Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

Here's the updated list. What a nice lookin' bunch! :wink2: Let me know if I missed anyone!

Week 1

Monday, November 30: Electrawoman

Tuesday, December 1: RandaPanda, TheCutestFatty, terriamn, diana1, LALALUDE (tbd), great expectations (tbd), oceancity4me (tbd)

Wednesday, December 2: garden-nut, yosemite, Su59, Bobbie0918, austrolatrishy, take charge time, michelleisaac, nurseb24, lcdragna, BeeSwank, iamdabozz205

Thursday, December 3: tbird1211, dmdsanchez, suzycooke, mommymya, sxygma130, Claudean, lapfish, homewith2, ganda, adevong, RAinNH, iza0403

Friday, December 4: kslessar, KarynA, cent, juke, syly14, NurseRachel, MyOldSelfBack, 1skinnychick, Razorgirl, mkmelissag

Week 2

Monday, December 7: lackey4, RadioGirl311, HappyMe2009, lpglarry, realtruelady, Yolly, kimr55760, Maureen62, gkc1300

Tuesday, December 8: Zanath, Veronda, this.is.4.me, pinklily27, cheley31

Wednesday, December 9: michelleintheoc, Irishbookworm, nursejojo, Pam92, tdtucker, SwanGal, ladons

Thursday, December 10: msjoachin1, kellu25, karin joseph, AnastasiaBeaverhausen, harleyhottie0612

Friday, December 11: Ernieschick, mmh, LindaO, sarahnoh, Kathryn2003, LindaO, Poppyred, texasnewf, soontobe, bounser, texasnewf

Week 3

Monday, December 14: j-mae, Drasan (tbd), ceecee3272 (tbd), hhcurious, seraiah3

Tuesday, December 15: voodoo, BigMomma, slmsister, TinaM, ididit35, GoneFishin, sluggo

Wednesday, December 16: cin_a_mon

Thursday, December 17: librarychick, adagray, TracyW2, Melinco, drumr2112, ChaosIsOrder

Friday, December 18: bren5500; policy34, blondie219, kimmi0919

Week 4

Monday, December 21: hunybear53. abbylamb, great expectations, ymjackson1

Tuesday, December 22: illuminationlady, kimwash71112, NolaLola, Bamablondie1, 65DeuceCoupe, liz.rochelle, mandze90, charole'

Wednesday, December 23: danielle.hurstcrose, NancyNC

Thursday, December 24: teenbndster12

Friday, December 25

Week 5

Monday, December 28: alicia3138, tracyv12, Bamablondie1, XxMariposaxX

Tuesday, December 29:jrene17, Kaitoujeff, alilash

Wednesday, December 30: TN_girl21, HapiCat, stampstalker, smitten kitten

Thursday, December 31

I love the way you organized this!

Oh no! I did not want to hear that! I've got a sinus cold now, at least I've got 2 1/2 weeks to clear it up before surgery...makes me want to go hide in a bubble! Glad they were able to reschedule pretty quick...good luck!

I, too, am being verrrrry careful. I go for my Preop class on Monday and it's with a group. Hope no one is sick. I feel like wearing a mask....and gloves...lol

Hello all. Regarding the bad tasting Protein Drinks and supplements for the pre op and some post op diets; I experienced that when I bought into Medfast. Wow, that stuff makes you want to gag. I read on this forum about other examples of similar products that are just horrible to take. I remember way back when how good Optifast tasted. If you are not familiar with this it is premised on the high Protein, low cal, low carb principle. Of course obviously I didn’t sustain the weight loss or else why this ha ha? Well Optifast is hard to get without entering an expensive Dr. supervised program. There are, however, online alternatives. It and other similar products can be bought with permission from your doctor. I chose one called Nutrimed that gives me 75gm of protein/day. It tastes okay and is an Optifast clone for less money. I get it from North Star Weigh loss.com. They are wonderful to work with and have other bariatric products. I am on day 3 of the pre-op diet and at least now I am eager for the next drink instead of dreading it. So you folks who were scheduled for surgery on Dec. 2 and 3, how ya doin’??

My nut said I can do 2 Slim Fast low carb, and 3 Atkins Advantage shakes (plus a cup of chicken broth, sugar free Jello, and 2 sugar free popsicles) a day for my 2 week pre-op diet. I've already been drinking the Slim Fast and Atkins shakes for Breakfast pretty much every day since September and I really like those...chocolate are the best. Especially when you get them really cold. They were kind of "blah" when I first started, but now I think they are pretty good.

Last Day to Vote in our Poll! It closes at 5. Pick your favorite! I believe it will be December Delights with our motto being My Best Christmas Present Ever. How does that sound to everyone?

That's cool!

As most of yall may already know, Slimfast has recalled all of their canned products. You may want to talk to your doctor for an alternate if what you are using isn't in powder form.

