Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hi Joyce,

I think it is great that you are going to sit down and explain it to everyone. Don't let them talk you out of it either. It is for you and no one else.

I know that he is afraid I am going to leave him but he doesn't have such a great attitude now so that is not making me want to be with him anymore.

As for your boyfriend... That is great that you want to concentrate on yourself. You will be one hot woman and don't need to be tied down.

They won't talk me out of it I am doing the for me.

I don't want to give relationship advice (as I am not the best person to give it) Maybe you have to concentrate on yourself too. We are all going to be hot. I don't want to be tied down. But sometimes I think is it easier to be with someone who is banded. They understand. :scared2:

Thanks

Whooo Hooo went to consultation on the 8th should get call from surgeon in 2 weeks they said. I am on my way. hope to have surgery in January.

I am so glad to have found this thread. I wish all of us success and cyber-friendship for years to come.

Nancy

1.What is your current and goal weight?247/140

2.What is your surgery date? 1/6/3010

3.What is your age? 62

4.Where do you live? Michigan

5.Where are you having surgery? University of Michigan Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor?? Jonathan Finks

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance

8.What was your "deciding factor" for having this surgery? For me it was a heart attack in July 2008. While I was still in the hospital I spoke with the cardiologist about this surgery and he said wait 18 months (January 2010) and go for it. I'm going for it!!!

Nancy6015, our situation is about the same, weight, age. I will be 62 in January and am hoping for a January surgery date . . . see my doctor tomorrow. Many of my friends have let me know that this is not a good idea, but I feel like now is the time. . . as I'm a "young" 62 and have a lot to be gained by this . . . I haven't had heart attack but suffer from sleep apnea, high blood pressure, joint pain, and really bad depression. Let's keep in touch . . . good luck!!!:scared2:

me too! My date is Jan 13. Bright and early at 8:00 am!

Hey Just-Ice, we also have arthukd on the same date. I do not have the time yet but I am told around 9.40 am - so I am the latest of the three of us!

Funny, I too have been evaluating my eating habbits. I realised I am fairly good during the day - but in the evening, when I get home from work - all hell breaks lose! I will eat anything I lay my eyes on as I am starving. And the alcohol will be difficult - I enjoy a drink especially on the weekends - but I guess not anymore. And New year Eve is going to be difficult as I will be on my pre-op diet and it will be my first real test at control...........

Can we guys stay connected and compare notes - we are fairly close in age and our stats are comparable?

Good luck to all of us:thumbup:

Anul - you can eventually add back alcohol, just know it has calories, which slows weight loss. My sister had lapband 4 years ago and is still a pretty heavy drinker...(it runs in the family;) She has lost about 80 lbs and the weight loss has sort of stopped. She knows if she quits drinking she would lose more, but she is down to a size 10 or 12 and is very happy about her weight loss. Just a personal decision on what makes you happy. I too enjoy a glass of wine or two and don't see me giving it up completely.

We should definitely all stay connected w/ our Jan 13th date! I am so excited. I ate a reasonable dinner last night out w/ friends, and then got home and ate a 4th meal!! What is wrong with me??? That is why I am excited about the band. I really thought I was hungry, but I know I couldn't have really been physically hungry. Hoping the lapband will nip that in the bud.

Anul - you can eventually add back alcohol, just know it has calories, which slows weight loss. My sister had LAP-BAND® 4 years ago and is still a pretty heavy drinker...(it runs in the family;) She has lost about 80 lbs and the weight loss has sort of stopped. She knows if she quits drinking she would lose more, but she is down to a size 10 or 12 and is very happy about her weight loss. Just a personal decision on what makes you happy. I too enjoy a glass of wine or two and don't see me giving it up completely.

We should definitely all stay connected w/ our Jan 13th date! I am so excited. I ate a reasonable dinner last night out w/ friends, and then got home and ate a 4th meal!! What is wrong with me??? That is why I am excited about the band. I really thought I was hungry, but I know I couldn't have really been physically hungry. Hoping the LAP-BAND® will nip that in the bud.

Thank you so much for that Arthukd. Honestly, I do not see myself giving up alcohol entirely forever either ! Good to know I am normal in thinking so..........phew!!

I am excited about the surgery too - I am so tired of being obese - I want to live in the real sense! Can't wait is right!

I have a friend who had gastric bypass in October 2003. She lost 175 lbs but gained most of it back in the last 3 years. She drinks like a fish and doesn't eat enough Protein. I think it's all about moderation, and doing what you know you should do. Taking care of yourself the way you should. I am having a difficult time since quitting smoking in May. Last night was the first time I actually put a cigarette in my mouth (my husband is still smoking), although I didn't light it. So once I talked myself out of it, I turned to food. Had 15 potato chips with clam dip. I'm told after the surgery I won't have room for that...I sure hope so. I realize I am addicted to both cigarettes and food. I felt like a junky last night but hopefully tonight will be easier. There was no emotional need for me to want to do it either. It's scarey.:eek:

What is your current and goal weight? 231.5/150

2.What is your surgery date? January 2010

3.What is your age? 55

4.Where do you live? Charlotte, NC

5.Where are you having surgery? Presbyterian Hosptial

6.Who is your Doctor?? David Voellinger

7.Insurance or self-pay? UMR Insurance

8.What was your "deciding factor" for having this surgery? Failing health, constantly going to the doctor, adding more medications, feeling lousy, missing my old self.

I got a letter in the mail today from my insurance company saying they re denying the surgery. I almost cried. I then called the surgeons office and she said she was just about to call me. The doctor had a "peer to peer"discussion with the insurance comany and was able to get the denial reversed. I am set for surgery on January 4th. I can't even begin to tell you how excieted I am.

So now I start the pre op diet of 1200 calaroies. Merry Christmas to all of us. What a wonderful way to Celebrate Christmas and start the new year.

Marge.:rolleyes2:

I got a letter in the mail today from my insurance company saying they re denying the surgery. I almost cried. I then called the surgeons office and she said she was just about to call me. The doctor had a "peer to peer"discussion with the insurance comany and was able to get the denial reversed. I am set for surgery on January 4th. I can't even begin to tell you how excieted I am.

So now I start the pre op diet of 1200 calaroies. Merry Christmas to all of us. What a wonderful way to Celebrate Christmas and start the new year.

HI I am also scheduled for the 4th. I am so excited I can barely wait. Sorry you had a little scare there but it is awesome your doc worked it out for you. Congrats.

I am so tied of Inc. company's. I thought I had canceled my Inc. company and was only on my husbands Inc. But come to find out I canceled at the beginning of the year not wright know. So one of my test have to refile with my Inc . Then with my husbands Inc after wards. I called my doctors office and they said it would not affect my surgery if after Jan.. I am hopping to have it in Jan. Thats the good new about it all. Anyways I am glad to talk to y'all ,, I can get everything out and somebody understands what I am going threw. Chat later have to get up early in the morning.

Hey Just-Ice, we also have arthukd on the same date. I do not have the time yet but I am told around 9.40 am - so I am the latest of the three of us!

Funny, I too have been evaluating my eating habbits. I realised I am fairly good during the day - but in the evening, when I get home from work - all hell breaks lose! I will eat anything I lay my eyes on as I am starving. And the alcohol will be difficult - I enjoy a drink especially on the weekends - but I guess not anymore. And New year Eve is going to be difficult as I will be on my pre-op diet and it will be my first real test at control...........

Can we guys stay connected and compare notes - we are fairly close in age and our stats are comparable?

Good luck to all of us:thumbup:

Awesome! How very cool to be able to compare and root each other one.. with the same dates, this will be really neat to see how things affect/effect each of us! I'm SOOOOO very excited!!

What a relief ... those initial minutes must have been hell! Congratulations ... all's well that ends well.

My date is January 4th!!! I am still waiting for a final approval from my insurance (Tricare North). They made me do some lab work to determine if I have a stomach virus of some sort, has anyone else had to do this? I am so excited I start my pre-op diet on 12/21 (so over Christmas) but that's ok. It is worth it!!!!:thumbup:

HI I am also scheduled for the 4th. I am so excited I can barely wait. Sorry you had a little scare there but it is awesome your doc worked it out for you. Congrats.

I am 1/4 also, we should all stay in touch.

Marge.:thumbup:

Hi I'm the next day. Good kuck :mad2: