Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I know it's only been about 2 weeks that they sent it to the insurance two be approval. But I hope to hear something soon.. How long does it take?????????

What is your current and goal weight? 306/160

2.What is your surgery date? 1/21/2010

3.What is your age? 53

4.Where do you live? KCMO area

5.Where are you having surgery? Menorah Medical Center

6.Who is your Doctor?? Stephen Malley, MD

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance but only 50%, I have to pay up to my catastrophic limit of $3,000

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I can't keep up with my 80 year old mother! I really fear that if I don't do something about my weight, I will not live to enjoy retirement with my husband!

What do I want to do after I lose the weight? Do anything and not be short of breath, I long to take a walk or ride a bike and enjoy it instead of looking forward to resting.

JUst got approval from my insurance and am so very excited. I should be banded by end of January or 1st of Feb. Any other Illinois people getting banded in 2010??? Best of luck to us all!!!

Got call today for consultation. My 6 month dr. diet done, psyc dr. done, seminar done, paper work done. Getting excited about consultation. On my way?????:sad:

Hello everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread. My scheduled surgery date is 01-11-10, and I can't wait.

I'm a single/male 31yo Filipino based in Manila. I am 470lbs, and my current BMI is 57. All this I found out when I visited a local Lap-Band® Information Center a few days ago. I was informed of all the options I have, including bypass. But I decided to go with the lap-band®.

I really want to do this not because I was forced by my friends/family, but because I want to have a great life, and because i want to live longer to see my children and grandchildren grow up. Life is just too wonderful to be cut short.

Like what I said, my scheduled surgery is January 11, 2010. I've been told by my surgeon to do a pre-op diet 2 weeks before my surgery, but he encouraged me to do it earlier. So I decided to start my pre-op diet on Dec. 10. =)

I am really excited to do this, and I'm glad I found this thread so we can share our own experiences in going through all this.

1.What is your current and goal weight? Current: 470 / Goal: 220

2.What is your surgery date? 01-11-10

3.What is your age? 31

4.Where do you live? Manila, Philippines

5.Where are you having surgery? De Los Santos Medical Center

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Ferdinand Samonte

7.Insurance or self-pay? Self Pay

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? When I turned 31 this year, I had this realization that I am not getting any younger, and that I need to do something about this weight. Like what I said above, I want to live longer to see my children and grandchildren grow up. Life is just too wonderful to be cut short.

1.What is your current and goal weight?

Highest - 262, Current 249, Goal 140

2.What is your surgery date?

Not sure yet...

3.What is your age?

4.Where do you live?

North of Chicago, IL

5.Where are you having surgery?

Good Sheppard Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor??

Dr. Hoeltgen

7.Insurance or self-pay?

Hoping Insurance. That's what I'm waiting for...

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I sweat like crazy getting ready for work. I can barely keep up walking next to someone. I hate knowing i'm the heaviest person in the room. I won't go to mommy and me gymnastics with my toddler because I'm the fat, sweaty mom trying to get off the floor!

1.What is your current and goal weight?250/150

2.What is your surgery date?I find out today

3.What is your age?46

4.Where do you live?Louisiana

5.Where are you having surgery?Christus St. Patrick Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor?? Richard Shimer

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I'm worn out from the struggle! I can lose weight but have so much trouble keeping it off. It's time for me to put myself first for a change!

Just wanna see what we all have in common and get to know each other better...

Hello everyone,

My name is Anu and I am a Jan 2010 to be bandstander!! I am so excited to see everyone here - I know we will need each other to keep going!!

1. What is your current and goal weight? 285/160

2.What is your surgery date? 1/13/2010

3.What is your age? 38

4.Where do you live? Toronto, Canada

5.Where are you having surgery? SWLC - Mississauga

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Christopher Cobourn

7.Insurance or self-pay? Self pay - all the way!

8. What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I am tired of not being able to tie the laces on my shoes without having a step to put my foot up on. I am also tired of asking for a seat belt extension on flights. I want to have children. My husband deserves a thinner me.

What do I want to do after I lose the weight? Live a full - normal life. And be able to buy clothes from any store - not just a plus size store!!:sad:

Good luck to all of us!!

Hey January 2010 banders- Tell me more:

1.What is your current and goal weight?

2.What is your surgery date?

3.What is your age?

4.Where do you live?

5.Where are you having surgery?

6.Who is your Doctor??

7.Insurance or self-pay?

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery?

1. Before decision: 383 Current 355/170

2. January 14, 2010

3. 36

4. Greenville, North Carolina

5. Beaufort Hospital, 30 min outside Greenville

6. Steven Bonomo

7. Insurance

8. I am want to live, have children, and be promoted (can't prove it, but I feel deep down that is a determining factor). I have to take control of my life and live to live.

Had to correct my surgery date--I have not had it yet!!!:sad:

AprilShowers2010, good luck. We have the same surgeon, but I will be having surgery 9 days after you. My sister used Dr. Malley and she has done really great 40+ pounds lost so far and no longer shops in the big girl department.

WOOT!

Got my date today! Thursday January 14th!!

Backup date set for January 28th (in case any issues with insurance)

YAY!!!!

So, that means pre-op diet starts 1/1/10!!

Happy New Year!!

YES!!:w00t::thumbup::lol::thumbup::lol::thumbup:

Hi all I'm Noura , I get banded on January 7th, Cant wait but I am soooooooo nervous, scared filled with all kinds of emotions but from what I have read thats normal.... I would love to keep close touch with all of you if you guys are on face book I AM ALSO THERE feel free to add me (noura shuman) my highest weight was 295, consult 275, current 252, Im 5'6 so I am still frunpy looking (lol)..... MY BIGGEST PROBLEM is NOONE knows not even the hubby I have noone to cry to noone to confide in really everyone I know is soo judgemental I cant stand it....SOOOOO I am hoping that all of us are gonna be close friends....Good luck to all of you on this journey we are now embarking on .......

Hey Noura,

Hang in there girl! we will all get to the other side - together! It is unfortunate that you seem unable to speak to your immediate family for support - but hey I am sure there will come a time when you will be able to do so. Untill then - consider me as part of your family!

Take care

Hi Noura!

I'm being banded Jan 15th! I'm sorry you feel you have no one to talk to about this. I hope you find that the folks here are supportive and encouraging. I feel like maybe I've been telling too many people...Oh well. I hope all goes well for you. Not meaning to be nosey but isn't your husband going to notice?

I find that it helps to talk/type about my fears so feel free here!!

-Kate

Hello everyone - I am SO excited. I have my surgery date - January 13th! I wish it was closer, but my doctor does very few surgeries in December. I have to start a low carb, low fat diet two weeks prior, does anyone else have to do that? But I am really looking forward to getting this surgery and improving my life. I have moderately high blood pressure controlled with medication, but it is mainly my feet and knees - I have already had two surgeries on each. I am 53 years old and am too young to be in this much pain all the time.