Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

:wub:Hi glad to hear you are doing well! I couldnt get my bander to work . My show up time is 730 today.Every one at work think I am on vac ha ha:lol: I do need some down time been working on my days off have 21hr of ot this check !:w00t: Hope I will be able to shop next week .Till later get well soon!

I'll be at the hospital in 12 hours! So ready for this....been feeling very much "at peace" today.

Congratulations to the recently banded and best wishes to those of us having surgery tomorrow! (I think there was 10 of us at last count!)

Have a great night, everyone!

Suzy

HOpe everything went well :w00t:

Good luck to all today. I'm so excited my preop appointment is next friday I'm getting close. woohoo.

Guest austrolatrishy

Yup, I had Dr. Hollis. He was wonderful and very reassuring! Good luck to you!

Im getting banded on Dec.14th and I'm excited, I've been this way my whole life so Im a lttitle nervous about how im going to look...but anywho GOOOD LUCK to all Dec. bandsters !!

I can't wait to hear from the others that were scheduled for today!

I was one of them, until the anesthesiologist took a look at my throat and listened to my lungs. Turns out my minor sinus congestion was not so minor. Because of the risk of pneumonia, and that I have airway issues (sleep apnea) anyway, she won't touch me for at least two weeks! AH! I was so bummed this morning, and went out for a big pancake Breakfast (terrible, I know). I was freaking out because my 90 day window for insurance approval is about to expire and I will have re-submit everything. Also, the word at my husband's job is that the insurance will be changing on Jan 1, so if I don't get it done by the end of the year, I'm going to have to start over with a whole new ins co!

I feel a lot better now that I've talked to the ins coordinator at the the surgeons ofc - she said not to worry - she's already working on the new approval. I'm tentatively rescheduled for the 18th. I stopped by my pcp, and she gave me the stongest antibiotic she could. I think she was just as bummed - she's been trying to get me to do the lap band for almost 2 yrs now! Actually now I'm kind of glad. I don't want to risk complications. An the 18th works out better work schedule-wise.... more time to re-coop with the holiday thrown in. Thank goodness we didn't plan to travel this Xmas!

Anyway, I hope everyone else who was scheduled today sailed through with flying colors. You guys are in my thoughts.

Edited by mkmelissag

My band date is Dec 18. I am so excited and ready to start this new chapter in my life.

My band date is Dec 18. I am so excited and ready to start this new chapter in my life.

Congrats! Right behind you on the 21st.. Best wishes!

I got THE call today...my surgery date is at 1 pm on DECEMBER 17TH. Doesn't it kinda feel like a birthday??

My real birthday is ten days later, so December is going to be a nice month for me in the future.

KarynA thank you so much for doing this December bandsters..you are the one who started the thread, right?? I donlt know how to get a profile picture up...I tried and thought I had done it right but now it doesn;t show up anywhere...

I am supposed to be on the pre-op liquid fast for 14 days, but they are going to have to go with 13 days...since I just got the call today...at least I have all the right goodies to drink and am prepared for the two weeks after as well, plus the mushy stuff.

G-d is so good..this date fits right where it should be. I finish a huge project on the 16th of December...what a blessing to have a humble spiritual holiday season.

May everyone be blessed with their December brithday. Let me know those of you who are having it done today and before me...KarynA yours is TODAY!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR YOU ARE FINE AND WELL.

love to everyone >smile<

Sara

Washington Dc area

49.4 BMI ; 330 lbs for the last time in my life.

Sara, I'm the 17th too! My surgery is at 7:30 am. Should be home shortly after 12:00 noon. I start my pre-op on Monday, I'm doing 10 days of high protein/low to no carb solid foods.

Our stats are pretty similar, but you must be a bit taller than I am, we have about the same BMIs. I'm so looking forward to having a BMI of less than 40 as one of my first goals.

Are you Miss Tori?? I cracked up when I read about Bruce being inside you.

Guess I could name my band. I wish I knew my Guardian Angel's name. Maybe they would not like a band being named after them, but hey, "if your right hand offends, cut it off." This is my foundation for accepting the band.

:wink2: I am now taking suggestions for the name of my band...

love your humor :biggrin:

>smile<

Sara

post-273860-13813138930478_thumb.jpg

post-273860-13813138930927_thumb.jpg

I am so happy now to be heading down through rabbit hole, and into a new world on December 17th, 2009

I am on the East Coast, so if you are in Colorado, we're prpobably heading in around the same time. I will pray for you that day......

smohhhkin.bmp

Sara, yes that's me! So you've read my blog, huh? You should become a follower. One day, I may get enough followers to become a "cult" leader. lol Probably not.

I started my blog in '08 when we started our IVF process. Unfortunately, it didn't work and now I'm here trying to lose weight so we can do donor eggs or embryos. Since my age won't play a factor, we just have to worry about my weight. I can get lighter, but I can't get younger! Go figure.

Yeah! My band got approved :-) My surgery date is set for December 9th. The forum has been great to know I am not alone! I have lost 14 lbs since my consultation. I will drop back in after my surgery and let you know how it went! YEAH for US, we are taking control :-)