Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Count me in on the January bandsters thread. let's try and keep this thing going! Since I have been scheduled for January it just seems like I am eatting more and more. I think it's because I am scared that I won't be able to eat my favorite foods like this after banding. If I keep eatting like this I will probably gain 20lbs or so before January, I have got to stop!!! Are any of you having this problem?

Hope everyone here has a great day.:tongue2:

Hi Con B

You know it is so true that once you make the actual commitment and get your date you start to freak out about what you are giving up. At the same time you give yourself a little break from the low carb diet or the exercise because mentally you are soon going to have a miracle cure to being fat. No matter how fat. Whoa. I caught myself sliding on the weekend with some "favorite foods" thinking its okay whats a couple of pounds .......... REALLY ..... that can't work.

So I guess it goes right back to why I have been fat for 30 years ........ I always give myself too much leeway, permission for too many second courses and of course my worst enemy: gobble it down fast it tastes so good ..... woops bloated again. I can't imagine a half cup meal that you spend 15 minutes eating. I have tried the chewing to literally liquid .... to see what it is like and the gravy got cold !! That is going to take some practice ......... so start early.

But I really want this to work and I am going to do what ever it takes. I remember quiting smoking after 40 years and so many "attempts" that just did not stick. Not enough will power .. sound familiar. Then one day, after I had to start cpap for sleep apnea, I decided to use every tool I could get my hands on to quit smoking. I did the patch, the pills and the gum all at once and all I could get on and in me. It still took tremendous control ........ like going to play golf without your buddy or losing your friend, your comfort after a stressful day. After 4 months of persisting it finally worked and that is how I feel about the lap band ........ it is all the tools at once provided I stick with the program. I know it will work. So hang in there and make the effort every day to stay focused on control. We only have two months to go !!!!!!!!!!!! and soon the wonder of science will give us the tool to make it over that hump if that is where we really and truly want to go. I am sure you want the same thing I do.

:)

Count me in on the January bandsters thread. let's try and keep this thing going! Since I have been scheduled for January it just seems like I am eatting more and more. I think it's because I am scared that I won't be able to eat my favorite foods like this after banding. If I keep eatting like this I will probably gain 20lbs or so before January, I have got to stop!!! Are any of you having this problem?

Hope everyone here has a great day.:tongue_smilie:

:tongue_smilie:I am definately having issues with losing weight, but isn't that why we are getting banded. I think that if I could lose the weight on my own I wouldn't need this. Anyways I am eating a little more than I would like to be, I think it is nerves also. I feel like I am being deprived already, my mom says it is the carb addiction. That I am just afraid. So my plan is to have a Protein shake in the morning for Breakfast and try to eat less carbs throughout the day. I think we should keep in mind that in about 1 year we will be sporting a new and improved amount of energy and that will be well worth it (or that is what I am trying to convence myself).

:thumbup:Well I have made my appointment for Jan 07,2009 and I can't wait I have my medical records ready. Can any with atena tell me about the 3 month pre diet thing how that works? Oh can someone also tell how to put a BMI tracker on my screen.

I had my final meeting with the surgeon on Wednesday. All other appointments are behind me. The office says it will take up to a month for the insurance approvals so I think I am also looking at a January date. In reading thru the comments, I too am nervous about giving up the foods that I love (but obviously hate me), I love to sit by the pool and drink wine and eat cheese and crakcers.

Oh well. I've been yoyo dieting all my life and love it when my weigt is down...........the trouble is when it comes back it always adds an extra 10. I'm ready to do it for good. Good luck to all.

Hi everyone, my name is Joyce and I am from New Jersey. My date is set for January 5, 2010. All my appointments are done just waiting for the day and I can't wait. Good luck to all of you.

Well All, I have gone to the seminar and my initial consultation on 12/01/09. I went to the seminar with all of my medical records and insurance info so hopefully it won't take long to get approved. I don't have to have the six month diet but I do have documentation of previous weight loss efforts that I have tried. I am really looking forward to having this done soon by faith I am gonna say COUNT ME IN! Yeah :thumbup:

I'm getting banded on Jan 12th 2010 I will start my pre-op diet the day after Christmas. I figured trying to do a strict diet and trying to bake Cookies with my 3 year old wasn't a combo I wanted to make so I opted for the new year. I would really like to help give support to those who need it and would love to get some buddies to help me in my journey too.

I am so excited I want the time to fly for my first appt.Can someone please tell how I can put a BMI tracker on my Blog? Good luck to all of you.

Awesome! We have the same date!!!

I have the same surgery date as well!

I've struggled with this decision - I will be self-pay, but at the end of the day I've tried everything else and was never successful in maintaining any weight loss. I'm looking forward to being a happy, healthier (and lighter me).

I am so excited I want the time to fly for my first appt.Can someone please tell how I can put a BMI tracker on my Blog? Good luck to all of you.

:tt2: I wish I could help you with the weight tracker thing. I tried it once and it didn't work. Maybe someonr here will take pity on us and tell us how it's done! By the way, good luck on your up coming surgery and keep in touch with all of us.:biggrin:

:tt2: I wish I could help you with the weight tracker thing. I tried it once and it didn't work. Maybe someonr here will take pity on us and tell us how it's done! By the way, good luck on your up coming surgery and keep in touch with all of us.:biggrin:

LaGordita and ConB113, there are many options for creating a weight loss and/or bmi signature out there. You can go to Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy... and design your signature. Once you've entered your details you will see a box with html code at the bottom of the page. Copy and paste the code in your blog . Hope this helps!

Edited by mykoop

I have my surgery date set for January 15th! I figured it was the best way to start the New Year! I feel like I've been planning this for years, it's kinda surreal.

I am having surgery with Dr Ortiz in Tijuana, Mexico. I researched and researched and researched and know this is my best option.

I'd love to stay in touch with all of you so we can track out progress! Good luck all! :redface:

Edited by mandyfsc

Hi all I think I am doing this, I cant believe I am doing this. I have a Jan 15 surgery date. Just waiting to hear back about ins. Excited and scared. I love the thought of going through this with all of you. Makes it a lot easier.

Good luck everyone...

i have athena and my last appointment will be in dec. and after that they will submit my information so i can get approved. but my surgeron said more than like i will have a Jan. date.

I HOPE to be a Jan 2010 bandster! Just had my pulmonologist test yesterday, waiting to hear back for my sleep study, one more "medically supervised weight loss attempt" appt in December! Bleh...after writing all that I realized that I may be a February baby :-( Oh well.....as long as it happens it's alllll goooood :thumbup: