Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

Two days...on Weds, I will be banded. Wow.

Hard to believe, excited and nervous at the same time.

Got some Isopure to get me thru the "clear" days and some chocolate Protein Shakes for the liquid days.

Need to get some SF Jello and popsicles and broth.< /p>

Debating whether to measure myself or not. Hard to imagine doing, but I am sure I will want to know how many inches lost also.

Good luck to all.

I already have a food confession. I broke down and had a piece of pizza. Let me say is was yummy, but I feel guilty. I know we are going to have weak moments, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. I guess because I'm finally getting back into eating I couldn't help myself.

I can't wait for my first fill and maybe then I wont feel so bad when I wont be able to eat as much.

I went for my last pre op apt. and I was so scared that I didn't lose enough weight. The nurse asked me if I was excited for surgery and I said mostly concerned it will not happen. So, she looked at my weight and said, "Are you kidding you did SO great! How did you do it?" I couldn't believe it! Then the doctor came in and said nothing about my loss, just that he was sort of bothered that I was anemic. That guy has a real problem!

Anyway, I was so worried because he told me to lose 30 and the scale at the office said I only lost 28. (its different from mine at home and the doctor's office I was at just before this appointment).

Then, I got a phone call. The message said I need to be there at 5:30am instead of 8 because the surgery before me was cancelled. I just know it is because someone didn't lose enough weight and that makes me so sad because i was so scared of the same thing. Really, that was so depressing.

Maybe it wasn't for that reason. That person is on their own journey. kwim? Maybe they just have a cold.

In other words, be at peace and happy for yourself. my opinion, of course!

I have my last appt. tomorrow, and am scheduled for Monday. I am glad I didn't know about the arterial blood draw!!!!

Good thoughts for Thursday for you!

Ugh. Today is day 1 of the 'full liquids' diet and I'm starving! Not to mention tired and grouchy! How in the world did everyone make it through this??? Remind me of the goal b/c right now this hunger headache is kicking my tail! *sips V8*

I understand exactly what you are saying! I am on day 8 of a 14 day liquid diet. Honestly the first 3 days were HORRIBLE! B) I was in the worst mood ever, mad at the world and didn't know how I was going to make it. Hang in there, I promise it does get a little better. I'm still thinking of food and hate how many commercials and billboards there are with food on them to remind me when I am not thinking of it, but my mood is a lot better these days compared to last week ;) It will be worth it! :crying:

I already have a food confession. I broke down and had a piece of pizza. Let me say is was yummy, but I feel guilty. I know we are going to have weak moments, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. I guess because I'm finally getting back into eating I couldn't help myself.

I can't wait for my first fill and maybe then I wont feel so bad when I wont be able to eat as much.

I, too, feel like I could eat a whole pizza! I wish I had some restriction here!!! It's getting old eating Protein Shakes, yogarts and creamed Soups. Plus I've lost no weight since I was banded. B):thumbdown:;)

I am going tomorrow for my pre-op visit and set for Dec 28th for surgery. I am ok with the protien shakes and getting better with the minimal meal once a day. It is definatley a change. I am getting excited though to become a new me. B)

Mynewme... my pre-op is tomorrow and my surgery on 12/28 also!

I'm still starving but thank heavens my full liquid diet is only 1 week. Today isn't as bad as yesterday.

What was that about arterial blood draw??? *cringes* I hate needles!

I just got banded on Dec 14 and I feel great! I was out of work for a week, I'm still a little sore at the incision area, but otherwise feel fine. The 2 week pre-op liquid diet is a KILLER! After 3 days of Protein Shakes I was dying for real food! But I hung in there, lost about 10 lbs pre-op. The first couple days after surgery were a little painful, but not terrible. You feel a little bloated from the gas and weak from the pain, so you're not that hungry anyway. Just make sure to drink as much liquid as you can get down so you don't dehydrate. I had the surgery on a Monday, and only by the following Sunday was I starting to feel even the least bit hungry. So the first week of post-op liquids was fine (my doc makes us do 2 weeks of post-op liquid). On Monday when I went back to work, I was feeling a little hungry so I had a fat free yogurt diluted with skim milk to thin it out. Other than that, I'm feeling good and excited! Good luck to all you upcoming bandsters!

:drool:OMG!!! I'M SO JEALOUS! I'm going to be banded on the 29th and after reading some of the blogs, I can't believe how strict I have to be on my pre-op diet...3 Protein Shakes a day for 2 wks, I feel like a starving, I called my doc, asked if there was anything else I can have and the nurse said SF Jello and popcicles thats it! I'm so sick of Protein shakes already. I have one more week...ahh...and today is my birthday, my family didn't have any idea of how to Celebrate it, how do you get a candle to stay in jello? I'm looking forward to after the surgery so I can stop the shakes, and have broth.:tongue:

weight.png

Edited by jrene17

:drool:OMG!!! I'M SO JEALOUS! I'm going to be banded on the 29th and after reading some of the blogs, I can't believe how strict I have to be on my pre-op diet...3 Protein Shakes a day for 2 wks, I feel like a starving, I called my doc, asked if there was anything else I can have and the nurse said SF Jello and popcicles thats it! I'm so sick of Protein shakes already. I have one more week...ahh...and today is my birthday, my family didn't have any idea of how to Celebrate it, how do you get a candle to stay in jello? I'm looking forward to after the surgery so I can stop the shakes, and have broth.:tongue:

weight.png

I was sooo happy to finally have broth and cream soups.. You will get there.. That was what kept me in check for my post op diet. Now I am at mushy stage and cant wait to eat moist chicken.. Keep up the awesome work... :biggrin:

Well we made it up to my mom-in-law's in Chicago & I just got the confirm call from the hospital to be there at 5am tomorrow so it's on like popcorn! (man I would hurt someone for some popcorn right now...lol!) Good luck 12/22s!

I'm now banded! I am relaxing in the hotel. Surgery went well, just had some issues with nausea. The area near my port is really the only thing that's sore and that's only when trying to get up or down. Tried to drink some protien shake but my tummy doesn't seem to like it right now so I'm sipping some hot tea. This has been a far better experience than I imagined so future bandsters, don't be scared!

Hello everyone! Just peeking-in to see how everyone is doing. I'm doing fine - haven't lost a pound in a week, and it's discouraging...but *sigh* expected.

It's hard to believe that we are nearly through this month and that MOST of us are banded. Congrats to all the December Delights.

I am in Birmingham too. I was banded on the 14th. Who is your doctor?

Mynewme... my pre-op is tomorrow and my surgery on 12/28 also!

I'm still starving but thank heavens my full liquid diet is only 1 week. Today isn't as bad as yesterday.

What was that about arterial blood draw??? *cringes* I hate needles!