Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

Hello Toes, we share the same date!!! and today is it!!

I'm sitting in my bed, past restless with less than 3 hours until I need to be at the hospital. I'm so excited and too afraid of what scares me about tomorrow to be afraid so I'm running on faith and jitters and anxiety and... I'm just so happy.

side note: stepped on the scale....299. I've been trying to get to under 300 this whole time with this blasted liquid diet and just when i was content with 3 even.... I got a nice 299 surprise and an extra boost in confidence for the big day tehe

I'll be sure to check back in after. Wish me luck!!!

:)

Edited by teenbndstr12

Yeah, on the 299! If I am there on Monday, I will be thrilled, too!

Good luck, happy thoughts, prayers and all going out for the Christmas Eve folk. hope that doesn't offend.

I am sharing all of your excitement with the 299! I stepped on the scale today and that is what it read. I have been lingering at 300 since Monday.

YAY for the 299'ers! It's a great feeling!

Me-Lapfish-banded 12/3/09 w/Dr. Metz in Denver, CO. So, so ready for my first fill on the 4th of Jan! Hooray for all of us brave December folks with all the sweets around! :)

So since my cardiologist NEVER sent the paperwork my surgeon needed to get the ball rolling for 12/28 my surgery is now on hold. :) I was doing this surgery as a self-pay patient bc my insurance doesn't cover this procedure. My fiance is looking for work and I am hoping that when he finds a job it will have insurance that covers this procedure. So, now I am in date limbo :) I would love to do it ASAP because I am so ready! Most realistically it'll be March or April.

I can relate to your frustration. I was so ready for the surgery back in July, but was told before the insurance would even consider it, I would have to follow a six month doctor supervised diet. I was crushed and to this day dont really see the need for this. I mean, they were asking me to do something that I had already did all my life...diet. Loosing the weight had never been a problem with me. I could diet and loose the weight, but keeping it off was the real problem. I did loose a few pounds on the diet and it helped prepare me for the pre-op diet. Tomorrow will be a week since I was banded and today I was able to eat a small bowl of hot and sour Soup from the Chinese resturant. Finally, something other than Protein shakes! Hang in there tho, and stay focused on your main goal. The more obstacles thrown in your way, the more the surgery will mean for you.

Thank you for understanding Sticks! :):)

& good luck with your journey! 2010 will be a great year for you!

:smile:Happy Christmas Eve To All:smile:

No milk & Cookies for me this year!

May 2010 be everyones most successful year ever!!

Thanks so much for all of your best wishes (and prayers :) MissyMS) and sharing my excitement for 299!!!!

I made it! and even though I was apparently kicking and screaming "they didn't do the band! my liver was tooo fat! they didn't do the band!" coming out of anesthesia.....they actually did. From there it was smooth sailing, the nurses took me for my walk an hour after surgery and said I was clear and when they'd finally left my room I was up, ready, dressed, and pullin back the curtains all on my own to everyones surprise. Luckily i've got no "left shoulder pain" which I was worried for, nor do I have an appetite. Just a wicked dry mouth and a tight sore pain at my port sight which made it hard to stand completely up at times.

I'm itching to wrap these last minuet gifts but my meds are strong as is my drowsiness. I'm so happy I did it though and even though this is probably dangerous to say around the holidays.... it was truly a PIECE OF CAKE!

Congrats to all the December bandster before me and good luck to all ahead. Happy Holidays! and cheers to the beginning of the rest of our lives!:)

You should be so thankful about no shoulder pain. I have such pain around my collar bones it is crazy. Much more intense than the soreness in my belly.

I can't believe how well you are doing.

I am just 2 days out and feeling lots of pain, no hunger just trying to drink a little bit at a time.

As my kids are making brownies and Cookies for Santa I told them they probably didn't need to make that much this year because Santa really isnt' that hungry.

CONGRATS to our Christmas Eve Bandsters!!!

You should be so thankful about no shoulder pain. I have such pain around my collar bones it is crazy. Much more intense than the soreness in my belly.

I can't believe how well you are doing.

I am just 2 days out and feeling lots of pain, no hunger just trying to drink a little bit at a time.

As my kids are making brownies and Cookies for Santa I told them they probably didn't need to make that much this year because Santa really isnt' that hungry.

LOL Same here. I told my son that maybe we don't have to make a ton of cookies tonight and maybe leave some crystal lite instead of milk this year. ;-) Do you think my son will figure out who santa really is? LOL

I'm on day 2 post op and wow does my left shoulder and neck hurt. It's just really achey. And my guts sound like WWIII in there. It's terrible. It sounds like I'm starving to death but I'm not hungry what so ever. My family is sitting around having ham, potatoes, greens...good stuff. But I don't even want a bite.

Question: Do you all feel like you have heart burn? Or like something is stuck? I chewed my B complex tablet (that thing was HUGE) and since then I feel like something is stuck so I keep drinking but it still hurts a little.

sweet pete-

try room temp or warm liquids - i had that problem and the nurse told me it could be that what I was drinking was too cold and irritating

CONGRATS to our Christmas Eve Bandsters!!!

LOL Same here. I told my son that maybe we don't have to make a ton of Cookies tonight and maybe leave some crystal lite instead of milk this year. ;-) Do you think my son will figure out who santa really is? LOL

I'm on day 2 post op and wow does my left shoulder and neck hurt. It's just really achey. And my guts sound like WWIII in there. It's terrible. It sounds like I'm starving to death but I'm not hungry what so ever. My family is sitting around having ham, potatoes, greens...good stuff. But I don't even want a bite.

Question: Do you all feel like you have heart burn? Or like something is stuck? I chewed my B complex tablet (that thing was HUGE) and since then I feel like something is stuck so I keep drinking but it still hurts a little.

I'm finally banded and am 2 days post op! YEAH!! It really was not bad at all like I thought it would be. As soon as I got to the recovery room I was ready to get up and walk around (but of course they wouldnt let me do anything that quickly ;-) My inscisions are a little sore, but nothing major, and I didnt have any of the shoulder pain that I've ready about. My biggest problem now (sorry if its TMI) is gas in my abdomen that just seems to sit there. Any solutions other than walking (which I've been constantly doing)???