Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

good for you deciding to do this. I'm48 wish I had done it sooner. Your comment about pictures struck me. I have 2 kids, teens now, they won't have any pics of me, because I don't like to have them taken. I look forward to a family photo.

i also had trouble, click on someone elses tracker and that will take you to the site. follow the instructions to make yours. at the end it gives you url addresses...didn't know what to do with those. I copied and pasted mine to my signiture area, save changes and that worked. Good luck with everything !!!

To think of it, I don't think I've taken more than a dozen pictures- voluntarily- in over a year. At this weight, I don't want a memory. And that's sad. I'm hoping this will give me the confidence and the self esteem that has been missing in my life for years... so I can build memories for the future and begin my life. I'm 28 now and hoping that by my 30th birthday I'll be at my goal weight- or at least more comfortable in my skin!

good luck evilqween i will get mine since to ins in dec so i am expecting to be banded in jan.

1.What is your current and goal weight? 323/150ish

2.What is your surgery date? Jan 12th so excited!

3.What is your age? 27

4.Where do you live? Chillicothe MO

5.Where are you having surgery? Overland Park KS

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Stephen Malley

7.Insurance or self-pay? Self Pay insurance was a no go

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? Well I guess I will put it all out there. I broke the dang toilet seat. And Im tired of having to take two tries to get off my low sofa. Im tired of panting after tying my shoes. I'm tired of feeling like everybody is looking at my weight instead of looking at my face and seeing a real person. I guess I'm just tired of being tired.

I know each and everyone of us is on a similar but different path and I hope that everyone of us has someone to hold our hand while we walk on it, but if not I'm glad we have each other.

1.What is your current and goal weight? HIGHEST 302 CURRENT 299, GOAL WEIGHT 150

2.What is your surgery date? N/A

3.What is your age?26

4.Where do you live?ATLANTA, GA

5.Where are you having surgery? NORTHWOOD HOSPITAL

6.Who is your Doctor?? DR. HART

7.Insurance or self-pay? INSURANCE

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? HATED THE WAY I LOOKED IN CLOTHES, HATED LOOKING AT MY BODY IN THE MIRROR

MY HEIGHT IS 5-6 MY BMI IS 48

Just an update. Signed my "consent" paperwork today. January 14 it is. :)

January 14 is my big day too!!!!:rolleyes:

Hey January 2010 banders- Tell me more:

1.What is your current and goal weight?

2.What is your surgery date?

3.What is your age?

4.Where do you live?

5.Where are you having surgery?

6.Who is your Doctor??

7.Insurance or self-pay?

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery?

1. Before decision: 383 Current 355/170

2. January 14, 2009

3. 36

4. Greenville, North Carolina

5. Beaufort Hospital, 30 min outside Greenville

6. Steven Bonomo

7. Insurance

8. I am want to live, have children, and be promoted (can't prove it, but I feel deep down that is a determining factor). I have to take control of my life and live to live.

I would like to be included in this January 2010 group. I don't have a surgery date yet but meet with my surgeon in two weeks and hope to set the date then as I've completed all the pre-op tests/requirements. Knowing that I'm not in the "boat" alone is comforting! :rolleyes:

1.What is your current and goal weight? C-249, G-145

2.What is your surgery date? Hoping for mid Jan 2010

3.What is your age? 61

4.Where do you live? Northeast Georgia

5.Where are you having surgery? Emory, Atlanta

6.Who is your Doctor?? Srinivasin (sp?)

7.Insurance or self-pay? Ins (BS/BS HMO)

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I am so tired all the time and want to be healthier (PS: I'm not getting any younger!) :rolleyes:

I have my surgery date for January 21st and relieved it finally has come together. I have been working towards this goal for more than a year. I am interested in joining your group of January 2010 bandsters. I think support will help me meet my goals.

About me, 53 yrs old, female, 312 highest weight and a list of co-morbidites too long to bore you with.

I am a real yo-yo dieter, I lose then gain all back plus a couple extra. Well that has to stop or it is going to kill me...literally!

We have the same day !!! I am going to fly from Cayman to El Paso on the 20th and will check in that night to the hospital. The will do the procedure on the 21st.

I am a little lighter than you at 250 and 58 years old but I know exactly what you are talking about.

I really want to use this as my guide for future life. Had a ball most of my life and it shows but time to get into control for the rest of my hopefully long life.

:rolleyes:

Lately I am trying to get motivated to do my 4 weeks of dieting...I know I should actually be doing it all along. I'm nervous if I cant even do this then how am I going to manage when my tool is in place. I am trying to be positive because I am looking forward to my journey of my new life style.

Thanks support

Heather:)

1.What is your current and goal weight? C-205 G-150

2.What is your surgery date Jan. 4th 2010, if I don't chicken out!

3.What is your age? 56

4.Where do you live? Jacksonville, Fl.

5.Where are you having surgery? Shands Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor?? Doctor Cywes

7.Insurance or self-pay? Self-pay

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I have diabetes and high blood pressure and am sick of looking terrible in my clothes!!:rolleyes:

1.What is your current and goal weight?

Starting 300+ current 298 As far as my goal goes, I don't have one! LOL My goal SIZE is a 12/14 which I would be comfortable and healthy at. I really believe that for me, weighing 140-150 would be TOO small, I'd look like a bony lollipop! Anyway...I think my bmi is 45 or so

2.What is your surgery date? TBD early 2010 i hope!

3.What is your age? 34 will be 35 in 22 days!

4.Where do you live? Stratford CT

5.Where are you having surgery? Bridgeport CT

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr Craig Floch

7.Insurance or self-pay? ins

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? looking in the mirrorr everyday and realized that fat girl looking back was me.....wanting a family, wanting to be able to run after my boyfriends niece and nephew, not needing weeks of recovery after moving or dancing all night at my friends wedding yadda yadda yadda

I love this thread! It's so fun getting to know everyone. I read all the "stats" and can't believe how much in common we all have. I can relate to just about all of the "deciding factors."

So since we are all having our surgery in January, when are you starting your pre-op diet? I admit I am a bit of a party girl and purposely chose my surgery date for January 15th because my Dr told me I needed to do a 2 week pre-op diet- NO ALCOHOL. And since I want to enjoy the holidays, I set my date for January 15th. That said... what pre-op diet instructions has your Dr given all of you?

Here's the diet I will be following: Protein shake for Breakfast and lunch. Lean Cuisine style meal for dinner. sugar free Jello or sugar free popsicles for a snack. Unlimited raw veggies. No dressing.

During these 2 weeks (of hell) I also want to start my exercising. My Dr requires I lose 5% body weight prior to surgery. Plus it will get me off my @ss and start to eat right. I want to start following the "Couch to 5K" program. Anyone heard of it? Wanna do it with me?? We can motivate each other!!! I'll start January 1st! What better way to start out the New Year?!!?!?!