushed some of the paper up behind me as a pillow and then I laid back he felt around...and then told me to exhale and push my tummy out against his hand. It was over in two seconds---- giving blood hurt more than this. I could feel the saline going it...it was a weird sensation. liquids for the rest of the day, mushies tomorrow, and I can start eating normal again at the end of the week---but avoid bread and steak.

I have to start eating my Breakfast later in the day. Because I gave up coffee and go to work...I was having a Protein Shake in the morning. I was having it right when I get up. Now I am supposed to wait at least 1.5 hours before eating and he wants me to move away from the shakes and eat more solids.

That's about it........oh...funny story....when I went to the support group I ran into someone I know from work. We don't work together but we work with people who work with each other. She was there because she is planning to get the band. We were SHOCKED to see each other and we pinky sweared not to tell anyone.

i have had my 2nd fill and at 5ccs in my 10 cc band and can feel it. But I think the swelling has gone down now cause i am starting to be able to eat a bit better. I am looking at another fill beginning of March.. I don't want to travel sea to sky due to the olympics unless I really have too.. It may get a little crazy here...

I had my 2nd fill yesterday It wasn't as bad as my first. Now I am at 5.5 ccs in a 14cc band. :rolleyes2: I had to have my incision reopened in my belly button.(because it did not healing right) I was not a happy camper. The doctor numb it with about 10 shots of novakain which hurt worse then the fill. :thumbup:

I had my 2nd fill yesterday It wasn't as bad as my first. Now I am at 5.5 ccs in a 14cc band. :rolleyes2: I had to have my incision reopened in my belly button.(because it did not healing right) I was not a happy camper. The doctor numb it with about 10 shots of novakain which hurt worse then the fill. :thumbup:

OH no! So sorry you had to go through that!

[QUOTE=tmaiello;1404717]Well, it seems we all had similar experiences on the first fill. My Dr. did it under floro, but didn't use it to locate the port so, he missed the first time and got it the second. He used the floro to ensure I got the best tightening and that didn't work either. I am still not very restricted and now will have to schedule a second fill.

I guess this is where the LAP-BAND® patients don't do as well as Gastric bypass as we have to go through a few fills to get the right restriction, so we don't lose the weight as fast as they do.

Well, I guess I'll have to take it back, he chose the right amount for the fill the first time. I was worried it wasn't tight enough (6.0 cc's), and that I wouldn't lose weight. Since the fill, I lost another 10 or so lbs. for the three weeks and even went on vacation. I definitely was wrong.

I was originally thinking I'd be happy if I got to 240lbs. I cannot tell all of you how excited I am to say the the 225 goal weight may also be too early. I have about 38 lbs to go and I am thinking about going for 215. I haven't been that small since early high school.

I hope all of you are as excited as I am and are seeing as much progress. I need to get more exercise in, but that doesn't seem to stop me from losing. I must be making that up in other activities that I don't even notice the increase in!

I still wish all of you continued sucess! Keep at it, we're gonna make it!

Anthony

2 1/2 years to get insurance approval!

Surgery 12/3/09

Weight Loss after Surgery

weight.png

Overall Weight loss since 11/2009

weight.png

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my first fill and now it feels like I never had one. The doc said he put 5cc in and I felt restricted the first week. Now, not so much at all. Today, I've been hungry all day since I'm on some sort of PMS rollercoaster, and although I've made healthier choices than I would have in the past, I feel like a bottomless pit. Just needing some encouragement, I guess. Hope all is going well for all of you.

I saw 299 today!!!! 299.6 with clothes and shoes on!!! If I could do a flip, I would! I haven't seen 2-anything in well over 10 years! Woohoo!!!

Not going to record it since I snuck and found the scale I had my hubby hide while he was at work this evening...only supposed to weigh myself on Thursday evenings...but WOW I am sooooo happy!

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my first fill and now it feels like I never had one. The doc said he put 5cc in and I felt restricted the first week. Now, not so much at all. Today, I've been hungry all day since I'm on some sort of PMS rollercoaster, and although I've made healthier choices than I would have in the past, I feel like a bottomless pit. Just needing some encouragement, I guess. Hope all is going well for all of you.

Kimmie,

I don't think any of us can say that even when the band is adjusted optimally, we never feel hungry. That just wouldn't be human. We all need extra patience to accept what we are doing as necessary and now MORE controllable than before.

If you feel that there is no restriction (you never reach full), then you need a little more. If you reach full, see how many ounces of what types of food it takes to get you to that point and then discuss it with your RD (dietician). The dietician will help you with your choices and will suggest what is the next step for you.

My dietician is a saint. He really goes the extra mile and was the missing part of the puzzle for me!

Keep going Kimmie.....you'll make it!

Anthony

2 1/2 years to get insurance approval!

Surgery 12/3/09

Weight Loss after Surgery

weight.png

Overall Weight loss since 11/2009

weight.png

Edited by tmaiello
Add signature and tickers!

OH no! So sorry you had to go through that!

Thank You MissyMS me too!!!

I'll pms with you. Ugh.

I'm just hanging out ... waiting for BCBS to approve my 'port revision' surgery since my port flipped! Grrrrr! Did I mention how amazingly hungry I am? I'm behaving and not overloading but it's hard sometimes. Especially since I have nada in my band! Say a prayer! BCBS needs to hurry up and approve! :thumbup:)

I saw 299 today!!!! 299.6 with clothes and shoes on!!! If I could do a flip, I would! I haven't seen 2-anything in well over 10 years! Woohoo!!!

Not going to record it since I snuck and found the scale I had my hubby hide while he was at work this evening...only supposed to weigh myself on Thursday evenings...but WOW I am sooooo happy!

Liz - That's awesome!! Congratulations!! :thumbup:

Finally hit my first goal today!

I'm just hanging out ... waiting for BCBS to approve my 'port revision' surgery since my port flipped! Grrrrr! Did I mention how amazingly hungry I am? I'm behaving and not overloading but it's hard sometimes. Especially since I have nada in my band! Say a prayer! BCBS needs to hurry up and approve! :thumbup:)

Bama, You hang in there girl! We are all here with you. I think of you often. Before you know it you'll be right there on track with the rest of us, gettin' those fills. Take care of yourself. Be good to yourself right now. Hugs to you...

Well, crap. I thought I was doing very well, having lost 20 lbs. But I have read some of the posts on this thread and feel like I am behind the curve! I just had my first fill a few days ago. Before that, I didn't have much restriction.