I am coming to a close on my 3 week pre-op diet and have done quite well. As of today, I lost 19 pounds. I gained a pound from a lil snacking I did. I told my nurse and he said with a 19 pound loss, I should feel bad about a lil snacking. :biggrin: My surgery is on Monday and my mother flys in tomorrow morning. I am so excited about the support. I am ready to be on the bandwagon. This journey will be a journey but it is my journey and that is what makes it wonderful for me. See you on the band side real soon.:wink2:

As most of yall may already know, Slimfast has recalled all of their canned products. You may want to talk to your doctor for an alternate if what you are using isn't in powder form.

I am coming to a close on my 3 week pre-op diet and have done quite well. As of today, I lost 19 pounds. I gained a pound from a lil snacking I did. I told my nurse and he said with a 19 pound loss, I should feel bad about a lil snacking. :lol: My surgery is on Monday and my mother flys in tomorrow morning. I am so excited about the support. I am ready to be on the bandwagon. This journey will be a journey but it is my journey and that is what makes it wonderful for me. See you on the band side real soon.:biggrin:

Slim Fast recalled their canned products.. WTH? Why? :wink2: I hadn't heard... I went for final pre-op blood work today for surgery on Monday @ 9am and went shopping for all my liquids post-op. I have to admit I felt some type of way going past all of the "goodies" I would normally pick up and rationalize that I "needed" for one reason/occasion or another. I had a whole grocery cart full of liquid nutrition in on form or another.

We're in the countdown and we are taking our power back! :wink2:

HI Ladies and Gents,

my name is Leah. i thought I had tried to reply on this thread about two weeks ago but i do not really know what i am doing. i had my preop today and all is a go for the 14th! My first visit to the doc was only about two weeks ago, but unlike three years ago, blue cross was a breeze to get authorized. Probably because i am now borderline diabetic. How are you early december patients doing? I have no idea how to make a ticker tape of my weight etc....i wish i had time to figure it out. I have lost 12.5 lbs since my first visit and have to start my preop liquid diet on Tuesday. Not looking forward to that but I am still excited. The girl in admitting weighed about 110 and she said she had a band put in about 3 years earlier and she used to weigh 235. It is great to see people that have already been through it and are a success story. My psych for my eval had the RNY and her husband and son had both had the band and all were doing great. Just the thought of losing weight and keeping it off sounds too good to be true...been through it sooooo many times.... would love to hear how everyone is doing. I need the support with someone going through it at the same time. If anyone can tell me how to get a ticker tape running, pls email me at lwright22@verizon.net. Are you even allowed to put your email address on this thing? Looking forward to our journey!:wink2:

weight.png

Edited by LALALUDE
trying to add ticker

I am coming to a close on my 3 week pre-op diet and have done quite well. As of today, I lost 19 pounds. I gained a pound from a lil snacking I did. I told my nurse and he said with a 19 pound loss, I should feel bad about a lil snacking. :biggrin: My surgery is on Monday and my mother flys in tomorrow morning. I am so excited about the support. I am ready to be on the bandwagon. This journey will be a journey but it is my journey and that is what makes it wonderful for me. See you on the band side real soon.:wink2:

yeah I just read about Slim Fast...that sucks! I really liked those and was going to the store today to stock up for my liquid diet I start on Tues! I'll have to get with my nut . Thanks for the info & good luck Monday!

I'm being banded 12/14. WooHoo! So excited to get this thing going. The pre-op diet has been okay. The first two days were the worst but I lived through it. ~Maybe that is the key to success? One MINUTE at a time. :wink2:

Hi everyone!... I'm back and I'm BANDED! My appt. was at noon (pst) yesterday and I was back home by around 5 pm. Everything went fine and everyone at the srgi-center was great. It felt like I was surrounded by family. I woke-up from surgery feeling pressure in the soloplex area and I didn't feel like I could inhale deeply (which is normal, I guess). This morning, I'm a little sore at the incision sites, but that's about it. The doctor said today might be a little rougher cause all the good medicine will be out of my system.

Anyway, I just wanted to check-in with you and let you know that it went well. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Hi everyone!... I'm back and I'm BANDED! My appt. was at noon (pst) yesterday and I was back home by around 5 pm. Everything went fine and everyone at the srgi-center was great. It felt like I was surrounded by family. I woke-up from surgery feeling pressure in the soloplex area and I didn't feel like I could inhale deeply (which is normal, I guess). This morning, I'm a little sore at the incision sites, but that's about it. The doctor said today might be a little rougher cause all the good medicine will be out of my system.

Anyway, I just wanted to check-in with you and let you know that it went well. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations!!!

my doc said that i could not use slim fast. it was never an option. i have bought some Unjury but have not even tried it yet....maybe everyone should list their favorites so we can have options to choose from. i am going to go on line and see if i can find Optifast but i doubt it. I figured out my tickweight.pnger tape....yeah!

i'm tententively scheduleded for dec 28th. :smile2::thumbup::tongue2::sleep::w00t:

lots of emotions involved with this decision. :w00t: